Hoffman made another bid (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

A Friend of mine who is friend with Gary Hoffman has told me that Hoffman had put in another £1 bid recently

Gaz

Sisu wont sell the club for £1 as they can get more by liquidating I think.

And this imo is the stumbling block to any deal.

win9nut

Even if the bid is accepted, I think there should be fan representation on the board... To ensure that Coventry is no more held to ransom against financiers whoever they may be, and so that the players and manager can focus their efforts entirely on the pitch.

We all see Hoffman as some knight in shining armour, but what if his backers are the same as the current owners? Hedge funds or investment trusts?

Marty

Even if the bid is accepted, I think there should be fan representation on the board... To ensure that Coventry is no more held to ransom against financiers whoever they may be, and so that the players and manager can focus their efforts entirely on the pitch.

We all see Hoffman as some knight in shining armour, but what if his backers are the same as the current owners? Hedge funds or investment trusts?

I see the same problem, they will be another faceless organisation.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Is there any alternative to SISU or Hoffman as both appear to have reached an impasse? I think there is just too much bad blood between both sides for anything to happen now. If we can't find an alternative I fear SISU are either going nowhere or will have us liquidated, one or the other.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Not convinced Hoffman can provide the amount of money it will take to put this mess rite. Don't know much about the man but always seen him as a bit of a village idiot really, perhaps that isn't fair considering. Have no other choice as it stands though, i'd still be overjoyed for a SISU->Hoffman swap.

Nonleagueherewecome

Not convinced Hoffman can provide the amount of money it will take to put this mess rite. Don't know much about the man but always seen him as a bit of a village idiot really, perhaps that isn't fair considering. Have no other choice as it stands though, i'd still be overjoyed for a SISU->Hoffman swap.

Pretty sure that you don't have a CV like his by being the village idiot!

None of us has any right to have a go at Gary Hoffman. He's trying his best and is a respected businessman. Is it his fault if he can't attract investors? Cos he's done a darn sight more than 99.9% of us have (not counting Brinner)!

Paxman II

Hoffman has gone and his investors have gone. No truth what so ever in that rumour.

If the council announced that the stadium was up for a bidding process then CCFC would have investors scrambling and jockeying for position including Hoffman's disappearing investors! I doubt this short sighted council can even figure out the wealth of investment that comes into the town by having a well known and successful football club not to mention what it means to the morale and dignity it has on the citizens and Coventry property tax payers!

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Your point is valid. But putting allegiance aside. SISU's frontmen on paper supposedly had some of the smartest minds and impressive CV's in business.... they failed miserably. I'm merely expressing concern here. Hoffman has seemingly handled things unconvincingly so far. So I'm not having a go at him by any means, he is no doubt a great bloke that loves the club. But as I say we can't be picky... I'm grateful there is someone out there trying to save us.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

why would it happen on thursday? whats going on, on that day?

Long running joke on the CT Forum-certain posters "in the know" were always proclaiming that big news was about to break. All would always be revealed-on Thursday! In reality, it never was :facepalm:

I heard the origins of "Sent To Coventry" too the other day, if anyone wants to know :p

Nonleagueherewecome

Your point is valid. But putting allegiance aside. SISU's frontmen on paper supposedly had some of the smartest minds and impressive CV's in business.... they failed miserably. I'm merely expressing concern here. Hoffman has seemingly handled things unconvincingly so far. So I'm not having a go at him by any means, he is no doubt a great bloke that loves the club. But as I say we can't be picky... I'm grateful there is someone out there trying to save us.

Well that's just it-he'd love to save us, and is a professional man, but he can't magic up money out of nothing. Welcome to the worst era in modern Western history to be trying to raise cash for a multi-million pound venture! If he's bidding £1 with more if we reach the Prem, I still really don't blame him-honestly, would you buy our money-losing machine? If so-why?!? What's the Business Plan to turn around this half-sunk ship? How can you-or anyone-forsee any way to actually make money out of our club?

We all want a mega-rich saviour to bail us out-if Hoffman can't bring that, he's a "cowboy", "idiot", "joke" or "attention seeker"? Do we really have any right to expect a saviour?!? I think if anyone has issues here, it's CCFC supporters! Father Christmas doesn't exist-and if he does, he dresses in red, not Sky Blue.

AFCCOVENTRY

Hoffman thing is dead in the water now. Pretty obvious from the last interview.

Some of the investors in the group unsure about the whole situation now that we are in L1.

All these investors be it Hoffmans lot or SISU want a quick ticket to the Premiership and take their cut.

It isn't happening now we are in L1.

Pretty sure that you don't have a CV like his by being the village idiot!

None of us has any right to have a go at Gary Hoffman. He's trying his best and is a respected businessman. Is it his fault if he can't attract investors? Cos he's done a darn sight more than 99.9% of us have (not counting Brinner)!

I'm not saying Hoffman doesn't have good intentions. It just feels like deja-vu, again.

theprince

Well for those interested Gary Hoffman hasn't gone and the investors he has haven't either. The next two weeks are vital in the fortunes of Coventry City i have been told, so sit tight and pray

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm not saying Hoffman doesn't have good intentions. It just feels like deja-vu, again.

Sure, from our perspective-but if you take a step back and try and look at it objectively, we are asking for the moon on a stick*

*Lee and Herring being just as good as Mitchell & Webb IMO!

withnail

I saw Hoffman making a £3.50 bid for a pasty under the stand at Southampton this afternoon. I think it was accepted.

Nonleagueherewecome

Well for those interested Gary Hoffman hasn't gone and the investors he has haven't either. The next two weeks are vital in the fortunes of Coventry City i have been told, so sit tight and pray

Oooh, I like a good counter-rumour! Shall I change the thread title to "Hoffman made/or is about to make another bid?" :D

Nonleagueherewecome

I saw Hoffman making a £3.50 bid for a pasty under the stand at Southampton this afternoon. I think it was accepted.

That's what an ILL costs, too.

Only 1 other person on the forum will get that, and that's if he's paying attention ;)

CCFCSteve

Shares aren't worth any more than £1 as the club is insolvent. It all depends what he's willing to offer sisu in respect of their loan that will be the sticking point. Sisu had exactly the same negotiating stance when they picked up the club for next to nothing.

As someone mentioned sisu may feel there's a better and/or quicker return for them in an insolvency, especially now this magical debenture has been registered. The most they could expect is a couple of million tho, as there's no assets (other than this option for 50% share in acl) and loads of ongoing/contingent liabilities. The issue for investors will be covering the losses etc going forward so they won't want to waste a penny offering sisu a penny more than the clubs worth...nothing

skybluedan

yeah and my mates brothers mrs,s friend cleans for a lady who knows the man who walks hoffmans dog and he said its over.........

Nonleagueherewecome

Wouldn't it be awful if Hoffman took over, then actually couldn't sustain us!?! Would fans boycott games with him at the helm? Hoffman out protests?

Just a thought (as there's no guarantee a new persob(s) would work out)

Possibly, but I'm pretty confident that if it was a more austere but open and communicative regime that the fans would rightly be a lot more understanding and patient than they would with a faceless SISU-type owner

WestEndAgro

Hoffman if successful with a take over, would not be the owner, he essentially is just the front man for another " Hedge Fund" to come in.

ashbyjan

Last weekend did a bit of digging around and spoke to people who really are in the know (Fisher and Elliott) and the state of play was (and probably still is) Fisher desperately trying to get SISU to agree funding for next season and as they know nothing about football were appointing a consultant to help them assess Fishers plan - if they don't agree to fund us then we are up shit creek without a paddle - probably liquidation. Elliott said that there was no deal on the table but the investors were still there and still interested but relegation obviously would make it more expensive. Hoff was pushing them to commit but as yet they hadn't but also hadn't shut the door on any deal.

Users who are viewing this thread