Homeland (1 Viewer)

Season 2 started last week. Has anybody been watching it?

It's not my type of programme usually as I only watch Factual programmes (I think American Chopper falls into this catergory?)

But I am so sucked into this it's untrue. I just can't wait for next Sunday to see what happens.

ajsccfc

It's my favourite show at the moment, to the point that I want it to be next Sunday already.

AngryAnt

I heard the first ep of season two was pretty.. all over the place. Loved season one, hit the nail right on the head (and i found it very ironic that two brits were lead/supporting roles and pulled off the accents super well).

Season two, im going to wait a week or so before i watch so that theres a nice few episodes built up and i can watch them in one go :D

ajsccfc

US TV loves hiring us to play them. Look at The Wire: McNulty, String, Carcetti, even Cool Lester Smooth is an Anglophile.

Otis

Yep. Too far.

Should nail it this season.

Some of it is getting too implausible. i.e. the sending of a text message from inside the US government high security area, where you would have thought personal mobile phones simply wouldn't work and where people would quite clearly spot you.

Brody was the soldier who had been imprisoned. There would have at least been glances in his general direction as the operation was played out.

bamalamafizzfazz

Yep. Too far.

Should nail it this season.

Some of it is getting too implausible. i.e. the sending of a text message from inside the US government high security area, where you would have thought personal mobile phones simply wouldn't work and where people would quite clearly spot you.

Brody was the soldier who had been imprisoned. There would have at least been glances in his general direction as the operation was played out.

Made great TV though. Very tense.

stupot07

Yeah I'm loving Homeland. I know what you mean by some bits being are unbelievable but I'm sure that the text-message/tip off will be integral to the plot going forward.

Otis

Still really like it, don't get me wrong. Just can't see they can sustain all that character secrecy for yet another series.

stupot07

I think they will assassinate Saul when they find out he still had a copy of the SD card before he gets chance to take it in to the CIA.

SPOILER ALERT

Someone does something with someone after having something done to them by someone else. Then Something else happens.

Last edited:

Otis

Are you the sort of bloke who always tells people the endings of books and films by any chance?

lordsummerisle

Still pretty good, but should really have finished with the first series with Brody blowing himself and the cabinet up.

Ratings win everytime over storyline.

ajsccfc

I want to believe it's a contained storyline that they've already got mapped out. That they have Damien Lewis signed for up to seven seasons total suggests they're just making it all up and it'll soon veer into the realms of Lost and 24. Balls.

I want to believe it's a contained storyline that they've already got mapped out. That they have Damien Lewis signed for up to seven seasons total suggests they're just making it all up and it'll soon veer into the realms of Lost and 24. Balls.

If that's true I can guarantee I won't watch the fourth series as I will be bored of it.

Otis

Lost could have been one of the greatest shows of all time, but they blew the chance to make it just 3 series and the whole thing got overblown and quite ridiculous in the end. Think people just kept watching because they wanted to know the ending. Which in the end was a damb squib.

24 lost its impact could there was only so much they could do and each series just became more of the same.

These producers need to look at the likes of Fawlty Towers and The Office learn their lesson. Get in, conquer all, get out again and always leave em wanting more.

ajsccfc

Problem is also with a lot of US shows, if the ratings decline then the shows can be dropped easily without a satisfying conclusion too which would be the worst of all. It was interesting that the makers of The Wire originally wrote under the assumption that they wouldn't be lucky enough to be commissioned more seasons, and that's on HBO which is the more patient side of the US TV landscape.

scroobiustom

I dunno about everyone else but Brody's wife is getting annoying - I hope she soon "disappears" CIA style.

ajsccfc

Yeah, she's turned into a twat this season. Obviously seduced by the first lady-esque lifestyle.

Notice how the son's completely disappeared?

ajsccfc

He's got to be the mole. It's like how they suddenly introduced the second marine with no buildup or backstory in the first season and said 'oh yeah, this guy's been turned too. See ya'. The kid will end up in Al-Qaeda headquarters when the chair swivels round and Bond finds that he's the real mastermind.

ajsccfc

'Do you expect me to talk?'

'No Mr Bond, I expect you to be unrealistically fast-tracked to the vice presidency with next to no suspicion placed upon you even when the man who held you captive escapes death as you watch.'

'Scorpio, you're totally mad'

Otis

Due to Rich and all his spoilers I thought the only way to go was to jump the gun, so am now watching each episode one week in advance.

All I can say is that next week's episode is a corker. Besides that my mouth is zipped.

Not watched last nights yet so you are 2 weeks ahead of me.

Seeing as you are currently in the future, what's the city score next week?

Otis

Thought you had watched last night's.

How come you said last week what happened to Brody in last night's episode then?:thinking about::thinking about:

Ohh and the answer is 3-1.

Users who are viewing this thread