Home attendances (2 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

I didnt go because the kids have school the next day, and my cousin who attends with us was working till gone 7.

Wasnt going on my own. Sure there were a lot the same

100 miles from Cov.

I bought my ticket (£30) when it was going to be a Saturday 3pm kick off. Then obviously we had the cup run change that. I didn’t go as I didn’t fancy getting back after midnight and spending around £35 on fuel. I could have got a refund on the ticket when the date was changed but decided to leave the money with the club. Sat at home with a few beers and watched the dross on tv instead.

coop

Hopefully we will get a big crowd Saturday give the last a good send off and hoping for a good display to get crowd going.

bigfatronssba

I didnt go because the kids have school the next day, and my cousin who attends with us was working till gone 7.

I don’t think you need to justify yourself to random people on here to be honest.

Flying Fokker

I bought my ticket (£30) when it was going to be a Saturday 3pm kick off. Then obviously we had the cup run change that. I didn’t go as I didn’t fancy getting back after midnight and spending around £35 on fuel. I could have got a refund on the ticket when the date was changed but decided to leave the money with the club. Sat at home with a few beers and watched the dross on tv instead.
It wasn’t dross. Best you weren’t there? Some players had bad games against a very good team.

Flying Fokker

Well it’s the same old thing with Cov fans, only turn up in numbers when it’s going well. I am not knocking anyone who was in the stadium but the apathy from people who bought tickets and didn’t turn up is why the clubs never been anywhere.

If the club is changing the fans need to change.
Or not. It’s the customer base and is likely to drop. We had less than half of our fixtures on weekends. They pay the money, they choose when they will go. Even in the sixties there were crowds of 40 followed by just over 20k. Sort of proved your point.

The fans, even the fantastic travelling support have been commendable these past few weeks. No wonder fans are ‘flat’.

pusbccfc

Current average of 25,302. 2 years ago, that would have been the third highest. If you go back to our Championship relegation season in 2012, that would have been the 4th highest above Leeds and Leicester.

It will increase after Saturday. I believe QPR have sold out and the sales are looking good on Saturday.

bigfatronssba

Current average of 25,302. 2 years ago, that would have been the third highest. If you go back to our Championship relegation season in 2012, that would have been the 4th highest above Leeds and Leicester.

It will increase after Saturday. I believe QPR have sold out and the sales are looking good on Saturday.

If QPR have sold out we should be looking at 29k-30k

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Or not. It’s the customer base and is likely to drop. We had less than half of our fixtures on weekends. They pay the money, they choose when they will go. Even in the sixties there were crowds of 40 followed by just over 20k. Sort of proved your point.

The fans, even the fantastic travelling support have been commendable these past few weeks. No wonder fans are ‘flat’.
I have a season ticket and couldn't go . I've missed around 7 home games this season , mostly due to matches being moved from Saturday to midweek which I find difficult. Really not sure about renewing next season due to being pissed about . It's bloody annoying .
I was able to watch last night's match on telly and from what I saw there were more like 23,000 actually in attendance rather than 26,000.
The north and south stands looked pretty sparse. A lot of season ticket holders , like me, just aren't turning up.

shmmeee

I hope you’ve told your kids they’re killing the club and everything wrong with the modern game.

Evo1883

We should be proud of the upturn in attendances as a club , I know some like to have a giggle about empty seats but fact is we are currently the best supported club in the west midlands outside the Premier league

Btw , Saturday is almost sold out

Ricketts

I have a season ticket and couldn't go . I've missed around 7 home games this season , mostly due to matches being moved from Saturday to midweek which I find difficult. Really not sure about renewing next season due to being pissed about . It's bloody annoying .
I was able to watch last night's match on telly and from what I saw there were more like 23,000 actually in attendance rather than 26,000.
The north and south stands looked pretty sparse. A lot of season ticket holders , like me, just aren't turning up.
And on that subjuct why the fuck is it a 12:30 kickoff for everyone. Bloody TV again. Should be 3:00. Its killing traditional lifestyles

bigfatronssba

And on that subjuct why the fuck is it a 12:30 kickoff for everyone. Bloody TV again. Should be 3:00. Its killing traditional lifestyles

It’s so they can televise some of the games

Flying Fokker

So, QPR sold out their allocation. 27/28k easily possible based on the current available tickets.

cstring82

I recall going to watch us vs Burton in the League Cup (I think) and it was a few thousand at best, since I’ve renewed my season ticket (3 years ago) with my son being new. We are getting there with attendances, the moving of games mess a lot around, I’ve missed a couple due to pre-planned trips away but will be renewing my season ticket.

People should be more positive, people are joining other fans, renewing season tickets etc. and we’re getting the younger fans in.

Things for the kids are there, food and drink is much better.

Away games are just as good fun.

pusbccfc

We should be proud of the upturn in attendances as a club , I know some like to have a giggle about empty seats but fact is we are currently the best supported club in the west midlands outside the Premier league

Btw , Saturday is almost sold out

And yet West Brom and Birmingham fans seem to be the most vocal slating our support.

Jarvo87

^ this applies to me. Midweek matches are very tough to make due to business/travel commitments and this season has been very annoying from that point of view. Moving weekend matches around doesn’t help much either.

Will though renew ST’s for next season, already knowing that daughter and I will probably miss 25-30% of home games…..

Mucca Mad Boys

I recall going to watch us vs Burton in the League Cup (I think) and it was a few thousand at best, since I’ve renewed my season ticket (3 years ago) with my son being new. We are getting there with attendances, the moving of games mess a lot around, I’ve missed a couple due to pre-planned trips away but will be renewing my season ticket.

People should be more positive, people are joining other fans, renewing season tickets etc. and we’re getting the younger fans in.

Things for the kids are there, food and drink is much better.

Away games are just as good fun.
This side of the new year, 3 or 4 of our home games were rearranged because of the FA Cup run.

I understand the frustration when games are rearranged to the midweek games, but not to early/late KO at the weekends (and Friday night) really.

Again, if you’re ‘outraged’ that FA Cup replays and the ‘magic’ of the FA Cup is being tarnished… You shouldn’t be moaning at midweek fixtures that are a consequence of an FA Cup run.

Irish Sky Blue

I remember going to the League Cup tie at Norwich a few years ago, the 6-1 defeat, and thinking how different the atmosphere was both inside and outside their ground compared to ours. Carrow Road was busy and vibrant whereas the Ricoh was like a graveyard.
Match day at the CBS is now an occasion. We feel like a real football club again. Inside and outside the ground the atmosphere is better than that evening fixture in Norwich, something I’d hope would happen but couldn’t really see coming to fruition.
I also thought it telling that after 3 home defeats in a row, so many of our fans stayed to clap the players off yesterday, maybe 1/3 or 2/5 of the home attendance? That’s a big contrast to Blackburn last week where their players trudged around virtually empty home stands. I think this shows that most fans believe that we are still on an upward trajectory.
The reason for this fantastic turnaround is Mark Robins. I don’t think any of this would be happening if he hadn’t returned.

Brighton Sky Blue

I remember going to the League Cup tie at Norwich a few years ago, the 6-1 defeat, and thinking how different the atmosphere was both inside and outside their ground compared to ours. Carrow Road was busy and vibrant whereas the Ricoh was like a graveyard.
Match day at the CBS is now an occasion. We feel like a real football club again. Inside and outside the ground the atmosphere is better than that evening fixture in Norwich, something I’d hope would happen but couldn’t really see coming to fruition.
I also thought it telling that after 3 home defeats in a row, so many of our fans stayed to clap the players off yesterday, maybe 1/3 or 2/5 of the home attendance? That’s a big contrast to Blackburn last week where their players trudged around virtually empty home stands. I think this shows that most fans believe that we are still on an upward trajectory.
The reason for this fantastic turnaround is Mark Robins. I don’t think any of this would be happening if he hadn’t returned.
From my perspective, a fair bit of that is down to how many kids are now going and aren't that bothered by the result, they have their favourite players and want to clap them off or see them for a bit longer so the parents will stay too. Which is undoubtedly a good thing

Evo1883

This site has given an amazing chart for our average home support minus away fans 20240505_204122.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread