Home form (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

First 6 games - 18 points

Remaining 17 games - 17 points

Thoughts on what is behind this awful stat?

skyblue1991

I just think we haven’t been winning as many games as we did. The results ended up as draws or losses instead

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

steve101

I have mentioned it on previous threads but I don't think the pitch preparation helped. There were a couple of games where the pitch looked heavy and yet the sprinklers were on. I can't remember which match it was but Godden missed a chance getting his footwork all wrong, which I think was to do with the slowness of the pitch. I also think as the season progressed injuries and suspensions impacted. Although this could be said for away games too, maybe the intensity at home is more affected?
The other aspect is we started playing better teams and tactically better managers had effective game plans for our style.

as13

I don't know if it was the pitch that played a part, it's gone from the newly laid tarmac to the pot holed roads, or there wasn't enough stoppage time in the latter games to score another.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

The pitch is still shite.

I thought they were relaying it this summer but there are a few events on so I don’t know when they’ll have the time.

Grendel

I have mentioned it on previous threads but I don't think the pitch preparation helped. There were a couple of games where the pitch looked heavy and yet the sprinklers were on. I can't remember which match it was but Godden missed a chance getting his footwork all wrong, which I think was to do with the slowness of the pitch. I also think as the season progressed injuries and suspensions impacted. Although this could be said for away games too, maybe the intensity at home is more affected?
The other aspect is we started playing better teams and tactically better managers had effective game plans for our style.

weve beaten Fulham Sheffield United and Forest at home

We have failed to beat giants like Hull Preston and Birmingham

rob9872

There's an echo in here

steve101

weve beaten Fulham Sheffield United and Forest at home

We have failed to beat giants like Hull Preston and Birmingham
True, however our early season run of home victories included Peterborough, Reading and Cardiff. Forest were dire at the beginning of the season and Middlesbrough were not doing well either.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just a theory but we went pretty high intensity in that first dozen games. With a small squad did we perhaps use up most of our energy in that spell like someone sprinting in the first lap of a 1500 metre race? We then switched to slower tempo play but didn’t have the technical nous to break teams down while daft mistakes at the back crept in more often.

The way we played in that run was very effective-but to last over a 46 game season you need multiple players per position who can pull it off.

pusbccfc

Agreed with the pitch.

Better last few weeks but it was horredous during winter.

While the atmosphere is immense, I think we could be a little more intimidating. The telegraph stand being fuller is good but it's silent.

I'd close the corner between the Telegraph and East Stand next season to fill it out behind the goal. Particularly when we are shooting that way in the second half.

The reason for the form is mostly down to how teams play when they come to town. Sit back and punish us on the counter.

Frostie

I think we look our best when we press high & hit on the counter attack which suits itself well to playing away from home. Not many teams come to the CBS & try to play an expansive style against us & we struggle to break down teams that are well organised in a defensive low block.

Fulham & Sheff Utd here are good examples of teams that wanted to come & exert their style on us & in doing so left themselves exposed to our strengths.

CDK

Think coaches of opposing sides just worked us out and we didn't react because no depth to chang formations on our bench,we could have done with a maverick talent like the bright of a couple of years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread