Hiwula (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Who remembers that guy?! Seemed to have fallen off a cliff or something. Kinda forgotten about him till Blackpool highlights yesterday.....

clint van damme

asked this question in the classic game thread yesterday. He played well in that Blackpool game but rapidly disappeared off the scene after being top scorer the previous season.

cc84cov

Thought about him yesterday I very much doubt we see him in a city shirt again after Robins comments when he was dropped out,again we need far better in the championship than Hiwula.

lord_garrincha

It was the perfect (not for him!) storm of his form dropping off a cliff, confidence being lower than a snake's belly (MK pen miss & 1st half performance against Fleetwood - they say he was injured, but I thought he bottled it due to factors mentioned) and the formation change in 2nd half which meant there was no role for him.

But a L1 club should look to buy him. He will do a job given the right circumstances (look at JCH).

christonabike

Never really rated him to be honest but he must have something about him. Maybe a different team with a set up that suits him will see him start scoring again. I think mid table league 1 is his level.

larry_david

I don't think hiwula ever fitted our style. He was out of position all last season but did score so great goals. Clearly a confidence player but I remember that Fleetwood game, there were rumours he was injured or saying he was injured. That game was prob the turning point in our season because at ht he went to our current formation and boom

shmmeee

Him and Baka will be released this summer I expect. Shame because on their day I think there’s a player in both of them, they just never were on their day enough.

fatso

He's not good enough for league 1, and defo not championship standard, and it would appear his attitude is questionable.
I'm sure he could do a job in league 2 as a striker rather than pushed out wide on the left, but he will be gone before next season starts, along with Baka, Ponty, and most probably Biamou.
(Although I'd be happy for Biamou to stay and fight for a place on the bench)

Grendel

He's not good enough for league 1, and defo not championship standard, and it would appear his attitude is questionable.
I'm sure he could do a job in league 2 as a striker rather than pushed out wide on the left, but he will be gone before next season starts, along with Baka, Ponty, and most probably Biamou.

He’s scored over 40 goals at league 1 level in 120 starts. In the second half of last season he was clearly one of the better players - mentioning him as inferior to Biamou is laughable

ccfcway

i think jordi and baka will be gone and max will be kept on as our 4th choice striker with 2 new signings

Warwickhunt

Baka will sign an extention methinks

ccfc1234

Agree about Max being given a shot. We have played Birmingham twice and he looked the forward that upset their defenders most. We will need 2 forwards to replace Baka and Jordy.

*edit assuming we get promoted.....

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I would rather keep Baka than Max. Would rather keep Hiwula than both but there we go.

As Jimmy Greaves would say, " football it's a funny old game "

SlowerThanPlatt

I would imagine we would offer Bakayoko something even if the plan is to eventually move him on. We made an investment in him and hasn’t burnt his bridges yet like Hiwula. In the Sunderland and Ipswich games it was him who was trusted to come on over Biamou - his last start was also pretty good against Portsmouth

Sky Blue Harry H

I would rather keep Baka than Max. Would rather keep Hiwula than both but there we go.

Bold call. I'm a huge Max fan. On a going day Baka is harder to handle than Hiwula - just doesn't do it often enough. Wouldn't mind getting Granduillet from Blackpool (a big upgrade on Baka)

ccfchoi87

Bold call. I'm a huge Max fan. On a going day Baka is harder to handle than Hiwula - just doesn't do it often enough. Wouldn't mind getting Granduillet from Blackpool (a big upgrade on Baka)

Hiwula will always be more of a threat than Max even playing out wide. Given their ages, it’s a no brainier which one of them is more valuable however, Robins has evidently gave up on Hiwula. Baka also has age on his side compared with Max despite having similar goal scoring records.

ccfcway

Hiwula will always be more of a threat than Max even playing out wide. Given their ages, it’s a no brainier which one of them is more valuable however, Robins has evidently gave up on Hiwula. Baka also has age on his side compared with Max despite having similar goal scoring records.

Robins will likely be in the championship next season, Jordi will likely not be. I know who i'd back

ccfchoi87

Robins will likely be in the championship next season, Jordi will likely not be. I know who i'd back

Just because a player and manager have a dispute doesn’t mean the player isn’t very good. Hiwula has had success in league one and will do again. Max never has and never will unfortunately. Whether Baka will remains to be seen but he has the potential I guess. I don’t believe any of the three will become established championship players but Hiwula and Baka have time on their side at least. Oh and Robins still needs to prove himself at championship level also.

wingy

What kind of money would Hiwula have been on?
There was heavy pressure on the budget
The club were trying to grow the crowd.
Just trying to think outside the box

ccfchoi87

What kind of money would Hiwula have been on?
There was heavy pressure on the budget
The club were trying to grow the crowd.
Just trying to think outside the box

I imagine Hiwula will be a high earner. I would think Baka is on more than Max too.

fatso

He’s scored over 40 goals at league 1 level in 120 starts. In the second half of last season he was clearly one of the better players - mentioning him as inferior to Biamou is laughable
14 goals in 54 league 1 appearances for us, and couldn’t even get near the bench in the end, It would appear that MR doesn’t agree with you Grendel.

And FYI, I think most on here would say that Biamou has steadily improved, while Hiwula has gone backwards.

ccfcway

Just because a player and manager have a dispute doesn’t mean the player isn’t very good. Hiwula has had success in league one and will do again. Max never has and never will unfortunately. Whether Baka will remains to be seen but he has the potential I guess. I don’t believe any of the three will become established championship players but Hiwula and Baka have time on their side at least. Oh and Robins still needs to prove himself at championship level also.

Who will prove themselves in the championship ?

Robins / max
Jordi / Baka

yer, I know where my money would be

Sky Blue Pete

Looks like robins was right about letting jch go in hindsight

skyblue1991

A good League 1 player, just doesn't fit into our system.

Send him to Sunderland, they like our old toys after we've finished playing with them.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

TomRad85

The only striker worth keeping for the Championship is Godden and only then as a squad player.
Tend to agree but let's say you need 4 in your squad, I'd rather also keep say Max and Baka, who I assume aren't paid much and spend a relatively fat wage on one excellent striker than release them and spread the wage over 3 mediocre strikers. If you get me?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Malaka

Tend to agree but let's say you need 4 in your squad, I'd rather also keep say Max and Baka, who I assume aren't paid much and spend a relatively fat wage on one excellent striker than release them and spread the wage over 3 mediocre strikers. If you get me?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I personally don't think that Max is mediocre. I think in the less physical, more skillful league he will score enough goals to warrant a contract.

Users who are viewing this thread