Holidays abroad (1 Viewer)

pipkin73

If any of you are thinking of going on holiday in August, just overheard the entertainment guy at apartments eden out here saying they are looking at cutting prices to 50€ a night. It's a really nice hotel 4 star I think. Might be a bargain to be had, keep an eye on it.

pipkin73

It's in Spanish but google translate will work with no add blocker Canarias, la primera comunidad que cubrirá los gastos de los turistas por cuarentena.

The Canary Islands are so sure we are a safe place to visit that if you come here and catch the virus the Canary Islands will pay for your treatment including hospitalization, extended accommodation etc. Hotels, bars etc slashing prices, if you can get away then it's going to be a cheap holiday in the sun. Some bars dropping prices down to 1€ a pint on wednesdays others 1.50€ all day every day. Just advertised for 1 bar, 1.50€ a pint with live music, others have dropped prices but cancelled shows as can't afford to pay them at that price.

skyblue1991

Personally I think you are mad to travel abroad in this current climate.

As we have seen in Spain, the rules can change in a matter of hours. Also what's a holiday if you have to wear a mask to the beach, in bars etc...

Better off waiting 12 months for me.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

As we have seen in Spain, the rules can change in a matter of hours. Also what's a holiday if you have to wear a mask to the beach, in bars etc...

I’m currently in Sicily, it’s lovely 😎
...apart from the lack of people wearing masks in shops.

Covkid1968#

Off to Greece in a few weeks. Go to the same island each year once I feel bush year end at work. They have had zero cases on the time by island I go to but I’m still going to avoid the busy parts. The risky bit is the flight to Athens and then the ferry from there.

pipkin73

You don't have to wear a face mask on the beach or in bars. Only to go to the toilet and if going up to the bar to get served. Only mandatory in shops , supermarkets and public transport. Otherwise, keep 1.5m apart and you don't need one.

It’sabatch87

You don't have to wear a face mask on the beach or in bars. Only to go to the toilet and if going up to the bar to get served. Only mandatory in shops , supermarkets and public transport. Otherwise, keep 1.5m apart and you don't need one.
Off to playa de las americas last week in September fingers crossed all ok for then.
Been watching the MacMaster on YouTube in Tenerife looks fine to me!!

Brighton Sky Blue

Off to Greece in a few weeks. Go to the same island each year once I feel bush year end at work. They have had zero cases on the time by island I go to but I’m still going to avoid the busy parts. The risky bit is the flight to Athens and then the ferry from there.

Going to Crete on Tuesday to one of the small towns on the coast. Considering that school will be insane in September we want at least some kind of escape before it kicks off again. There is a slim possibility of ending up in a quarantine hotel for a few weeks mind.

Covkid1968#

Going to Crete on Tuesday to one of the small towns on the coast. Considering that school will be insane in September we want at least some kind of escape before it kicks off again. There is a slim possibility of ending up in a quarantine hotel for a few weeks mind.
yep - I know what you mean...students all back in September and there's no peace and quiet for me then...and Im not on the front line

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Just heading back from Turkey, thought it wouldn’t happen for months, was a great break, masks etc in shops like back home. Place was pretty empty with plenty of distancing due to a lack of numbers in the areas that would be busy normally, most bars/Restaurants are all outside table wise which is different to the UK.
I know it was a bit of a bubble and can give a false impression/scenario and it was a worry was that it could get quarantined whilst we were away.
All locals wearing masks in shops and many whilst walking around.
Feel lucky to have got away as planned when we booked last year but understand nervousness in travel right now

Brighton Sky Blue

Just landed in Crete. Plane was packed full so what difference a mask makes I don’t know but glad to finally be here.

CJ_covblaze

We’ve booked Jamaica for the last two weeks of January. If it gets cancelled it’s no big deal. Just means we’ve already paid for the next holiday. When we booked there were so many in the store frothing at the mouth that they haven’t had their money back. Don’t get the point it requesting a refund really. Might as well get a voucher. It helps the company to be there for the future and secures jobs. We’ve finally decided to sack off the trip to Iceland in a few weeks. Pretty clear we won’t get in the ground and on arrival if any of our group have a positive test we’d end up having to book a flight back at short notice.

skyblueusername

We’ve booked Jamaica for the last two weeks of January. If it gets cancelled it’s no big deal. Just means we’ve already paid for the next holiday. When we booked there were so many in the store frothing at the mouth that they haven’t had their money back. Don’t get the point it requesting a refund really. Might as well get a voucher. It helps the company to be there for the future and secures jobs. We’ve finally decided to sack off the trip to Iceland in a few weeks. Pretty clear we won’t get in the ground and on arrival if any of our group have a positive test we’d end up having to book a flight back at short notice.
tenor.gif

CJ_covblaze

Well maybe some of those people frothing at the mouth aren't in the same financial situation as yourself.

But the money has already been spent. If they’d gone on the holiday they wouldn’t have had it. I was expecting a few but not a queue that long!

CJ_covblaze

Users who are viewing this thread