Hockaday (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

The problem with Hockaday is appointing him wouldn't galvanise the supporters which could be a shame lets be honest we know sweet f/a about him. There's one or two unknowns at other clubs doing okay but would our fans take to his appointment, I doubt it.

If he starts winning he will be good enough.

dongonzalos

He's more qualified that thorn ever was - don't see the problem in giving him a go until the end of this season.

True and he transformed the football we were playing over night and kept us up.

However your cant keep sticking plasters on it. If DH came in did well kept us up.

Next season would be failure again.

dongonzalos

I did in the post you quoted.

I think you referred to losing 7 out of 8 and having to leave Forest Green Rovers in the premier conference then not having a job for 8 months as progress.

However I was been serious, what makes him a candidate for CCFC two divisions above.

That would be like someone in mid table in our division losing a load of matches gets asked to leave. Doesn't have a job for 8 months then their next job is Villa?

NorthernWisdom

I think you referred to losing 7 out of 8 and having to leave Forest Green Rovers in the premier conference then not having a job for 8 months as progress.

However I was been serious, what makes him a candidate for CCFC two divisions above.

That would be like someone in mid table in our division losing a load of matches gets asked to leave. Doesn't have a job for 8 months then their next job is Villa?

Nope, I pointed out the gaining experience and obvious club progression.

After all, if a man can have a distastrous finish to their time as Hereford manager, have nearly a decade out of managing a team, and then end upo managing a top flight club...

We're too quick to pre-judge in this country. He may not be the right candidate, but he's being judged because he's not a 'name'. It's the self-fulfilling prophecy that would make Sillett a failure were he to take a job in equivalent circumstances nowadays.

I'd far rather somebody who has prior experience rather than AN Other former player. It's only in football this ever happens, that people get parachuted in because their face fits.

Well... football and the landed gentry!

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Nope, I pointed out the gaining experience and obvious club progression.

After all, if a man can have a distastrous finish to their time as Hereford manager, have nearly a decade out of managing a team, and then end upo managing a top flight club...

We're too quick to pre-judge in this country. He may not be the right candidate, but he's being judged because he's not a 'name'. It's the self-fulfilling prophecy that would make Sillett a failure were he to take a job in equivalent circumstances nowadays.

I'd far rather somebody who has prior experience rather than AN Other former player. It's only in football this ever happens, that people get parachuted in because their face fits.

Well... football and the landed gentry!

No I agree with you I also want someone with experience.

However I mean relevant experience like Gary Johnson. If they are to come from two divisions below then I want them to be a shining star not s failure two division below sorry

mark82

They weren't relegated.

They then improved to 20th, then 10th, then 10th.

Consistent progression and stabilisation.

As I said, not a fabulous track record, but in a normal line of business that progression would say you deserve at least consideration for a role elsewhere.

You need some context around that though. They were favourites for promotion.

dongonzalos

Why are you stating his time at Leeds was a disaster. A cursory glance says 2 wins and 4 defeats.

It was considered a bizarre decision when it happened.
The explanation for it was they had a good dinner together.
He was sacked after 6 games
Hardly a success story in my book

Chez78

Has anyone asked the Forest Green fans what we can expect from Hockaday, don't get me wrong I don't want him anywhere near the job permanently but the Falkirk fan described what we would get with Pressley so just wondered what we would get from a forest green fan.

NorthernWisdom

You need some context around that though. They were favourites for promotion.

Not really. Overwhelming favourites would have been Wrexham and Luton. Then you probably would have had the likes of Fleetwood ahead of them. Sure, a decent budget came with a new owner, but they've never been the powerhouses of that league.

Of more concern isn't his Forest Green record; it'd be perfectly fine to consider a manager on the back of that. Rather, he's probably only here because his profile was artificially raised by Leeds... which suggests little consideration in the thought process going on. If they'd have taken him pre-Leeds that would be reasonable, but I suspect such considerations won't come to the fore.

albatross

I think he is here till at least the end of the season. I think SISU had this in mind all the time. Why do they now need to add another wage when they are trying to curb spending .... plus they have just employed Hockaday and a new manager might not want him around so they would have to get rid of him as well.

ccfcway

Hockadays u21's lost today to Notts Forest 2-1, Finch our scorer.

he is already talking the talk....

""I've got to happy as we have come to a strong Nottingham Forest side and we should've won the game." Coventry City's Dave Hockaday, who lost 2-1

steveecov

So your gonna risk the future of this club with a very inexperienced manager who didn't even make it at forest green?

Answer me this question. If hockaday wasn't at the club. Would you want him here as first choice?

Which is how we got George and John.

rob9872

George and John had both played for us. I don't recall singing from the west terrace "there's only one David hockday"

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

It was suggested he was chosen for the Leeds job as he was prepared to allow the Chairman to make all the decisions. He was in no way even a potential candidate on paper.

Him getting the job at Leeds sent shockwaves around the country due to his unsuitability and the fact it was a bizarre choice to say the least. It was put down as a crazy decision by a crazy owner.

As predicted his tenure at Leeds was a complete failure.

We sack a manager because we are facing a relegation battle. It seems most in here are assuming Hockaday will take over to the end of the season.

If he was employed as our manager without having had the horrendous Leeds episode I believe most people would be outraged and angry.

Now after the Leeds it should not be even the remotest possibility

Or am I missing some reason why the majority think this will be the case

Couldn't agree more - he was sacked from Forest bastard Green and stumbled into the Leeds job because of who he knew and would allow Cellino to call the shots.

Hockaday is in no way suitable to be managing in the Football League, it was farcical decision for him to get the Leeds job and they should be a complete uproar if he gets this job, he will take us down like the Titanic.

Lots of you on here have called for Pressley's head - well now we're here, with bloody David Hockaday in charge and absolutely no clue of who would realistically take us.. I've heard people saying they want Nigel Adkins, Mark Warburton, Mark Robins - there is fucking absolutely no chance they would even open an email from Coventry City, never mind consider managing us.

J

Jack Griffin

Couldn't agree more - he was sacked from Forest bastard Green and stumbled into the Leeds job because of who he knew and would allow Cellino to call the shots.

Hockaday is in no way suitable to be managing in the Football League, it was farcical decision for him to get the Leeds job and they should be a complete uproar if he gets this job, he will take us down like the Titanic.

Lots of you on here have called for Pressley's head - well now we're here, with bloody David Hockaday in charge and absolutely no clue of who would realistically take us.. I've heard people saying they want Nigel Adkins, Mark Warburton, Mark Robins - there is fucking absolutely no chance they would even open an email from Coventry City, never mind consider managing us.

I think you have it right there.. if nobody has been lined up already then what should we think of Mr Waggots ability to strategise? Dear lord, it is shambolic.

SkyBlueAussie

Wow "Hockaday"..you guys on here are amazing..you've found someone else to potentially blame already.

No doubt when he can't do anything when he hasn't got anything to work with to start with he will get you're vocal disapproval.

Nobody wants this job..so what are we going to do now?

Grendel

rightumpty

His first season as manager ended with relegation from the Conference Premier
After a disappointing start to the 2013-14 season, and after a run which saw Forest Green suffer seven defeats in eight games, Hockaday left the club by mutual consent on 21 October 2013.[SUP][20
]
[/SUP]Hockaday's first and only league victory was against Middlesbrough at Elland Road

On 28 August 2014, Hockaday and assistant Junior Lewis were sacked by owner Massimo Cellino, having been in the job for only 70 days
That's good enough for SISU then

steveecov

Really hope James Beattie has applied. Well worth reading how Accy fans feel about him and what he has achieved. 3-1 Saturday.PUSB

Wheelfass

There's plenty on Hockaday if you look on You Tube. There are Leeds fans singing in one voice that he's "getting sacked in the morning" and even one with the Forrest Green fans chanting the same. There are sports programme interviews where pundits are saying that he is a coach and not a manager and that there is a big distinction between the two. It was being said that if a game needed to be changed tactically then he wasn't neccessarily the man to be able to do it. Also that he is not the sort who could look into a mirror and say that he had changed it his way and that it was proven to be the right way. He was awarded the Leeds job because he was prepared to do what ever their chairman Massimo Cellino asked him to do. Cellino made the decisions to bring in some Italian players that Hockaday new nothing of and so he subsiquently failed after only 6 games. He doesn't appear to have a strong enough character to be at the helm of a football club and would perhaps be better suited to the coaching roll that he is more familiar with.
For me he would be a poor choice and should only to be used for a very short interim period of time.

Last edited:

LB87ccfc

There's plenty on Hockaday if you look on You Tube. There is the Leeds fans singing in one voice that he's "getting sacked in the morning" and even one with the Forrest Green fans chanting the same. There are sports programme interviews where pundits are saying that he is a coach and not a manager and that there is a big distinction between the two. It was being said that if a game needed to be changed tactically then he wasn't neccessarily the man to be able to do it. Also that he is not the sort who could look into a mirror and say that he had changed it his way and that it was proven to be the right way. He was awarded the Leeds job because he was prepared to do what ever their chairman Massimo Cellino asked him to do. Cellino made the decisions to bring in some Italian players that Hockaday new nothing of and so his subsiquently failed after only 6 games. He doesn't appear to have a strong enough character to be at the helm of a football club and would perhaps be better suited to the coaching roll that he is more familiar with.
For me he would be a poor choice and should only to be used for a very short interim period of time.

Bang on the money

Users who are viewing this thread