Home attendances (1 Viewer)

Boicey

We’ve had record season tickets the last 3 seasons. You cannot say we wouldn’t have made the play offs, you don’t know if Gyokeres would have been sold.

the fact is we started with 3k as a full attendance when NOPM started - before last season started we had 18k season ticket holders, this was before any play off charge or Gyokeres magic

NOPM was nothing more than an excuse not to go - as soon as the club started getting back to its feet, people slinked back as predicted. Up until this season SISU presided over record season ticket sales
What a load of bollocks. None of my family went up because they weren’t going to give Sisu their money while destroying us. They’re back now.

pusbccfc

I really dislike the 3 stand feel of the CBS. Always a poor design which loses atmosphere.

In what way? Same at most grounds where away fans are given an entire end?

Flying Fokker

Yes, happily surprised with attendances. Maybe the game itself has grown in terms of popularity and exposure. It’s strange to think we had years and years of what would now be Premier League football and drew in 10-15,000 late seventies early eighties, and all through the eighties to be honest.
The small matter of recessions, poor football and other things. The decline in football crowds was not unusual in times of recession. Add to that the ‘SISU’ debacle and it explains why crowds were down in their tenure. Under the Richardson era the attendances were in decline a short period after the Ricoh was opened. Rubbish product on the pitch.

But….For saying we (As cash-strapped fans) are supposed to be struggling to make ends meet, this current enthusiasm for our club is surprising. Just keeping those fans may be hard due to already cited costs outside the game. If we do not go up this season.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

What a load of bollocks. None of my family went up because they weren’t going to give Sisu their money while destroying us. They’re back now.
We had 40k at Wembley twice. Majority of fans were willing to give their money to SISU when the times were good. The attendances went up in line with the leagues and when we had success.

fair play to your family to sticking to their guns in the checkatrade trophy final and league two play off final though.

majority were like that geezer who did a hunger strike until they returned from Northampton (during match day hours)

pusbccfc

Most? Very few give the entire end. I can only think of 6. Preston. Blackburn, Bristol, Millwall, Rotherham & QPR

Swansea and Sheff Wednesday are another two. Plymouth give you the majority of the end.

Hull previously did, as did Stoke before they added the corner.

Now we are nearly filling the place, pressure will be on to allow home fans into the South Stand like we did for the Middlesbrough game.

Ash

Weren’t the powers that be supposed to be taking a selection of supporters up to the south east segregation to explain the issues up there?

CV22SBA

Swansea and Sheff Wednesday are another two. Plymouth give you the majority of the end.

Hull previously did, as did Stoke before they added the corner.

Now we are nearly filling the place, pressure will be on to allow home fans into the South Stand like we did for the Middlesbrough game.
The club have made a massive mistake giving Sheff Wed block 11 on Boxing Day. Hardly any seats left now apart from the top of block 26. Blocks 4 & 5 the only ones not open but they hardly have any seats anyway.

Hutch11

Worryingly I'm coming round to the idea.

Coventry's home atmosphere was superb last night, even with loads of gaps in the seats. Quality over quantity.

Obviously they raise it because it's Blues and they are desperate to have a rivalry but still, it was really good.

I'm starting to think we need to ditch the superiority complex about catchy songs, drums and manufactured atmosphere at home.

It's dreadful and I'd rather be a part of that Cov atmosphere than our current one a thousand times

Off the brum forum , they were discussing the drum

WestEndAgro

How long before we have a "Ultras Section" probably when the safe standing appears.

rob9872

Worryingly I'm coming round to the idea.

Coventry's home atmosphere was superb last night, even with loads of gaps in the seats. Quality over quantity.

Obviously they raise it because it's Blues and they are desperate to have a rivalry but still, it was really good.

I'm starting to think we need to ditch the superiority complex about catchy songs, drums and manufactured atmosphere at home.

It's dreadful and I'd rather be a part of that Cov atmosphere than our current one a thousand times

Off the brum forum , they were discussing the drum
Even in a positive post they have to be a bit salty 'they are desperate to have a rivalry' - could any City fan literally give 2 feks about them?

Adge

I said before all tickets should be released from the off.The way it's done people like yourself either buy separate ticket or don't bother going at all.If possible go back to the club and ask them to help you out.People who don't have a season ticket for whatever reason (pricewise and this sort of thing) get treated terrible.Hope you all enjoy the game.
Yeah might well do that. We’ve got season tickets but daughters are coming home for Christmas etc-won’t be impressed when I tell them they are all separate! 🥹

Greggs

I wonder how many 1/2 season tickets the Town will sell over the next couple of weeks?

Hobo

Great to see , really is

some of us remember 7000 in league 2 , remarkable how much we've changed as a club

at the moment on course for the highest average since 1973 , 50 years View attachment 32730

Some of us remember 14,000 when we were in the top division.

pusbccfc

How long before we have a "Ultras Section" probably when the safe standing appears.

No chance.

We've had that corner in place for 15 years and it's never once come close to being an ultra section.

We've always had a drum, before most sides, and that's it. Not tifos etc.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No chance.

We've had that corner in place for 15 years and it's never once come close to being an ultra section.

We've always had a drum, before most sides, and that's it. Not tifos etc.

Safe standing would help, but it's tinpot to be a club our size and have half a corner like we do at the moment.

We could easily have a hard-core section behind one whole goal, but the problem seems to be making that close to the away fans.

pusbccfc

Safe standing would help, but it's tinpot to be a club our size and have half a corner like we do at the moment.

We could easily have a hard-core section behind one whole goal, but the problem seems to be making that close to the away fans.

Why is it tinpot? Loads of clubs have corner/smaller sections.

It wouldn't be anywhere near as loud if it was at the other end of the stadium to the away fans.

The ideal scenario will be when they sort out the South Stand to allow home fans in.

Users who are viewing this thread