Historically who have City played the most.... (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCharlie9

Rough bit of research into who we have played the most over the years. I've always been curious as to who has perhaps shared a similar pattern of climbing up and falling down the Football league over the years (cup games included so may be slightly distorted...and my maths is dodgy). It sort of sums up where I think we might sit in the modern football hierarchy and respect of my 40 years of watching footy....... on the basis we are in the midst of a decade(s) blip.
Saints 141
Norwich 121
QPR 120
Hammers 119
Palace 114
Watford 93
Forest 92
Spurs 91
Leicester 86
Man U 83
Ipswich 84
Leeds 83
Luton 82
Everton 79
Arsenal 77
Liverpool 76
Probably reflects a lot on our time in div 3 South and top league...probably only Luton who have been through a tougher time than us!
* Apologies I may have missed a couple of teams out too as just a quick summary!)

Legia Sky Blue

11 Prem, 4 Championship & 1 League 1 team isn't the balance I expected given we've only had one historical period in the top flight, albeit quite a lengthy one.

BackRoomRummermill

Funnily enough, Southampton and Norwich are the two clubs I would compare us to in terms of history and fan base, although both are doing significantly better than us at the moment.

Furthermore St Mary’s is a very close match for the Ricoh and Carrow Road strongly evokes Highfield Road.

that’s a good observation made there

SkyBlueCharlie9

Where is the fun in that HBG? It was also trying to show my young lad about the 'joy of stats' and combining maths/ footy/Sky Blues for a school project. (Living in Kent and brainwashing my kids to support City requires, patience and creativity !)

Woolly68

As an aside which English football league clubs ( in the top 4 divisions) have Coventry never played in a competitive league or Cup game? I assume newly promoted Salford would be one. Anyone else we have avoided over the years?

Frank Sidebottom

As an aside which English football league clubs ( in the top 4 divisions) have Coventry never played in a competitive league or Cup game? I assume newly promoted Salford would be one. Anyone else we have avoided over the years?
From the start of relegation from the premier league season the only 4 clubs we haven't played of the current 92 are Fulham, Huddersfield, Macclesfield and Salford.
Last played Fulham in the League cup in 1982.
Huddersfield in League cup in 1977
And Macclesfield in Fa cup in 1999 7-0 win.
Never played Salford.

Users who are viewing this thread