hoffman (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

Looks like he might becoming the next chairman of the premier league.Will this affect him getting involved in any take over bid ?

covboy1987

Gary Hoffman New Chairman football league?

Things could not get any worse if Gary Hoffman becomes chairman of the football league as was mentioned in last thread and checked, and he's definitely favourite
Gary is not only highly regarded by 'some of us fans' (not all) but also obviously by the highest people in the game, but this may not be good news for Cov city fans as he probably will have to dissociate himself from the Sky blues all together if he was to land this prime job, particularly in the present circumstances as SISU would have a field day if they thought that there was any bias of any description.

mark82

He is allegedly being spoken to about becoming new Premier League chairman - not football league. Would this create any conflict of interest? Probably not until we made the Premier League again.

ricohman

I dont understand why hes fighting for this takeover and at the same time applying to be chairman of the football league.

Surely the takeover is his priority, or maybe not

mark82

I dont understand why hes fighting for this takeover and at the same time applying to be chairman of the football league.

Surely the takeover is his priority, or maybe not

Agree. Is he going to dump us for the spotlight of the premier league? If so he is not the messiah most on here think he is.

magic82ball

Why should it make a difference? wasn't Dave Richards chairman of the Premier League and Sheffield Wednesday at the same time?

davebart

Isn't Les Reid a journalist? what does he know about facts? He can spout any bollocks as fact - there will be no comebacks.

torchomatic

torchomatic

I know Gary Hoffman is more interested in seeing the Sky Blues through to stability than he is in the Premier League.

Isn't it great that he has such good contacts in the football and business world?

I know Gary Hoffman is more interested in seeing the Sky Blues through to stability than he is in the Premier League.

Isn't it great that he has such good contacts in the football and business world?

Strange that SISU saw fit to ban a potential Premier League Chairman from the Sky Blues Boardroom when he would presumably be welcome in any other club's boardroom!!!

Godiva

Strange that SISU saw fit to ban a potential Premier League Chairman from the Sky Blues Boardroom when he would presumably be welcome in any other club's boardroom!!!

I think Hoffman told lordsummerisle on the famous phone call that he resigned ...

DazzleTommyDazzle

To be honest after resigning from the board you wouldn't really expect to walk back into the boardroom at the next game would you?

It's not called the peoplewhohaveresignedfromtheboardroom.

That would be massive!

True, but some businesses manage to keep friendly relations with those who have departed.

Some even think it may be in their business interest so to do, something about not burning bridges unnecessarily.

Hoffman was an Associate Director with no executive responsibilities, which allowed him to sit in the Boardroom for home matches, and as I understand it SISU banned him from attending matches in the Boardroom.

Godiva

To be honest after resigning from the board you wouldn't really expect to walk back into the boardroom at the next game would you?

It's not called the peoplewhohaveresignedfromtheboardroom.

That would be massive!

Edit: Millie explained my question - thanks!

lordsummerisle

Hoffman was an Associate Director with no executive responsibilities, which allowed him to sit in the Boardroom for home matches, and as I understand it SISU banned him from attending matches in the Boardroom.

Was this after resigning from the full board? Was the Associate Directorship awarded after that?

Godiva

Good for him - he is much more popular with the fans when he attend matches in the stands.

Users who are viewing this thread