Hoffman and Keys (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Geordies accusing them of sabotaging their take over!!

Nick

Administrator
They wouldn't stick their beaks in, surely?

EeZ2AjxX0AEKZyd

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Of course it needs a bit more info. The examples given were under a different executive. Maybe those decisions were wrong and this one is right. Should the new person do the wrong thing because the previous person did and let clubs be taken over by people they shouldn't?

Lots of people for years have been saying that all this foreign money, some of it from potential dodgy sources, has been allowed and the FAPP test is worth nothing.

What will be interesting is what happens with other future takeovers from similar sources.

Some of the replies about being corrupt etc just stink of sour grapes. Surely if it was corrupt the prince would just offer a 'sweetener' and the deal would be waived through? Are they suggesting other clubs have paid Hoffman to refuse the takeover for fear of increased competition to them?

Skyblueweeman

tbf if they did stop that takeover, that would be no bad thing, surely!

Ashley surely can't be that bad they'd like some nice oppressive state sponsored terrorists ion charge instead?!?

It often makes me chuckle the situation at Newcastle...not the fact that they almost got taken over by such an unsanitary ownership party. But I was reading an article a couple of weeks back when the head of the Newcastle Supporters Trust was asking for a takeover to go through as soon as possible as they had been 'starved of investment' in recent years.

So I went onto Soccerbase to see how much they had spent on transfers in the last 5 seasons:

39 transfers in (excluding loans) - £191.2m (11 undisclosed)
25 transfers out (excluding loans) - £124.5m (12 unknown/undisclosed)
Net investment of £66.7m - assuming the undisclosed deals balanced each other out.

And not to just beat *them* with a stick but the fans of EPL clubs (the majority of them anyway) seriously don't know they're born.

I think there's a very real danger of many jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire...

wingy

It's a cesspit ,I could even make a case for denying US/Chinese Turkish UAE,/Saudi/Russian etc etc .

bawtryneal

I bet the Sunderland fans are loving it
They must be torn between hating Newcastle and there thoughts about us !!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

To be fair, had a great season, sadly on loan at Sheffield Wednesday like

He did alright at the end. A burden in the team for most of the season before lockdown. Their fans say similair to what many of us said. Unplayable on his day attacking-wise, but useless everywhere else. His day was always too inconsistent too.

Evo1883

He did alright at the end. A burden in the team for most of the season before lockdown. Their fans say similair to what many of us said. Unplayable on his day attacking-wise, but useless everywhere else. His day was always too inconsistent too.

Took time to settle but basically their best player from Christmas, I thought he was a real talent here and fans were harsh on him... I nearly walked out the ricoh the way they booed him after the penalty miss

CJ_covblaze

As bad as Mike Ashley is I know who I'd rather have as the owner of something as important to the community as Newcastle United.

ovduk78

It often makes me chuckle the situation at Newcastle...not the fact that they almost got taken over by such an unsanitary ownership party. But I was reading an article a couple of weeks back when the head of the Newcastle Supporters Trust was asking for a takeover to go through as soon as possible as they had been 'starved of investment' in recent years.

So I went onto Soccerbase to see how much they had spent on transfers in the last 5 seasons:

39 transfers in (excluding loans) - £191.2m (11 undisclosed)
25 transfers out (excluding loans) - £124.5m (12 unknown/undisclosed)
Net investment of £66.7m - assuming the undisclosed deals balanced each other out.

And not to just beat *them* with a stick but the fans of EPL clubs (the majority of them anyway) seriously don't know they're born.

I think there's a very real danger of many jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire...
How much did Ashley spend buying NUFC & clearing their debts? I think that they were in real financial trouble before he arrived yet their fans seem to forget this minor detail.

tisza

Not about Ashley. They thought they going to be richest club in the world. They wouldn't care where the money came from.

It is a double standard in some respects given Qatar's human rights record etc.

How can PL do a proper fit and proper person test on basically a nation state? - whose ruler has been implicated in at least one murder, supposedly caught sending the same death squad to Canada to "deal with" an opponent.

Sky Blue Harry H

I confess to having an affinity with NUFC, as my brother and his family are all up there. Ashley has milked the club for years, taking millions out. Their fans are incredibly loyal, their main bone of contention being the lack of ever having any ambition at winning / challenging. When CCFC were in the top flight, bobbing around year after year, look at the effect on attendances. Yes, as supporters we get complacent, but starting season after season without any real intention of having a go can be wearing. Ashley is a dick, but if he wants to buy us - great!

RingoCCFC

I swear I’ve seen NUFC fans every season moan about Man City and now they want to fucking be them! 😂🤣 Funny how people can change their minds so quickly! Ashley compared to some owners is a Saint! So many clubs out their slating their clubs owners and they’ve not even had a downfall!

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread