Home Working Thread (5 Viewers)

Grendel

On a serious point it’s very advantageous as you can work your diary around you. So I went to all kids sports days and that sort of stuff. You just can then catch up in the evening. It’s very strange at first and when you get institutionalised to it returning to an office is really hard work

Great_Expectations

Pre this I would WFH twice a week, but even so I’ve noticed the difference being at home five days.

Generally I get more done at home, but as I’m quieter than usual it’s been really difficult not to procrastinate. Having a pregnant partner and 7 month old doesn’t help either - whenever my daughter cries I feel guilty that I’m not helping, so I usually end up using it as an excuse to have a break.

My usual WFH routine was to ‘treat’ myself with a takeaway coffee/snack from somewhere around 11:30 after completing a good few hours of work. That’s not an option now either!

We’re also struggling with VPN issues as over the course of a few days suddenly 85% of staff needed to WFH, and the infrastructure isn’t set up for that. We’re getting there but it’s a real frustration when systems keep crashing.

SBT is a blocked site on our network so I can’t access it on my work laptop, which is probably a good thing. I check it enough on my phone (albeit not as much recently), so if it was on my laptop I’d never be off it!

fellatio_Martinez

I had to make a professional call earlier. One of my cats ran up to my face and squealed so loudly that the person on the other end hung up.

Magic moments.

Users who are viewing this thread