Home game protest... (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

You lot should be GRATEFUL to SISU for continuing to fund the club at all next year - they are probably planning for sub 1500 attendances at Sixfields and all you can do is rub your hands gleefully about this. I dont know many "greedy hedgefunds" that fund such unsustainable losses year after year . What CCC/ACL is doing is a disgrace now and will be exposed in the JR. We are lucky to still have a club and when all you lot come trickling back whenever we are back in Cov you should be holding the sixfields 1500 in honour for making the sacrifice to keep the club alive when YOU did nothing.
I have never, and would never, claim to be a "Superfan".........But it seems you class yourself as one!

ccfctommy

Or when several thousand Coventry fans descend on the home of franchise football or when several thousand are more than happy to give a greedy hedge fund their cash if a day trip to London is on the table.

He has a point. Can't as people not to go, when we took thousands to MK Franchise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

shmmeee

He has a point. Can't as people not to go, when we took thousands to MK Franchise.

Oh good, it's this argument again, it's been a while!

- Did AFC Wimbledon fans ask us to boycott MK? No.
- Are any other teams boycotting MK? No.
- Did AFC boycott MK? No.
- Is the MK situation at all similar to ours? No.

So why on earth has our attendance got anything to do with anything?

thelookout

You lot should be GRATEFUL to SISU for continuing to fund the club at all next year - they are probably planning for sub 1500 attendances at Sixfields and all you can do is rub your hands gleefully about this. I dont know many "greedy hedgefunds" that fund such unsustainable losses year after year . What CCC/ACL is doing is a disgrace now and will be exposed in the JR.
We are lucky to still have a club and when all you lot come trickling back whenever we are back in Cov you should be holding the sixfields 1500 in honour for making the sacrifice to keep the club alive when YOU did nothing.

What a divisive prat you are.

Im praying for gates of 500 next season to help bring your beloved hedgefund heroes to their knees.

blueflint

You lot should be GRATEFUL to SISU for continuing to fund the club at all next year - they are probably planning for sub 1500 attendances at Sixfields and all you can do is rub your hands gleefully about this. I dont know many "greedy hedgefunds" that fund such unsustainable losses year after year . What CCC/ACL is doing is a disgrace now and will be exposed in the JR.
We are lucky to still have a club and when all you lot come trickling back whenever we are back in Cov you should be holding the sixfields 1500 in honour for making the sacrifice to keep the club alive when YOU did nothing.

can we have proof of that full statement please or do we wait and find out your an idiot just asking

Grendel

Im praying for gates of 500 next season to help bring your beloved hedgefund heroes to their knees.

You couldn't make that post up you really couldn't.

The Gentleman

This question needs some discussion. I'm of the belief we'd be better off debt free in non-league than hanging in in L1 with £40/50/60/70m debt.

You got to think long term, at the moment the club should go bust, the club should've gone bust years ago, well before Sisu. Either we need a proper admin where debts are cancelled/reduced or we need liquidation and start again.

No I fundamentally disagree with that point of view - we could be sent 3 divisions down which is almost into lights out territory. Whilst we are in L1 we should fight to protect that and do everything we can to get back into the Championship - could have been this year without the deduction so is not fantasy. We are more marketable to a non sisu buyout the higher we are.

I agree SISU reneged on the free coach travel. Black mark and we shouldnt let them forget that. However, midweek games were NINE QUID this year so no excuse if you wanted to come I dont think.

Of all the things Sisu have done and you give them a black mark for reneging on the coach travel, good on you though. On a mid week game I could get in from work, get some dinner and dressed and it took me 20 mins to get to the Ricoh so even if it were free, how would I have the time to get to Sixfields?

The Gentleman

of course they are - cant see that happening anytime soon though -SISU have two choices pre JR, continue to fund and play at sixfields OR wind the club up. I for one am glad they are at least taking the former option.

Just two choices? What about accepting the latest rental offer to play at the Ricoh and stop the loses? Is that not a choice which far outweighs playing at Sixfields?

blueflint

When was going to sixfields ever "wrong"? The moral highground on this forum is astounding at times

ever since SISU took us away from coventry going anywhere else was and is wrong when will fools like you realise that coventry means coventry

ccfctommy

Oh good, it's this argument again, it's been a while!

- Did AFC Wimbledon fans ask us to boycott MK? No.
- Are any other teams boycotting MK? No.
- Did AFC boycott MK? No.
- Is the MK situation at all similar to ours? No.

So why on earth has our attendance got anything to do with anything?

Do you not think its a tad hypocritical asking fans of away clubs to boycott our home games when we took shedloads to MK, a franchise club of all teams?

I went to the game BTW.

Grendel

@ Grenduffy.....How's the "Estimated Facts" coming along?............................Well you started it!

1) Sensible and silent majority!!! Lmfao. The " Vast silent majority" are the 10k who refuse to pander to SISU by setting foot in Sixfields

And that's why women earn 75 pence to the pound, thanks Andrea

Are you always this stupid or are you making a special effort today ?

Shouldn't you be in the kitchen ?

U twat Sisu have stripped us dry!!! Can you not see they are loaning money against ccfc's name with high interests hence how we are in such high debt.
I'd rather ccfc be liquidated than have sisu in charge, we'd make faster progress.

I wish I had a lower IQ, so I could enjoy your company.

sisu out

baaaaaaaaaaaaaa

;-)

Who let the scabs out?

My, my what intelligent thought out arguments. Nice to see them attracting lots of likes as well. With debating of this standard we will soon be having our very own addition of Question Time.

Sky Blue Kid

My name is Grenduffy, and my chosen subject is showing "Estimated transfer fees" on a "Football Forum" and hoping the gullible fuckwits accept these as FACTS!......................You really couldn't make this up eh, Grenduffy?

shmmeee

Do you not think its a tad hypocritical asking fans of away clubs to boycott our home games when we took shedloads to MK, a franchise club of all teams?

I went to the game BTW.

Again, not really. I don't see the situations as analogous and even if I did there isn't an active campaign to boycott MK to join.

Were the AFC fans hypocrites?

AndreasB

Of all the things Sisu have done and you give them a black mark for reneging on the coach travel, good on you though. On a mid week game I could get in from work, get some dinner and dressed and it took me 20 mins to get to the Ricoh so even if it were free, how would I have the time to get to Sixfields?

You do what we all do, arrange your week, blag and and bullshit it to leave a bit early that day. take a change of clothes to work, perhaps think about not having your tea at home for once?
Last week I travelled from Milton keynes back to South Warwickshire , picked my lad up from home, back to Sixfields and watched the game. Takes some commitment to be a super scab you know.

Norman Binns

You do what we all do, arrange your week, blag and and bullshit it to leave a bit early that day. take a change of clothes to work, perhaps think about not having your tea at home for once?
Last week I travelled from Milton keynes back to South Warwickshire , picked my lad up from home, back to Sixfields and watched the game. Takes some commitment to be a super scab you know.

I don’t think the penny has quite dropped with you has it? The overwhelming majority of Coventry fans refuse to go to Sixfields on a matter of principle, it’s a simple as that.

Besides, why should fans be inconvenienced and put into the position where they have to significantly alter their lives to fit in with the injudicious and needless decision to re-locate the team? You might be fool enough to accept the situation but most aren’t and shouldn’t be expected to.

Last edited:

AndreasB

I don’t think the penny has quite dropped with you has it? The overwhelming majority of Coventry fans refuse to go to Sixfields on a matter of principle, it’s a simple as that.

Besides, why should fans be inconvenienced and put into the position where they have significantly alter their lives to fit in with the injudicious and needless decision to re-locate the team? You might be fool enough to accept the situation but most aren’t and shouldn’t be expected to.

Because it is something you choose to do - go and watch the game if you want or stay at home if you want but dont bring the "got to have my tea" argument into it as a pathetic excuse not to go - far more honest to say you are not going because you cant be arsed rather than some lazy and half hearted "protest"

Grendel

Besides, why should fans be inconvenienced and put into the position where they have significantly alter their lives to fit in with the injudicious and needless decision to re-locate the team? You might be fool enough to accept the situation but most aren’t and shouldn’t be expected to.

And those who want to attend shouldn't attract criticism from fellow supporters

The Gentleman

I dont know - and neither do you but you have obvioulsy already decided it is.

Did Fisher of Labovitch or one of that lot say that it would be more financially viable to play at the Ricoh under the latest offer, just that they couldn't sign themselves into another tenancy agreement (like the one they signed at Sixfields). Also would the higher turnover due to attendances at the Ricoh help with FFP and therefore mean we could pay more for decent players? However, you saying the club only had two choices was nonsense or are you another one who denies the offer was made?

Astute

And those who don't want to attend shouldn't attract criticism from those who do go. Works both ways.

stupot07

Just two choices? What about accepting the latest rental offer to play at the Ricoh and stop the loses? Is that not a choice which far outweighs playing at Sixfields?

A new rental deal at the Ricoh won't "stop the losses", but will reduce them.

The Gentleman

Nice try WUM.

Astute

Our club would be running at a profit. It is the debts that have been run up and the charges put onto our club that would keep us in the red.

Norman Binns

What a daft statement! Of course they should attract criticism if fellow supporters feel that what they are doing is wrong. It’s all about opinion and free speech. In much the same way as AndreasB feels it’s right to criticise those that don’t go and the way you continually lambast CCC and ACL.

stupot07

Our club would be running at a profit. It is the debts that have been run up and the charges put onto our club that would keep us in the red.

How to you make that out? We lost £7m last season and charges where what..£1.5m?

Last season we had 3 good cup runs, including 2 big pay days (only 1 this season) and sold bigi and keogh for a rumoured £1m each.

I bet we've paid more out settling contracts of sheff, bell and the rest of the bomb squad that we got from clarks sale

Last edited:

The Gentleman

Missed out the words most of. However, I was pointing out that there was more than the two choices AndreasB said because he seemed to forget the rental offer. How much would it reduce them though, slightly or significantly?

The Gentleman

True, but most of the abuse is aimed at those who do attend sixfields

Not anymore, I think there is plenty of abuse banded about on this forum of late but to me seems to be more personal to people rather than the stance that they take. Just out of curiosity, where would you pigeon hole the term AndreasB uses when he calls himself 'Super Scab'. Does that in itself keep something up that most on here have forgot about. From what I read most people on here say upto the individual what they do or where they go.

AndreasB

Not anymore, I think there is plenty of abuse banded about on this forum of late but to me seems to be more personal to people rather than the stance that they take. Just out of curiosity, where would you pigeon hole the term AndreasB uses when he calls himself 'Super Scab'. Does that in itself keep something up that most on here have forgot about. From what I read most people on here say upto the individual what they do or where they go.

Like the N word, I have taken back the ownership of that word from my persecutors and use it proudly.

Astute

How to you make that out? We lost £7m last season and charges where what..£1.5m?

Last season we had 3 good cup runs, including 2 big pay days (only 1 this season) and sold bigi and keogh for a rumoured £1m each.

I bet we've paid more out settling contracts of sheff, bell and the rest of the bomb squad that we got from clarks sale

So what do you think our wage bill is now? Small squad of mainly young players and loans.

Shall call it 0.5m for the use of the Ricoh. 10,000 paying just a tenner each. 100k a game. 2.3m a season. Then there is cup revenue and TV.

And the debt is going up by much more than 1.5m a year. IIRC it is more than that for just the interest payments. Then you have management fees. You can call it just a number but it all goes onto the debt.

And how much of these court costs are going onto the debt?

stupot07

Every chance we could have achieved break even this season ,Turnover circa £6.6M.

That was last season, arsenal and Tottenham, selling keogh and bigi (£1.65m profit - potential include payments for turner/Gunnar for cardiffs promotion?), and JPT cup run, I imagine our turnover would be nearer £5.8-6m this season. Also some of 2012/13 accounts relate to championship - do clubs get a 1 off payment (tv/pl) or are payments made monthly or quarterly

Undoubtably the wage bill has come down, but we would have had to pay off the bomb squad, plus are we still paying off Thorn and carsley, etc? Plus the wage bill includes all staff not just players.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread