Honeywell 3 Port Powerhead (1 Viewer)

stupot07

I have absolutely no idea what a honeywell 3 port powerhead is?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Adge

Am I going to regret trying to change this myself...?
No-you can just change the head on most of them if you get the code off the old one. Just a question though-why are you changing it? Heating on when hot water is on and not switching?

NorthernWisdom

No-you can just change the head on most of them if you get the code off the old one. Just a question though-why are you changing it? Heating on when hot water is on and not switching?
Buzzing sound. Done lots of googling and tested what they said, which is turn off hot water last... and buzzing sound does indeed stop. So sounds like the motor is on the way out?

Adge

Buzzing sound. Done lots of googling and tested what they said, which is turn off hot water last... and buzzing sound does indeed stop. So sounds like the motor is on the way out?
Yep. Simple fix-only 5 cables. For a novice just take a couple of photos and make sure the 5 cables go back in the same place obviously.

NorthernWisdom

Yep. Simple fix-only 5 cables. For a novice just take a couple of photos and make sure the 5 cables go back in the same place obviously.
Yeah... the bugger took all eternity to fit the wires back into the same holes they came in. Started 8am, finished now... turns out despite turning off the power that says hot water heater, and testing the wires for current, somehow I could still give myself an electric shock too - which unnerves me going forward, I must admit. At least it wasn't a bad one(!) but may explain why the rest of the power kept tripping when doing it(!)

Anyway, it's now all wired together... I hope(!)

Sbarcher

There is a residual 80v residual voltage in the valve, this must be what gave you the "little kick!"

NorthernWisdom

There is a residual 80v residual voltage in the valve, this must be what gave you the "little kick!"
Even if it's brand new?

If so, that would reassure me immensely that I've actually done it right!

(I suppose I was connecting it and then the bloody wires kept falling out, so enough to charge it up(!) Reassuring then, in its own way(!))

Adge

Yeah... the bugger took all eternity to fit the wires back into the same holes they came in. Started 8am, finished now... turns out despite turning off the power that says hot water heater, and testing the wires for current, somehow I could still give myself an electric shock too - which unnerves me going forward, I must admit. At least it wasn't a bad one(!) but may explain why the rest of the power kept tripping when doing it(!)

Anyway, it's now all wired together... I hope(!)
Maybe should have turned the whole lot of then (at the consumer unit) 😁
Anyway, are you all up and running again?

Users who are viewing this thread