Home and Away (1 Viewer)

nicksig

Since Boxing Day our home form in the league has been great:

Bristol City W 1-0
Brighton W 2-0
Mboro W 3-1
Ipswich L 2-3 (should have got something from this game)
Leeds W 2-1
Barnsley W 1-0

That's 15 points from a possible 18. Question is how to translate these home results into points away from home. Is it tactics? Lack of self-belief? Any ideas?

Otis

Think tactics does play a part in all this, but it has now go to the stage where the mentality of the players is that they don't think they can win.

I think we need a completely different approach to away games. Let's just try something different and work on a few different things in training so we can maybe catch the opposition on the hop.

kg82

Think tactics does play a part in all this, but it has now go to the stage where the mentality of the players is that they don't think they can win.

I think we need a completely different approach to away games. Let's just try something different and work on a few different things in training so we can maybe catch the opposition on the hop.

I'd go with that, definitely. Nothing to lose really is there - you don't win, there's no difference.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Thought this thread was about an Australian Soap Opera! :whistle:

oakey

Tell the players it's a home match
Get them to report to the Ricoh at normal time
Blindfold & headphone them all
Tell them they are being placed in a "coffin" like new fangled muscle relaxer
Put them into coffin-like objects
Whisk them to the away game in helicopters
Decorate the away dressing room to look like home
Send them out, telling them the Ricoh has undergone some redevelopment...

Tell them at half time they walk home if they don't win
:D

canleykid

otis I think your spot on mate I'm thinking maybe defend and maybe even try and play the full 90 mins and one final thing maybe try and use your subs to our advantage that's just a few things I would like to see away from home

rob9872

Probably everyone pointing out their terrible away record makes them nervous

WillieStanley

Remember "mini-Coventry"?

I think AB introduced it. Where we'd turn up to a ground and make it our own. I always liked the idea of that.

nicksig

I'd like to see them go ultra-aggressive. Stick Cameron in front of the back four in a kind of Ledley King role, play McSheffrey, Platt and Cody up front, put Bell on the wing and tell the midfield to bomb on when possible. We'd probably lose 7-3 but it at least it would be worth watching

Users who are viewing this thread