hope you are all happy (1 Viewer)

ive been saying since october if we want to stay up then we need to get rid of thorn. 7 months later ive been proved right

yes he hasnt be given all the right tools but he has spent money and had 3 loans in so its not as tho hes been given nothing

he decides to speak out about sisu when its too late ,

also i hate sisu and protested with the other 200 before the saints game but what makes me angry is everyone on here moaning , but where were you in janauary ? :thinking about:

too little to late again as usual

Gray

don't think anyone on here has the power to sack thorn?

Last edited:

Chipfat

Feel sorry for AT as im sure he believed certain promises, but he should of came out months ago with his comments not wait until his contract is up to air his views....

TommyAtkins

ive been saying since october if we want to stay up then we need to get rid of thorn. 7 months later ive been proved right

yes he hasnt be given all the right tools but he has spent money and had 3 loans in so its not as tho hes been given nothing

also i hate sisu and protested with the other 200 before the saints game but what makes me angry is everyone on here moaning , but where were you in janauary ? :thinking about:

We couldn't afford to sack Thorn. And even if we could, who in the their right mind would want the job?

He was wrong to speak out against SISU. No one should make comments in public like that. Lose some respect for him because of that.

You may have protested - but that protest was always doomed to failure, if only because the protestors could offer no credible replacement.

Otis

He should never have been put in charge in the first place with the constrictions we had.

Guess he was taken in by all the empty promises, but with this squad and this inexperience we needed an older wiser head at the helm.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though isn't it.

Well done for that Mumford, we should all listen to u in future. U weren't the bloke sitting behind me in the 92nd minute shouting "change it Thorn, get some fresh legs on" were u?

We couldn't afford to sack Thorn. And even if we could, who in the their right mind would want the job?

He was wrong to speak out against SISU. No one should make comments in public like that. Lose some respect for him because of that.

You may have protested - but that protest was always doomed to failure, if only because the protestors could offer no credible replacement.

couldnt afford ? we dont know that as we dont know what his wage is as for another manager we dont know what is avaliable and who would come but im sure we could have attracted a suitable replacement , 2 weeks ago we looked safe , since then thorn masterminded our downfall. since hull weve played 4 drew 2 and lost 2 in that time bristol have played harder teams and managed 2 wins and 2 draws . they were more up for it

last night was terrible apart form 15 min period , thorn sat there wheras millwall manger was motivating , thats the difference

it was only doomed to failure because of the numbers and because people were ridiculed for it on here

Well done for that Mumford, we should all listen to u in future. U weren't the bloke sitting behind me in the 92nd minute shouting "change it Thorn, get some fresh legs on" were u?

no because i had gone by the 85th min because i couldnt stand watching anymore

i wish i was wrong all season but when you let ppl shit on you theyll carry on doing it , sisu and thorn combined together have killed this club off

if more fans had fight and bollocks about them it could have been different

DazzleTommyDazzle

Before the Saints game I was standing by JH's statue - hurt like hell being outside the ground while we were playing.

I don't blame AT though. I completely agree that he's made mistakes, but he had all the ground cut from under him.

Responsibility lies fairly and squarely with the inept (most polite word I can think of) management of SISU.

skyblue19

Caught him at the wrong time I guess, frustrations boiled over and maybe regrets what he said. Or maybe he has been planning to say it for a few weeks, who knows.

Before the Saints game I was standing by JH's statue - hurt like hell being outside the ground while we were playing.

I don't blame AT though. I completely agree that he's made mistakes, but he had all the ground cut from under him.

Responsibility lies fairly and squarely with the inept (most polite word I can think of) management of SISU.

dtd what boils me all the threads about sisu yet that day only 200 bothered

all want there say after the damage is done

TommyAtkins

couldnt afford ? we dont know that as we dont know what his wage is as for another manager we dont know what is avaliable and who would come but im sure we could have attracted a suitable replacement , 2 weeks ago we looked safe , since then thorn masterminded our downfall. since hull weve played 4 drew 2 and lost 2 in that time bristol have played harder teams and managed 2 wins and 2 draws . they were more up for it

last night was terrible apart form 15 min period , thorn sat there wheras millwall manger was motivating , thats the difference

it was only doomed to failure because of the numbers and because people were ridiculed for it on here

We have no money. Sacking Thorn (every on his contract) would have costed money we didn't have.

Very few managers, apart from Bobby Gould, would have been interested in the job.

The protest failed to attract sufficient numbers because it was based on faulty assumptions. When ashbyjan got involved, there was real potential for momentum to build.

But he was never given the chance by a small sheeplike minority

Ashdown

Don't blame Thorn Mumford..............blame the previous managers who largely wasted any money that SISU did make available and being tactical disasters despite their CV's.............above all blame SISU for providing next to fuck all for this manager to work with. It was clear last August we were doomed after they bled us dry and then added insult to injury by selling our leading goalscorer in January.

We have no money. Sacking Thorn (every on his contract) would have costed money we didn't have.

Very few managers, apart from Bobby Gould, would have been interested in the job.

The protest failed to attract sufficient numbers because it was based on faulty assumptions. When ashbyjan got involved, there was real potential for momentum to build.

But he was never given the chance by a small sheeplike minority

fair point but the protests were more vocal in september then past few weeks/months

that goes to show how fickle cov fans are , blame sisu when the damage is done

Don't blame Thorn Mumford..............blame the previous managers who largely wasted any money that SISU did make available and being tactical disasters despite their CV's.............above all blame SISU for providing next to fuck all for this manager to work with. It was clear last August we were doomed after they bled us dry and then added insult to injury by selling our leading goalscorer in January.

last night he sat there and wasnt vocal enough , on the otherhand jackett for them was going mad and ordering his players , you would have thought it was millwall in trouble by the manager actions

also i agree he has been dealt a poor hand but he signed cody for half a mill and was given 3 premership loanes, not great i know but he has a bit to work with

i am annyoed mate and angry just like seeing our club where it is

TommyAtkins

fair point but the protests were more vocal in september then past few weeks/months

that goes to show how fickle cov fans are , blame sisu when the damage is done

Above all, a lot of fans (self included) wanted reassurance that there was a credible alternative waiting to replace SISU.

Therefore, the protest needed to have a measure of cooperation with SISU in the first instance.

Above all, a lot of fans (self included) wanted reassurance that there was a credible alternative waiting to replace SISU.

Therefore, the protest needed to have a measure of cooperation with SISU in the first instance.

thing is mate i couldnt care who took over because it couldnt get any worse ?

getting sisu out was the main priority but the fans decided to sit back and allow the demise

Macca

He s been let down in no small part by the players as well to be fair. Despite being told regularly on here that we only have 11 year old kids who aren t good enough for the championship, you watch how many of this lot snap up moves this summer to clubs in....the championship

TommyAtkins

getting sisu out was the main priority but the fans decided to sit back and allow the demise

Disagree completely.

The main priority has to be preserving the future of Coventry City Football Club for future Sky Blue generations

Anything and everything else is trivia.

Getting SISU out for the sake of it was damaging - consequently, most fans refused to support it

mark82

Why do people think Thorn should have spoken out against SISU. Would you slag your bosses/company owners off in the press? Of course not, you would be sacked.

Disagree completely.

The main priority has to be preserving the future of Coventry City Football Club for future Sky Blue generations

Anything and everything else is trivia.

Getting SISU out for the sake of it was damaging - consequently, most fans refused to support it

and the future is what excatly ?

a ground we dont own
a league 1 team
no money
no fans
no valueable players
we could only be one league apart from nueneaton next season

that future looks very bleak

Brighton Sky Blue

For this season? SISU 70%, Thorn 20%, Players 10%. If we didn't have such talented youngsters it would've turned out far worse than it already is.

Why do people think Thorn should have spoken out against SISU. Would you slag your bosses/company owners off in the press? Of course not, you would be sacked.

different situations the fooball world to normal business

on the flip side , if i have a bad day at work would my boss give me day off NO!!
the players get days off traning after a bad result

like i said football is not like normal dayjobs , clough used to stand up for himself and that didnt do him any harm did it

covcity4life

i agree OP, the thorn lovers gave alot stick out after a unbeatons treak,now they can eat humble pie, its not their fault,they love cov,were all fans,they just dont understand the game as much

none of it helps cov of course :(

TommyAtkins

and the future is what excatly ?

a ground we dont own
a league 1 team
no money
no fans
no valueable players
we could only be one league apart from nueneaton next season

that future looks very bleak

You are correct
]
The future is extremely bleak – thanks to the ruinous policies of Robinson and Richardson.
SISU may well leave anyway but it would have been catastrophic for us to force them out (even if we could) without a credible and immediate replacement to replace them.[

What we need is an orderly transition from one owner to another owner.

SISU or no SISU, our relegation was the sadly inevitable consequence dating from 2001 and before

We need to find a sustainable level, which may be League One or Two or even Non-League. This process may involve administration.

The fans have a role to play – but it needs to be supportive – in the broadest sense of the word. That includes working with SISU if necessary.

Not just chanting “SISU Out” –without any understanding of the consequences.

Si80

Couldn't get any worse? Are you mental? Have you not seen what replacing one set of inept owners with another has done for other clubs?

Just look at Pompey and Rangers to see the shit we could be in....

Don't get me wrong, SISU haven't done right by us in the 5/6 years they have been here, and I want nothing more than a sheik to come in and give us £100M. But that isn't going to happen. And do you know what, SISU are still going be here at the start of next season and it's going to be an even harder season in League 1.

Errm it's SISU we need rid of and then the new owners could make the appropriate decisions regards the manager. I am happy that thorn has done his best with blunt tools. He has put in a great effort for someone totally out of his depth and I applaud the guy for his efforts.

Steve Harrison however is fucking shocking. Experienced assistant manager and he still allows us to play like that.

Edit> It's amusing that you start this thred whilst there is a 12page thread going on about how great Thorns efforts have been and how the owners have tied his hands behind his back.

Last edited:
Couldn't get any worse? Are you mental? Have you not seen what replacing one set of inept owners with another has done for other clubs?

Just look at Pompey and Rangers to see the shit we could be in....

Don't get me wrong, SISU haven't done right by us in the 5/6 years they have been here, and I want nothing more than a sheik to come in and give us £100M. But that isn't going to happen. And do you know what, SISU are still going be here at the start of next season and it's going to be an even harder season in League 1.

the above statement backs up what i mean , it could be worse , well it will be if you dont stand up gainst them

if they stay here you think things will get better ??? give your head a shake

Moff

He s been let down in no small part by the players as well to be fair. Despite being told regularly on here that we only have 11 year old kids who aren t good enough for the championship, you watch how many of this lot snap up moves this summer to clubs in....the championship

Macca, great post as ever.

People need to read that and appreciate that, as amongst the various different things that have led us into this shambolic position, including SISU, past owners, Thorn, the tea lady, playing on a full moon etc, the players are also to blame.

Just look at how many of our players move on to Championship clubs, and realise that althoughh we had a small squad, there was quality in it, that did not perform perhaps as it could and should have.

Edit> It's amusing that you start this thred whilst there is a 12page thread going on about how great Thorns efforts have been and how the owners have tied his hands behind his back.

thorns great efforts ????

past 4 games have been anything but great

2 weeks ago it was in our own hands now look at us

when it mattered the players and manager bottled it

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I do wish people would stop calling the team "tools"! :D :D

thorns great efforts ????

past 4 games have been anything but great

2 weeks ago it was in our own hands now look at us

when it mattered the players and manager bottled it

Errm if I recall he has been forced to play injured players over the last 4 matches due to having a tiny squad size. I suppose that this is his fault though and not the owners?

At the end of the day, I f Thorn still had the squad that he had at the end of last season then we would not be going down. This is absolutely nothing to do with the owners?

Let's look at it another way, how well do you think you could write on this forum if the owner of your computer took away all of the vowels?

Users who are viewing this thread