Hope... Probably more false hope... (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Those stats are wrong.

The table I was looking at had the total wins and then the wins broken down by home and away and I took the total and added the away wins column on thinking it was just two columns, home and away.

It is actually .....

9 wins

So, worse of course.

And Don, I don't get your point. Those results were in the Championship, yes, but we are now in League One. Are you trying to tell me we have brought in Championship players here in League One?

We've hardly paid a few for anyone. It's not as if we have snapped up brilliant talent being chased by everyone else.

We are in League One and we have League One players. We have a history of not having winning seasons. MR says there is loads of work to do.

Yet some people seem to think we can have this amazing run all of a sudden and win something like 17+ games in just 33 matches.

As i say, madness. Total madness.

If MR had come in and said we have a great squad here and we should be able to make the top 6 then fine, but he hasn't. He has said there are many, many things wrong at this club and that it is going to take time.

The problems are there for everyone to see.

Some good points Otis.
However did MR not tell TF and his wag that this squad is good enough when he git the job?

Otis

Did he? News to me!

I would say not, cos first thing he did when he came in was get rid of Malaga, and Kilbane and Elliot and Brown have hardly been seen since. He also immediately brought in 4 players straight away too.

I would say he probably said the squad wasn't good enough.

Nick

Administrator
He deffo said we lacked width and pace, but we havent really brought in fast wide players :(

dongonzalos

I thought all the final candidates said the squad was good enough for a promotion charge and each said a slight tweeking of pace was needed via the loan system, but the squad was good enough.

dongonzalos

They all would clearly relish the challenge of helping us return to where a club of our size should be and look forward to the journey.

“Importantly, to a person, all candidates thought that, without doubt, we have a good strong squad more than capable of challenging for promotion - with a small number of tweaks in particular around pace and tempo.

“The candidates equally appreciated the level of budget we have invested in the squad despite relegation. Further trading within the loan window can be expected following the appointment of the new manager.”

Grendel

They all would clearly relish the challenge of helping us return to where a club of our size should be and look forward to the journey.

“Importantly, to a person, all candidates thought that, without doubt, we have a good strong squad more than capable of challenging for promotion - with a small number of tweaks in particular around pace and tempo.

“The candidates equally appreciated the level of budget we have invested in the squad despite relegation. Further trading within the loan window can be expected following the appointment of the new manager.”

Let it go Thorny. Your a useless fat fool that has ruined this club.

Go and destroy someone else's.

Grendel

dongonzalos

He's a Buster Bloodvessel look a like - the only job the useless twat is likely to get.

You really are obsessed aren't you. You could do with a restraining order.

I am saying to all the doom and gloom merchants who say the squad are shocking. That our squad is good enough. A comment supported by all the candidates for the job. I hope they have an idea what they are talking about.

Brighton Sky Blue

I am saying to all the doom and gloom merchants who say are squad are shocking. That our squad is good enough. A comment supported by all the candidates for the job. I hope they have an idea what they are talking about.

This 'good squad' theory is taking another beating tonight. 14 points surrendered from winning positions as it stands.

Grendel

I am saying to all the doom and gloom merchants who say the squad are shocking. That our squad is good enough. A comment supported by all the candidates for the job. I hope they have an idea what they are talking about.

In the company I worked for I was offered an "opportunity" to manage the worst sales region. There was a wage increase up for grabs. At the interview I said all it needed was strong leadership. Soon as I got it I had a review and told my director it was a basket case (which I knew) and I needed a huge increase in variable marketing. I got it.

Robins got 4 new players on day one.

The only difference is privately he was far more honest than me how crap things were.

Grendel

16 wins is 48 points.
13 draws 13 points
4 defeats

72 points sneak in sixth place

16 wins is 48 points.
13 draws 13 points
3 defeats

72 points sneak in sixth place :thinking about::thinking about:

Brighton Sky Blue

16 wins is 48 points.
13 draws 13 points
3 defeats

72 points sneak in sixth place :thinking about::thinking about:

We have now thrown away more points from in front than we have as our league total-what an achievement going into November.

davebart

In the company I worked for I was offered an "opportunity" to manage the worst sales region. There was a wage increase up for grabs. At the interview I said all it needed was strong leadership. Soon as I got it I had a review and told my director it was a basket case (which I knew) and I needed a huge increase in variable marketing. I got it

So how does that relate to Robins situation? How does he hugely increase any budget relevant to him?

Not my idea of strong leadership by the way.

sky_blue_up_north

This season is a wash out, I am really hoping for JPT success, we need to something to pull us out of the deep trough we seem to be in. At the moment I just cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel. We seem to be getting worst not better.

Otis

We'd have been under the cosh if we'd have been drawn against the Metropolitan Police.

Block19

If we don't get promoted (which is very unlikely) and stay up sisu will cut the players budget next season saying we are making a loss and need to save money and the slide will just carry on SOMEONE PLEASE END OUR SUFFERING. It's worse as leicester are top of the championship

Black6Osprey

If we don't get promoted (which is very unlikely) and stay up sisu will cut the players budget next season saying we are making a loss and need to save money and the slide will just carry on SOMEONE PLEASE END OUR SUFFERING.

That pretty much sums it up. The idea we will give it a go next season is just not going to be possible unless Robins can find some freebie cast offs who are happy with a 10p wage, want to play for a lower league 1 outfit, that of course no other club want to take but at the same time they need to be good. Yeah I can't wait to see how that turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread