How did the new boys look tonight ? (1 Viewer)

Martin180

Malaga ,Jennings and Elliott ?

Could we have a spine starting to form - Murphy Wood Malaga Jennings and Elliott ?

kg82

Really impressed with Malaga. Looked very good. Apart from two awful passes!! Jennings looked good also and Elliott took his chance really well and gave a really good account of himself. I'm really impressed with Barton in the first 2 games, looks so assured on the ball, great first touch and has been working tirelessly.

Gaz

Barton looked alright again and so did Elliot, I was glad when I heard he was starting tonight.

Wasn't impressed with the man u loan player again though.

spwaverley4916

Malaga - defended well but distribution poor, Jennings played very well. Barton looked tired near the end but covered a lot of ground during the game. Elliot and Cody chased everything ( even the nonsense high balls). Baker touch and go throughout. Hussey had a good game. Kilbane, in my humble opinion was imense.

wingy

All the new guys aquitted themselves pretty well ,Malaga had one wayward pass ,sounds like a goal scored chalked off ,Barton i felt could have been a bit more creative ,as could Kilbane.
Jennings looks like a footballer ,possibly a little to much confusion between Reece Brown and malaga which eventually lead to the goal,Elliot is CLASS and besides scoring should have been awarded a Penalty.

KersleyDigs

I agree Jennings and Elliott will be effective in this league, worked hard and will get better with more fitness. Barton is a cultured player and alongside Fleck could be a big player, although faded badly and needs time

Ccfcisparks

Malaga - defended well but distribution poor, Jennings played very well. Barton looked tired near the end but covered a lot of ground during the game. Elliot and Cody chased everything ( even the nonsense high balls). Baker touch and go throughout. Hussey had a good game. Kilbane, in my humble opinion was imense.

Kilbane did absolutely nothing all game and is to slow to play on the wing.

shy_tall_knight

Kilbane was imense !!! need to expand on this first half he was very poor - like most of the team, seemed to me that he was off the pace all game but love to hear your opinion.

CCFC_Charlie

Malaga impressed me, didn't misplace a pass for the first 35 minutes. Looked to play it out from the back more as well unlike Wood and Brown who are both advocates of a good old fashioned HOOF

KersleyDigs

I though Brown was poor. Unless there's a chance of him developing and us getting him on a perm in the future, let him go and make his mistakes elsewhere...

The biggest disappointment for me was Reece Brown, gave the ball away in dangerous positions and was too slow on the ball.

Jennings and Malaga got better as the game went on after poor starts.

Elliot worked hard and his finish for the goal was top drawer.

We need some midfield cover as they all looked like they were treading water after 70 mins.

AFCCOVENTRY

Malaga - could be a great find especially at this level. will only get better with game time
Brown - poor, makes me nervous, Cameron is better than him
Jennings - hard worker but needs games to get fitter
Barton - showed touches of what he can be, need game time in centre with Jennings and they will be good
Kilbane - looked tired at times....3rd game in a week almost. he needs a rest
Elliott - never stops closing and chasing, bit of pace and good finish, will be good with cody if there is supply.... which is where Fleck comes in

Baker - needs to buck up his ideas and stop being clueless
Cody - quiet game really... no supply today
Wood - will be a rock for us
Hussey - average

Otis

To say Brown was poor is an understatement.

Just how many times did he lose possession or hit a misplaced pass.

I didn't think too much of Kilbane to be honest. Elliot did okay and Barton in patches. For me the stand out player was Jennings who for me was MOTM by a country mile.

Nick

Administrator
Kilbane didn't even come into the game until towards the end but he did look knackered.

Really impressed with Malaga, apart from a misplaced long ball he was solid at the back and looked to play the ball out rather than hoof. He will also bag us a few goals from corners too :)

Nonleagueherewecome

Brown isn't a RB, that much is clear. Hope bCyrus & Clarke are back soon. But that said, Brown did play 3 stunning through balls second half: there aren't many L1 CB's who can do that. Sadly he tried it one time too many, their guy read it, and they scored from the break.

Thought Jennings was the guy who was immense? Bloody superb display. At last, a ball-winner and leader in midfield! Astute, your lad deserves your name (Astute, that is).

Elliott was really good too. Great finish, closed down as tirelessly as Morrell, played some great lay-off passes.

Generally, I'm amazed at the quality of our free transfer signings!

speedie87

Were you actually at the game? If so could you give me an example of what he did?

For start how can u say he's to slow to play on the wing when we play the narrowest midfield in history!

Kilbane was holding it together out there but like Carsley did on his return and he was in the refs ear

Otis

Brown isn't a RB, that much is clear. Hope bCyrus & Clarke are back soon. But that said, Brown did play 3 stunning through balls second half: there aren't many L1 CB's who can do that. Sadly he tried it one time too many, their guy read it, and they scored from the break.

Thought Jennings was the guy who was immense? Bloody superb display. At last, a ball-winner and leader in midfield! Astute, your lad deserves your name (Astute, that is).

Elliott was really good too. Great finish, closed down as tirelessly as Morrell, played some great lay-off passes.

Totally agree with you about Jennings. Head and shoulders above just about everyone on the pitch in terms of class.

Martin180

I thought that getting Jennings ,Elliott and Fleck for nothing was a real coup .Once we get players back like Thomas,Cameron and Christie we will look a better side .Still think we need a better LB though

Ccfcisparks

He wasn't holding anything together. He lost the ball many times and never won a loose ball because he wasn't sharp enough.

skyblue.boycie

1st half was poor and really not good to watch. 2nd half was much better, tempo was good and passing between players a big improvement on the 1st half. Malaga was the stand out for me in the 1st half but let himself down with a couple of wild passes with 5 mins to go in that half. Does look like he could be a real find for us over the season. Over the 90 mins I thought Jennings looked good, got stuck in & worked hard to make himself available for a pass. Barton was ok but he could be better as Brown behind him had a poor game giving the ball away too often. Elliot was my MOTM. He worked his socks off, showed some nice touches and finished his goal very well. PUSB.

craigSKYBLUE

Barton...classy
Jennings....solid game looks good
Elliot...played very well lovely finish
Brown...OK second half poor first
Malaya...solid
Kilbane...didn't notice him too muchtbh

Martin180

I agree... Hussey isn't the answer at LB. Hence why thorn was looking at that millwall chap
It annoys me that Hussey gets given so many chances/excuses by some on here yet other players don`t .For me he is poor positionally , his passing/crossing is substandard and his body language suggests he doesnt care .Will Kilbane play LB more as the season progresses ?

NuneatonSkyBlue

Jennings for me was immense, breaking up attacks, covering the defence and showing for the ball every time.

I think given time we might possibly have 3 of the best midfielders in the league in Barton, Fleck and jennings, IF they live up to thier potential!

Martin180

Jennings for me was immense, breaking up attacks, covering the defence and showing for the ball every time.

I think given time we might possibly have 3 of the best midfielders in the league in Barton, Fleck and jennings, IF they live up to thier potential!
Add Thomas to them 3 and the midfield looks very threatening

Nonleagueherewecome

Thought Hussey was crap first half, but miles better second. Had a decent game second half, particularly going forwards. He was given zero help by Baker, who didn't move and kept playing him into trouble! Second half, Kilbane and Hussey clicked superbly. Looking forwards to more of that partnership down the left.

stupot07

Malaga played ok, made a few errors in the first half but grew into the game
Brown was awful, and before someone says he's not a right back, there were plenty on here bigging up his utility role, when people mentioned lack of cover in certain areas
Jenning played quiet well, thought he sometimes took too long to pass, especially in the first half
Barton worked hard and showed glimpses but was average
Kilbane was poor, moaned at the ref the whole game asking for fouls. Oh well he's got his 110 Ireland caps to think about.
Elliot took his goal well and generally looked the more lively up front.

People might have commented he could be a useful signing for the squad if he can fill in at several positions, but he did look like the archetypal centre back having to do a job at full back. Doesn't mean he can't have a role to play if needed at centre back. If Malaga grows even more into the season, Clarke comes back and looks threatening, and Hussey gets a little confidence going, I think the need to give Brown stick lessens.

NuneatonSkyBlue

Add Thomas to them 3 and the midfield looks very threatening

How could i forget Thomas!?!?!

Like you say that midfield looks very threatening and if AT really wants to play passing football and the diamond formation then you can't get much better than them 4 at our level. Should they all live up to thier potential!!!

stupot07

I can only comment on what I saw tonight, didn't go to Yeovil but the feedback from that match suggested that brown was poor.

Users who are viewing this thread