Holiday thread (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Anyone booked one yet ?

I‘m not this year but am trying to convince the boss that we should book for next summer

Grendel

Anyone booked one yet ?

I‘m not this year but am trying to convince the boss that we should book for next summer

Been on three in the last Two months in the U.K. - won’t think about foreign travel tbh

Jamiepwns

Got Turkey booked for October. We booked it last year before the new traffic light thing was announced.

Had three cancelled last year so I'm remaining hopeful.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m gonna work nights through the summer and book for abroad next year, should of gone to New York last year . Would fancy America again but not sure if we will be able to by next year

Marty

Nothing booked as of yet, still hoping to visit Rio in December but looking unlikely, might just save the money for next year. Got a few days planned out.

LastGarrison

I’m crossing my fingers that they expand the green list and/or allow double jabbed people to not have to self isolate in return from an amber country.

If so then I will happily jump on a plane at the end of July when I’ve got a week off.

Managed to get away to Corfu for 4 nights last October, when cases and deaths were extremely high, and it was the best thing I could have done. Both mentally and physically.

I have absolutely no qualms of jumping on a plane with the situation as it is.

Reactions: vow

Saddlebrains

Dorset for 4 nights end of July with the kids and a few days out in the summer holidays but thats about it

shmmeee

Taking the kids to Woolacombe camping. Normally do a caravan with the money I get from marking exams but that’s not been on the last couple of years so the great outdoors it is.

Macca1987

Just come back from a week in a log cabin by Cheddar Gorge, picked the perfect week for the weather. Nothing for the rest of the year as moving house, but hoping to get to Bali next June if open

SBAndy

Heading to Cornwall for a week in late July. Never been before and looking forward to it.

fernandopartridge

Went to Anglesey a couple of weeks ago for a week. Loved it, lovely place. I have booked to go abroad next year but considering sacking it off and holidaying domestically again.

Terry Gibson's perm

Booked our summer holiday for February next year at Centre Parcs. It was really hard to get any time off in the summer as we can only have two staff out of twelve off at a time and somebody was allowed to book three weeks.

B-Ban-Boogie

Off to the Dom Rep for 5 days (all inclusive) then fly from there to 5 days in Puerto Rico in August.
Can't wait to sit around and do nothing the whole time.

SBT

Currently in Cornwall and it’s absolute mayhem in the tourist towns - a lot of restaurants are struggling to stay open between their inability to find temporary staff, and their permanent staff having to isolate due to COVID outbreaks.

It’s bloody beautiful on the beach though.

LastGarrison

My son lives in Leek. It's a nice little market town with the Peak District a 10 minute drive away, Buxton and Ashbourne 20 minutes away,
The Missus’ family are staying on a campsite in Hartington and Leek was the nearest place we could get a hotel to visit them.

I have to admit I prejudged it and thought it was going to be a shithole. Obviously not.

It’sabatch87

I had a week in Costa del Cov the other week.
Good weather cheap beers out and plenty of late night takeaways who needs Tenerife?👍🍺😎

skybluetony176

Just booked Spain in October. Both me and the wife are double jabbed so we’ve gambled on no self isolating when returning from an amber country if you’re double jabbed happening. That and hoping that in a couple of months Spain will be well ahead on vaccinations so it will no longer be on the amber list and Europe has returned to some sort of normalisation.

shepardo01

6 night Royal Caribbean cruise in August!!!!

Southampton to Belfast to Liverpool and back.......

Docks at 6am Saturday 7th August....
Hoping that tomorrow's fixtures throw up something that is not likely to have us at home on Sky on the Friday night!!

Sbarcher

Lovely week last week on the Isle of Wight. Love it there, loads to do and see. Week in the New Forest in a lovely hotel in August to cycle and walk. Did this last year and really enjoyed pushing myself( and the bike).

Sbarcher

6 night Royal Caribbean cruise in August!!!!

Southampton to Belfast to Liverpool and back.......

Docks at 6am Saturday 7th August....
Hoping that tomorrow's fixtures throw up something that is not likely to have us at home on Sky on the Friday night!!
Can’t you just divert down the Trent and Mersey then join up with the Grand Union? Might struggle through Hatton Locks though.

fernandopartridge

My son lives in Leek. It's a nice little market town with the Peak District a 10 minute drive away, Buxton and Ashbourne 20 minutes away,
Yeah, the A53 up to Buxton is quite a spectacular drive. Drove through Leek on the way to the Notts County play off as its happens

stay_up_skyblues

Dawlish in Devon for a week in August and a week in France in October. The latter having been postponed twice last year so fingers crossed this time.

Flying Fokker

Suffolk in May, Devon July, Steyning September. All cottages. Looking at taking the tent to somewhere if the weather holds up. Also sussing out whether a Caravan is a good option as we are seasoned campers but moving ever closer to the light and feeling the cold a bit more than I used to.

Users who are viewing this thread