Hmrc (1 Viewer)

skybluericoh

Did I read it or dream it, that the HMRC also turned down the CVA? Again we/I have been lead to believe that ACL were the only independent creditor, but I'm sure I saw that HMRC also refused to sign? Did anyone else see this, does anyone know how much SISU owe us the tax payer?

skybluetony176

They did. And I think the figure quoted was £700 :/

But apparently they refuse CVA's in every instance, and not just in our case

don't know about the quoted figure in £'s but you are 100% correct in saying that the HMRC refuse any and every CVA put to them.

CCFCSteve

don't know about the quoted figure in £'s but you are 100% correct in saying that the HMRC refuse any and every CVA put to them.

That comment is totally incorrect. Of course they accept cva's, just not ones they don't agree with (to be fair it their claim was significant PA would've spent more time trying to please them, but it was insignificant)

Danceswithhorses

HMRC got fed up with the football creditors rule, which puts football salaries at the top of the creditors list (usually hmrc).
Clubs would just go into admin owing tons of money to hmrc eg PAYE deducted from the huge salaries they paid, would not then be paid over to hmrc.
Originally hmrc would do deals, but got fed up with clubs taking the piss, so unless hmrc is paid in full (or very nearly), they will reject cvas.

Grendel

That comment is totally incorrect. Of course they accept cva's, just not ones they don't agree with (to be fair it their claim was significant PA would've spent more time trying to please them, but it was insignificant)

No your comment is totally incorrect. It's a policy of hmrc to reject all football club cva's. the amount u believe is £600

SkyblueBazza

No your comment is totally incorrect. It's a policy of hmrc to reject all football club cva's. the amount u believe is £600

How do you know the figure he believes it to be? Hasn't said it (on this thread at least), but my understanding about the HMRC policy is the same as yours. They made a decision to reject ALL CVAs regarding football clubs because it is the only industry (as far as I know) where inequalities between creditors exist & are so stacked against the HMRC.

Users who are viewing this thread