Home attendances (1 Viewer)

napolimp

We’re rightfully getting ripped to shit on social media for how many empty seats there were tonight. Can’t bang on about how great our support is and then have a turnout like that.

The seats had sold though, so who cares? Some people just couldn't attend for whatever reason.

alexccfc99

We’re rightfully getting ripped to shit on social media for how many empty seats there were tonight. Can’t bang on about how great our support is and then have a turnout like that.
We’d get ripped to shit regardless

Funny how people fail to mention that any season pre last season Ipswich wouldn’t have even mustered over 500 fans to come up to our place on a Monday night yet alone be demanding the whole end, but slagging off Ipswich fans on X don’t seem to get the same amount of interactions as it does our fans

bigfatronssba

Turnout like what? 26k?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We’re rightfully getting ripped to shit on social media for how many empty seats there were tonight..
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

must be showing my age - but why are people so fixated on what other fans say on social media?

pusbccfc

Still 26,000.

The issue isn't the crowd, it's main stand. Why they can't fill it I'll never know. Even when it's sold out it's empty.

We should have given Ipswich 4500.

bigfatronssba

Still 26,000.

The issue isn't the crowd, it's main stand. Why they can't fill it I'll never know. Even when it's sold out it's empty.

I still can’t fathom as to why you’d want to watch 4500 Ipswich fans celebrating beating us and getting promoted

hamertime

Well it’s the same old thing with Cov fans, only turn up in numbers when it’s going well. I am not knocking anyone who was in the stadium but the apathy from people who bought tickets and didn’t turn up is why the clubs never been anywhere.

If the club is changing the fans need to change.

SeaSeeEffCee

Turnout like what? 26k?
Still 26,000.

If you believe that that was 26k there last night then I’ve got a nice beachfront property to sell you in Tile Hill.

The place was half empty, it was embarrassing. I sit in the east stand and had 6 empty seats right in front of me and 4 to my left. We like to give it the biggun about having class support but when things aren’t going well people simply don’t turn up.

SonofErnie

This was one of the games people used to get their points topped up. No shows were always going to be much higher once there was nothing left to play for.

shmmeee

I made the late decision not to go, knew we would lose, had no inclination to fight traffic and cold to watch Ipswich celebrate and us be crap.

Not one regret.

pusbccfc

If you believe that that was 26k there last night then I’ve got a nice beachfront property to sell you in Tile Hill.

The place was half empty, it was embarrassing. I sit in the east stand and had 6 empty seats right in front of me and 4 to my left. We like to give it the biggun about having class support but when things aren’t going well people simply don’t turn up.

Still 26k tickets sold.

It's no different to any club. It's never going to be rocking in a game like last night.

hamertime

I made the late decision not to go, knew we would lose, had no inclination to fight traffic and cold to watch Ipswich celebrate and us be crap.

Not one regret.
Fairplay for admitting it, that kind of mentality sucks the life out of a football club and Fanbase.

The collapse all started from Birmingham away, I couldn’t believe how flat our fans were there. The players need us to feed off because the quality isn’t quite there yet in the squad. It’s ultimately not the fans fault but if you want a big ourselves up saying we’re the best fans in the country it could be further from the truth

shmmeee

Fairplay for admitting it, that kind of mentality sucks the life out of a football club and Fanbase.

The collapse all started from Birmingham away, I couldn’t believe how flat our fans were there. The players need us to feed off because the quality isn’t quite there yet in the squad. It’s ultimately not the fans fault but if you want a big ourselves up saying we’re the best fans in the country it could be further from the truth

Probably. I’ve done my time over the years and stayed to clap off teams that have just been soundly beaten, and I’ve never left early to get a shit pint in, so we can all play “I’m a better fan than you”

Fact is everyone was distracted before Man Utd and done and ready for summer after. Fans, media, players, manager.

hamertime

Probably. I’ve done my time over the years and stayed to clap off teams that have just been soundly beaten, and I’ve never left early to get a shit pint in, so we can all play “I’m a better fan than you”

Fact is everyone was distracted before Man Utd and done and ready for summer after. Fans, media, players, manager.
Speak for yourself. Real leaders in the dressing room wouldn’t have allowed that to happen, was a catastrophe letting McFadz and Lawrence go.

We need to sign a ready made captain this closed season.

shmmeee

Speak for yourself. Real leaders in the dressing room wouldn’t have allowed that to happen, was a catastrophe letting McFadz and Lawrence go.

Agree. But they didn’t and it did. So here we are on the beach.

Hobo

They both wanted to leave.

bigfatronssba

I’m not sure why you expect people with kids to drag themselves along to a pointless game, on a school night, that’s on Sky anyway.
People aren’t going to want to keep their young kids up past 11pm for a nothing game.

The official attendance was 26k. I couldn’t give a piss frigg how it looks to twitter trolls (half of whom can only dream of a crowd like that anyway).

Hertsccfc

I still can’t fathom as to why you’d want to watch 4500 Ipswich fans celebrating beating us and getting promoted
Because we would have made money from it.

I can’t fathom why you want to see a mainly empty South Stand when there are literally thousands of people who would have happily paid to be there at £37 a head.

You keep banging on about the sacred model and how everything must be done for the long term future of the club, yet you are happy to throw away money because you don't like to see another team's fans enjoy a match that virtually secures their promotion. You are so full of contradictions.

Reactions: SBT

skybluecam

Because we would have made money from it.

I can’t fathom why you want to see a mainly empty South Stand when there are literally thousands of people who would have happily paid to be there at £37 a head.

You keep banging on about the sacred model and how everything must be done for the long term future of the club, yet you are happy to throw away money because you don't like to see another team's fans enjoy a match that virtually secures their promotion. You are so full of contradictions.
£30 a head

If DK is serious about the 5 year plan then having the south stand permanently open to home fans is the logical thing to do, for many reasons.

shmmeee

Well yes, you said he was on strike. He isn’t.

“Quiet quitting” use whatever euphemism you like. He’s putting so little in he’s effectively not available.

Him and Kitching I blame far more for how this season has turned out than Latibeaudiere or Dasilva. When your big money signing and your supposed star player stop performing to where they can’t even get in the side, that impacts far more than the person who has to step in.

He showed when he could be arsed that he could move us to serious contenders with his contributions. Then when Jan came and went and he was still here he decided he doesn’t want to risk a big move in the summer and now he comes on when Kasey Palmer is tired. So he’s not only cost us a fee, but stopped us replacing him effectively for half a season. Fuck him.

Hertsccfc

£30 a head

If DK is serious about the 5 year plan then having the south stand permanently open to home fans is the logical thing to do, for many reasons.
There was no chance of it being full of home fans last night. If DK wants it to happen next year he has to ensure a squad of sufficient depth.

Brylowes

Well it’s the same old thing with Cov fans, only turn up in numbers when it’s going well. I am not knocking anyone who was in the stadium but the apathy from people who bought tickets and didn’t turn up is why the clubs never been anywhere.

If the club is changing the fans need to change.
The fan base has changed massively, a dead rubber game ‘such as last night’ we’d have struggled to break 12000 just 4 or 5 years ago.

Flying Fokker

I know quite a few ST holders who didn’t go yesterday because they couldn’t be arsed. Yesterday proved to me we have a mediocre fan base
There are many good reasons to cut fans and their children some slack.

One commendable effort last night was an elderly man, walking independently on crutches, making his way up to the stands.

Users who are viewing this thread