Hope... Probably more false hope... (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Looked at the actim index, we can lose in the region of 8 more games if we are to get playoffs. 2 more if we want to get automatic promotion very unlikely. As long as we win a lot, we might do something

Otis

Win a lot?

The only thing that registers with this lot here at our club is dog food!

mcullen

We've won two games in the first quarter of the season - I reckon the best we can hope for is the play offs. But I'm praying for 5th from bottom.. ;)

Black6Osprey

Looked at the actim index, we can lose in the region of 8 more games if we are to get playoffs. 2 more if we want to get automatic promotion very unlikely. As long as we win a lot, we might do something

Its not so much how many more we can lose but how many points we need. Most years 75 pts will get you in the frame to sneak 6th but there have been years when 80 has been needed. Lets be optimistic and say we need 2 points per game until the end of the season. 33 games left = 66 points + 11 = 77 points and play offs here we come.

Just the small matter of 2 points per game to overcome and that's win every home game and draw every away game till the end of the season by the way.

We haven't even got to 1 point per game yet so I wouldn't be placing any crazy bets if I were you.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its not so much how many more we can lose but how many points we need. Most years 75 pts will get you in the frame to sneak 6th but there have been years when 80 has been needed. Lets be optimistic and say we need 2 points per game until the end of the season. 33 games left = 66 points + 11 = 77 points and play offs here we come.

Just the small matter of 2 points per game to overcome that's win every home game and draw every away game till the end of the season by the way.

We haven't even got to 1 point per game yet so I wouldn't be placing any crazy bets if I were you.
6th place was 73 points last year

wingy

Win a lot?

The only thing that registers with this lot here at our club is dog food!
I'm pissed off right down to my marobone jelly PAL
Black6Ospreywe're currently falling 0.7 points under the two point hurdle.

Otis

Just the small matter of 2 points per game to overcome and that's win every home ga

me and draw every away game till the end of the season by the way.

66 points out of 33 games? 22 wins out of 33? Not a cat in hell's chance.

This season is about consolidation now. 2 wins in 11 shows we are firefighting at the moment and the manager said himself that this is going to take time.

Besides that, likely in Jan we will lose our best performer and top goal scorer.

Midtable this season would be great.

SkyBlue_Bear83

16 wins is 48 points.
13 draws 13 points
4 defeats

72 points sneak in sixth place
It is possible but sadly we will fall short now I think

I think we will now probably end up around the 65 point mark

15 wins
9 draws
9 losses
54 would be a very good return I reckon from the games left

It really looks like those 4 games when Shaw was in charge is going to cost us

dongonzalos

It is possible but sadly we will fall short now I think

I think we will now probably end up around the 65 point mark

15 wins
9 draws
9 losses
54 would be a very good return I reckon from the games left

It really looks like those 4 games when Shaw was in charge is going to cost us

I hope not, but I know what you mean. I include the 1st defeat under Robins in that as well. So the 5 defeats on the trot.

It is a shame that they did not think a bit more about how they went about the sacking.

Hopefully with a bit of stability now defeats will be rare. Like this last one in a run of 1 defeat in 5.

We need to get that to 1 in six.

Grendel

I hope not, but I know what you mean. I include the 1st defeat under Robins in that as well. So the 5 defeats on the trot.

It is a shame that they did not think a bit more about how they went about the sacking.

Hopefully with a bit of stability now defeats will be rare. Like this last one in a run of 1 defeat in 5.

We need to get that to 1 in six.

Why do you keep going on about the period before the sacking as if this was some Golden Era. We played two of the worst teams in the League and showed relegation form same as we did in the 6 games after that.

No wins = relegation draw or lose.

If we had stuck with the status quo we would be 100% certainties for relegation.

Interestingly looking through some of the posts in the summer you said Thorn would do well to avoid relegation with the squad he had until he made his 5th or 6th signing. Then you said top half was possible. So the summer signings must to you be pivotel in your view we will suceed.

Tell me which of these 9 players will make the difference.

I think with the exception of Fleck we need to get rid of every single one of them.

Grendel

16 wins is 48 points.
13 draws 13 points
4 defeats

72 points sneak in sixth place

We've managed 32 points in our last 33 games so yes I am sure we will.

dongonzalos

Why do you keep going on about the period before the sacking as if this was some Golden Era. We played two of the worst teams in the League and showed relegation form same as we did in the 6 games after that.

No wins = relegation draw or lose.

If we had stuck with the status quo we would be 100% certainties for relegation.

Interestingly looking through some of the posts in the summer you said Thorn would do well to avoid relegation with the squad he had until he made his 5th or 6th signing. Then you said top half was possible. So the summer signings must to you be pivotel in your view we will suceed.

Tell me which of these 9 players will make the difference.

I think with the exception of Fleck we need to get rid of every single one of them.

What did you say would happen with this squad in your posts in the summer...........

Grendel

What did you say would happen with this squad in your posts in the summer...........

As said on the other post seen them play. Which do you think are up to the job?

Black6Osprey

66 points out of 33 games? 22 wins out of 33? Not a cat in hell's chance.

This season is about consolidation now. 2 wins in 11 shows we are firefighting at the moment and the manager said himself that this is going to take time.

Besides that, likely in Jan we will lose our best performer and top goal scorer.

Midtable this season would be great.

Exactly right. No chance in hell. If I was a betting man I wouldn't even be tempted to say we could get above about 14th this season. I think Wingy is right and mid 50 points is where we are heading.

Black6Osprey

I'm pissed off right down to my marobone jelly PAL
Black6Ospreywe're currently falling 0.7 points under the two point hurdle.

Its not even that good. 13 games and 11 pts is 0.85pts per game. We are 1.15 pts below the 2 points hurdle. Okay our current form maybe what you say but unfortunately we cant take the first games back and are having to play catch up and quite frankly aren't.

Otis

Hmmm.

Last 8 seasons by amount of games won all season.

10 wins
19 wins
18 wins
18 wins
20 wins
21 wins
20 wins
18 wins

And now we somehow think we can win 17-22 games with only 33 games left? Not even a full season?

Madness.

Anyone who attends City games can see that there is still a great deal wrong. Still much to do. Still work in progress.

Where on earth is this 'winning' team suddenly going to come from?

Can we still have a decent season? Yes, of course. But a decent season now will be top 12.

Grendel

Yes in those last 8 seasons how many times were we in league one and signed 13 players!

Well we weren't in League one but in 2 of those seasons we signed at least 12 players.

This season we have signed 9 players 8 of which add nothing to the squad. We lose the other 4 in 8 weeks.

Lord_Nampil

Well we weren't in League one but in 2 of those seasons we signed at least 12 players.

This season we have signed 9 players 8 of which add nothing to the squad. We lose the other 4 in 8 weeks.

we haven't signed 9 players we have signed 13! out of the 9 players signed before Robins Fleck, Jennings, Elliott and the Edge look good enough and Ball and McGoldrick are ok up top!

The other 4 look ok too but 2 of them have lacked Match fitness!

I said ages ago January will be a very interesting month for us!

Last edited:

skybluesam66

otis

not going to check your stats, but i dont think we could have done that well

take out last season and in the other 8 you are saying we got 54 -63 points off wins (+ draws) each season

no - I know things havent been that good

Grendel

we haven't signed 9 players we have signed 13! out of the 9 players signed before Robins Fleck, Jennings, Elliott and the Edge look good enough and Ball and McGoldrick are ok up top!

Bailey has to go back tomorrow if they want him and Rekord, Mcgoldrick and Hebderson go back on January 3rd. Mcgoldrick will not be staying.

Grendel

Jennings, Elliott and the Edge look good enough and Ball and McGoldrick are ok up top!

none of them are good enough to average 2 points a game in this league.

davebart

A really good discussion this. well done to all.

I really am surprised if we won all those games over the last 8 years. seemed like we were constantly losing.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but we are still very much in the relegation zone. one defeat and there could be clear daylight between us and the next worst team. I think it is a little early for any optimism for finishing in the top half.

But there are signs of improvement. Lets just enjoy every win.

Lord_Nampil

Bailey has to go back tomorrow if they want him and Rekord, Mcgoldrick and Hebderson go back on January 3rd. Mcgoldrick will not be staying.

To behonest McGoldrick isnt the striker we need, yes he scores goals but hes no use to us when hes roaming about at Left back or Right Back or Center Back or DM etc... Never plays on the last man and always trys to do everything himself even if the pass is on to the player in space! Theres no doubt hes a good player but i dont want my strikers doing that i want my striker in and around the box playing off the last man! a fully fit Cody is that player but we need 2 players like Cody!

Bailey is good, but is he better than Conor Thomas? Bailey has been drafted in while Conor gets fit so i am guessing after Christmas you will see Thomas back in the team and the money for loan players spent else where! Left back is a must though so me must try and keep Rekord!!!

Otis

Those stats are wrong.

The table I was looking at had the total wins and then the wins broken down by home and away and I took the total and added the away wins column on thinking it was just two columns, home and away.

It is actually .....

9 wins

So, worse of course.

And Don, I don't get your point. Those results were in the Championship, yes, but we are now in League One. Are you trying to tell me we have brought in Championship players here in League One?

We've hardly paid a few for anyone. It's not as if we have snapped up brilliant talent being chased by everyone else.

We are in League One and we have League One players. We have a history of not having winning seasons. MR says there is loads of work to do.

Yet some people seem to think we can have this amazing run all of a sudden and win something like 17+ games in just 33 matches.

As i say, madness. Total madness.

If MR had come in and said we have a great squad here and we should be able to make the top 6 then fine, but he hasn't. He has said there are many, many things wrong at this club and that it is going to take time.

The problems are there for everyone to see.

Users who are viewing this thread