How did Bigirimana/Christie play today? (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Both to be fair to them didn't do to bad, christie had some good runs, CAN'T CROSS OR SHOOT though as we had found out already, but has the capability to push keogh and clarke for right back.
Gael again spread the ball around fantastically well, miss placed one or two passes, but they were mainly due to baker, messing up.
At one point did a great move as he beat a norwich defender in the box with a few stepovers and crossed in to gary and eastwood who both messed up.
I can really see Gael push for a place on saturday, with deegan possibly out and baker playing as poorly as he did, I think he would be the best option.
As for Christie, by christmas he could be fighting for a place.

Walking Bird

Agree Gael looks like he could step up. Christie i'm not sure is ready, He could be taken to pieces next week if AT had any thoughts on playing him.
Bring in Woods & put Keogh back at RB

skybluegod

christie played superbly i thought and i think he ment to put in low crosses which almost worked and gael did well in passing and positioning but they both were poor and tired second half

pusbccfc

christie played superbly i thought and i think he ment to put in low crosses which almost worked and gael did well in passing and positioning but they both were poor and tired second half

Agree with low crosses once or twice but like six times, especially when not one ended up well!
He went my mates school a few years back, He played up front...

kdp888

Both to be fair to them didn't do to bad, christie had some good runs, CAN'T CROSS OR SHOOT though as we had found out already, but has the capability to push keogh and clarke for right back.
Gael again spread the ball around fantastically well, miss placed one or two passes, but they were mainly due to baker, messing up.
At one point did a great move as he beat a norwich defender in the box with a few stepovers and crossed in to gary and eastwood who both messed up.
I can really see Gael push for a place on saturday, with deegan possibly out and baker playing as poorly as he did, I think he would be the best option.
As for Christie, by christmas he could be fighting for a place.

Not surprised with reference to Carl Baker he has never had a good game in any ive seen him play! I would play any of the young lads before him.

pusbccfc

Not surprised with reference to Carl Baker he has never had a good game in any ive seen him play! I would play any of the young lads before him.

I liked carl baker... When he first came near the end of 2008/09 season?
He used to beat most players and resulting in a decent cross.
Then Boothroyd took over and since he's been AWFUL.

skybluegod

I liked carl baker... When he first came near the end of 2008/09 season?
He used to beat most players and resulting in a decent cross.
Then Boothroyd took over and since he's been AWFUL.

he played well once when i was at the cov vs place fa cup when he scored a nice volley and put in some decent crosses

Baker's not consistent enough.

Is it wrong that I fear Bigi will be taken off us as soon as we play him!

We all heard what happened with Connor Thomas though. He was told he was going out on loan and to pack his bags.

Macca

I think more what people are thinking is although he might be happy to serve his apprenticeship here, if he is the player people think he might be he will be on his toes once a 20K a week big club come in. Depends how long that takes I guess.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Very impressed with gael, he has a lot of quality on the ball and has good vision to pick out killer passes. Possibly the playmaker we may have lacked in recent seasons. He is still young though but the potential is there IMO.

Sky

The clubs he's rejected since joining us are both of the Manchester clubs and the villa

Big Cyrille

I thought both players played well today and look good prospects for the club which at this present time we are desperately in need for. I have to be honest though with that midfield i fear we will get turned over. Where is the steel? Yes they played some nice football at times but defensively there is no protection to the back four. I just hope we see a new midfielder and a new striker come in very soon.

Nonleagueherewecome

I wonder if there's the option of registering Carsley with a squad number just in case?

Nevermind that, I'd say giving him a contract as a player until Xmas now would be the smartest possible thing we could do. He has the steel and experience our midfield is absolutely crying out for. Whatever you think of him, he was an essential part of our side lsat season when we were troubling the play offs and at this moment in time would be more than handy to have as an option.

I dread to think what happens if Sammy gets injured again.

Users who are viewing this thread