Hockey & rugby (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Football could learn lots from the sportsmen and women from other sports.

The attitude towards officials is almost incomparable and I don't think football has any excuse.

2 rule changes I think would be excellent. Card short of a yellow for any dissent for 5 minutes in sin bin and throw ins, free kicks and corners should be able to be taken immediately and can be taken to yourself

Diehard Si

Well said. I don't know anything about hockey, but football could definitely learn from rugby. The dissent is awful.

Si80

England Ladies have done brilliantly to get to the final today. Dissent in hockey is definitely there though, just the punishment is a lot harsher than football. If you pick up a red in hockey you could face upto 12 games out depending on the report filed by the umpires. When you think you only play 24 games in a season, missing half of it really makes you think about how gobby you can be to a ref on the pitch :D

wingy

Full Integration Of technology and a Video ref ,would be a beneficial move and to be able to hear the ref ,couple that with a sinbin rule and you're getting there.

ajsccfc

Rugby players don't mouth off to the officials, but then on the other hand there's a distinct lack of thumbs going into orifices in football.

I'd see someone whinging than having their oil checked.

Brighton Sky Blue

You have to do quite a lot to get sent off in hockey. Shy of assaulting somebody with your stick or otherwise it's more or less unheard of though I saw a number of green cards given out when I used to play-not uncommon at local levels where the umpires are supplied by your opponents!

Users who are viewing this thread