Hoooray!!! (1 Viewer)

Otis

The club have done something right at last!!

New side for Sky Blues stable

Coventry City are to have an U21's team next season.

The aim will be to get the prospects from the U18's and those already involved in the first team squad, regular competitive football as a way of preparing them for first team football.

Lee Carsley, who manages City Reserves and is a coach with the U18's will take charge of this new team.

Otis

I think they realise they are going to keep blooding kids. Sounds a good idea to me and much cheaper than buying players in.

Astute

Maybe they are about to sell all of our U21 players and will need to bring the next lot up to speed quick.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think it is all part of the strategy TF was putting forward to the owners and discussed the other day on CWR

Right way to go in my opinion. We cannot afford to buy in players. Yes we will sell some of the youngsters but thats a fact of life. Currently we will find hard to retain all our u18's there is no place for them in the senior squad. Reckon it will be a decent stepping stone into the first team and allow players to get games in their legs at a higher standard.

Under the new rules arent transfer prices limited for academy players ? is this a way round that to maxmise a return for the investment because they will no longer be academy ?

J

Jack Griffin

Looks like they got the budget they were asking for. Good job the team held on for a draw when Sepalla was here on Saturday or I reckon it could have gone the other way!

Like I've said 2 or 3 times, TF used the phrase "our vision for the club" in that CWR interview when he was talking about bringing in youngsters with potential, now isn't that what Jimmy Hill used to have!

I'm getting the feeling Mr Hoffman may not get a look in now.

Lord_Nampil

I do think its interesting news!!!just want to know who they will be playing???

I do think joys appearance may help the club!

Blueandwhites

I'm getting the feeling Mr Hoffman may not get a look in now.[/QUOTE]

ha! Hoffman bid withdrawn owing to.......erm.... emergence of u21 side for next year ; ) Personally, I don't see that happening. Granted, u21 side is almost forward thinking!! This has to be about the only ember of positive news I've heard from the current lot, amongst a mountain of fail.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Does anyone have anymore information.

Are all/most clubs setting up an U21 team for a league?

Is it going to be our team to compete in the reseve league?

Ethier way its good news by allowing players like Bigi and the rest stuck on the bench, get that all inportant match fitness.

Users who are viewing this thread