Home Support in League One (1 Viewer)

bluesky88

As well as everything else that's going on with the Sky Blues at the present time another concern will be the potential lack of support at the Ricoh next season.
In the Championship the likes of Leicester, Derby, Notts Forest etc all have an average fan base of over 20K. We managed an average of 13K and next season (League One) with all the uncertainty surrounding us I can see that dropping below 10K.
Teams relegated from the Championship to League One that have bounced back all had massive home support ie Leeds, Sheffield clubs, Norwich, Southampton etc.
10K in the Ricoh next season will be uninspiring to both supporters and players alike.
If the Sky Blues are to get back in the Championship we need to make the Ricoh a fortress BOTH ON AND OFF THE PITCH. :thinking about:
(Sky Blues supporter for 50 years - PUSB)

Paxman II

It's all dependent on the teams form.

Hit the ground running and I see no reason why we can't have a really good 'challenging for promotion' season and with that attendances may well be above what they have been in the Championship.

Fail to be challenging and drifting in mid-table or lower then yes we will be lucky that a hard core base and walk ups give us much more than 8/9k.

So whoever holds the key to a little investment on the pitch must know how crucial this coming season is. We were treading water with the level of investment or lack of it in the Championship but there are no more excuses left now....we can go backwards further or with that slight investment start making strides forwards.

It's a no brainer right? Over to you SISU.

sylus

im going for 6-7000 top...maybe less with sisu and thorn still around....and im being kind...

ccfcway

im going for 6-7000 top...maybe less with sisu and thorn still around....and im being kind...

na, i would say your being realistic

IF we are playing at the RICOH next season, they really need to look to either close one or two stands, or close off the back 20 rows of each stand

canleykid

Also at highfield road with our season tickets we got two games a season where we could take a friend free,they should bring that back also season ticket holders should get in free for johnsons paint games,on the whole I can see eight to nine thousand average pending results if were up there I expect fifteen to sixteen if were average or struggling it'll be eight thou ish I think

AFCCOVENTRY

Invest in new players and then fans will have hope and will be back in force at the Ricoh.

If we have a repeat of last summer then expect the fans to hit SISU hard and gates will drop below 10k.

Up to SISU

Tonylinc

Pax is absolutely right. If we hit the ground running then I can see attendances easily topping those in the Championship. It matters not in which league is playing ONLY that they are winning. If however we struggle in the first few games then I am afraid attendancies will suffer.

pusbccfc

The telegraph will be lucky to be 30% full:facepalm:

stupot07

I think we'll get somewhere between 10-12k, but that may rise to 14/15k is we're in the top 6.

Otis

Agree.

We do well it will be around 15k. You have to bear in mind there will be a number of very small away followings, so 15k would be very, very good. We struggle and it will hover around the 10k mark I think.

Users who are viewing this thread