Hoffman's Position re SOC Meeting Comments (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

I was called this morning by Gary Hoffman and he distanced himself from the comments attributed to Joe Elliott at the SOC meeting re when they get control they wouldn't work with any group that had talked to the current management and/or owners. Also he said he was in favour of fan representation as he was a fan himself.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

akira1984

I agree with working with the club, but I don't see how anyone can work with SISU. The situation is untenable due to the secrecy and their behaviour over the last 2 years. Any fan representation on this board/with these owners risks becoming yet another token gesture who I don't believe will have any say and will only be allowed to communicate what's been vetted by the board/SISU. An unworkable position!

smileycov

Facebook User
Thanks Jan, wish it would all hurry up though. The fans are pulling themselves apart!! :slap:

Delboycov

Makes me think that there are those out there making mischief with a hidden agenda of their own....who was this 'associate' of JE and what did they have to gain by getting this info out there? I know several fans that have changed their positive views of GH off the back of those comments.

@richh87

I was called this morning by Gary Hoffman and he distanced himself from the comments attributed to Joe Elliott at the SOC meeting re when they get control they wouldn't work with any group that had talked to the current management and/or owners. Also he said he was in favour of fan representation as he was a fan himself.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

Really wish you wouldn't jack it in Jan. I don't understand why the campaign can't move from persuading SISU to bugger off - followed by becoming a fans group aimed at securing representation at board level etc.

There were some good people at the protest - but also a few people who could barely talk and had some crazy ideas.

One guy said to me "why not get loads of us to get all suited and booted and buy corporate hospitality packages so that we can intimidate this SISU lot"

Another bloke just kept looking over at the stewards who to be fair left us alone saying "look at those tossers - they'd better not start anything".

My point being that there are some idiots out there who don't have the intelligence to think about their actions and just want it to kick off; let alone them having a 'long term vision' for this football club. They do love the club though and their participation is needed.

For this reason SOC needs strong leadership - and you've already earned the fans' respect aswell as Hoffman's and SISU's.

Don't let it go to waste.

This forum should be put to use more. We've got lots of passionate people here with contrasting views - but there are certain things we all agree on and we could all have a big say via this forum.

Paxman II

...so you took the immense opportunity to ask "and how are negotiations going?"
"are we at least right to expect a positive outcome soon"?
Please tell as you have took so much trouble to call me personally - at least give me a hint of hope that I can pass along. It will mean everything to the fans to know you are actively in there negotiating...?

ccfcway

well, least we can put that to bed now.

So, to repeat my comment from yesterday, surely a cov fan, getting investment for CCFC and willing to involve fans where he can, HAS to be better than SISU ?

No ?

@richh87

well, least we can put that to bed now.

So, to repeat my comment from yesterday, surely a cov fan, getting investment for CCFC and willing to involve fans where he can, HAS to be better than SISU ?

No ?

Has to be. Some people are skeptical of everything and everyone and wouldn't endorse any potential new owners - that's the problem here.

kg82

I don't think that's the problem at all. Remember, Hoffman was still involved when SISU took over - I'm sure he wouldn't make a mistake like that but you know the saying, "once bitten, twice shy".

Delboycov

I still would like to know where this information came from...sounds like someone is trying to discredit the Hoffman led bid again and with the club seemingly heading for oblivion it's the last thing we need.

Colonel Mustard

Fan representation wouldn't work. Look how that London Supporters Club thread turned out - a bitter division because the fans could not divulge all that they had heard. A regular fan forum with plenty of Q&As ought to be enough.

C

Clive Plattini

Fan representatives are not allowed on forums like this. I know the man who is the fan representative on the Charlton Board. Or he was a couple of seasons back, not seen him in a while. Anyway he is not allowed on forums as there is a risk he will divulge important info.

I think a fan rep on the City board would be good. Perfect communicator, plus they don't have to be stupidly rich. Also can be voted in by the fans.

torchomatic

Respect to him. It's good that he took time to call you.

blueflint

why are we still going on about a takeover wait til it happens and focus on supporting the players

Nonleagueherewecome

Fan representatives are not allowed on forums like this. I know the man who is the fan representative on the Charlton Board. Or he was a couple of seasons back, not seen him in a while..

This really sounds ominous..was he quietly "disposed of"? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread