How did We'll Live and Die in these Towns start before kick offs? (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

How did the song before kick off at the CBS start?

Most (if not all) love it from what I can see and never fails to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

djr8369

Sure somebody said they had been trying to get it going for a while but to me seemed to have come from nowhere this season. I’ve been to most home games and I think it was only playing (at least right before kick off) a few months back?

Joy Division

Saw a comment on Youtube from the guy who plays this at the CBS about the song from this video

The person who's got WLADITT going from the start is Stu, he's got this as the anthem. In terms of it being played in full, that'll be a production schedule discussion and where the club and Stu think it would work best. In it's current spot (between teamsheet and KO), there's not enough time, so would need to be earlier in the schedule if that was to happen. Thankfully, that's not my call

Flying Fokker

Sure somebody said they had been trying to get it going for a while but to me seemed to have come from nowhere this season. I’ve been to most home games and I think it was only playing (at least right before kick off) a few months back?
It was also at the play-off final. But I’m impressed how much it has taken off. It’s the right note pitch for everyone to sing. Unlike LAST.

gspotgaz

I remember them trying this years ago maybe in 2005 for baggies fa cup game where Doyle got sent off and we lost 5-0.

Different more positive times now and we needed another anthem so there we go

edgy

Sad Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Joy Division

It never happens for people like us, you know
Well, nothing ever happened on it's own

bigfatronssba

It started way back at the beginning of last season. However the first game I really remember people singing it was Birmingham last year. Then two weeks later for the Middlesbrough play off game

torchomatic

bigfatronssba

Also, Wembley showed how much better it is if you crank the volume up.
It’s played to quietly at the CBS, the crowd completely drowns it out so people go out of sync with the tune. Same with Take Me Home, the rendition at Wembley is the first time I’ve heard us sing it at the correct tempo

bigfatronssba

I never liked this song but Royston's a good lad so I'll let him off :ROFLMAO:

You don’t have to like it in fairness. It’s not played for entertainment value.

It’s an anthem. A show of strength & unity before battle.

djr8369

It started way back at the beginning of last season. However the first game I really remember people singing it was Birmingham last year. Then two weeks later for the Middlesbrough play off game
Was at both those games and don’t remember that. Was it not sung as loud or not just prior to kickoff?

Tommo1993

Maybe against QPR we can give the team one last show. Everybody bring their flags and we do another full rendition of the song?

Showing my ignorance here but I didn't realise they are a Coventry band!

It is so very fitting that this particular song is adopted by us. No-one can steal it or copy it!

Users who are viewing this thread