Hinckley - Coventry/Leicester kids (1 Viewer)

Fluffsta

I have family in Burbage and Hinckley and always visit or travel over to that area once or twice a week for many years but recently I have noticed so many more people wearing Cov shirts as opposed to Leicester shirts. I notice more kids wearing Cov shirts now which is great when 10 years ago all I saw were kids wearing foxes shirts.

10-5 years ago I would have found it impossible to stumble across a fellow Cov fan in Hinckley or Burbage but now they outnumber foxes fans especially in Burbage (very close geographically to CBS as opposed to King Power).

I know Burbage is way closer to the CBS than KIng Power but it's still Leicestershire.

Robinshio

Was at colts close park just after we got to Wembley and a kids team were playing in sky blue kits. The manager had bought them as the team made the final

Ashdown

We’ve colonised the area quite successfully…..would still say there are more Leicester fans though. I’d say the most popular team would be Leicester Tigers in reality although I know quite a few CRFC fans here too.

Tomh111

Grew up there as about the only Cov fan - worked behind the bar in a very Leicester dominated pub. Was awful and I'm fairly sure is the reason I fucking hate Leicester.

slowpoke

Going back years there there were a lot of Cov fans in the Hinckley area. A lot of Coventry folk migrated there for the cheaper quality housing estates that were built there in the 1960s&70s.
The recent Leicester successes with the football club and Leicester Tigers alongside the demise of our lot football, Cov rugby, the Bees speedway both once the best in the country all losing their traditional home grounds too, you couldn’t make it up will have diluted things in the Hinckley area but the fight back is on in footie and the rugby.
Bring it on.

Wiseoldfool

My lad works at legoland windsor and he says he sees as many cov shirts as any other midlands club.
My daughter lives in Braknell she takes my granson there quite often and he insists on
wearing his Cov top.I know there are quite a few City fans around the Reading area.

Ashdown

Going back years there there were a lot of Cov fans in the Hinckley area. A lot of Coventry folk migrated there for the cheaper quality housing estates that were built there in the 1960s&70s.
The recent Leicester successes with the football club and Leicester Tigers alongside the demise of our lot football, Cov rugby, the Bees speedway both once the best in the country all losing their traditional home grounds too, you couldn’t make it up will have diluted things in the Hinckley area but the fight back is on in footie and the rugby.
Bring it on.
They also moved out in the 60s and 70s to Burbage knowing that they used to run buses back to the car factories in Cov. As a kid I used to see loads of guys carrying their little lunch bags and boarding the coaches .

saveitforthewombles

Definitely weren't many Cov fans when I was going to school in the area....changed a bit and good to see some ex-Cov pros/managers settle in the area

letsallsingtogether

I work in Hinckley 90% Cov fans we had a full minibus for Wembley majority ST holders.
Even have a huge Cov badge on the outside of the building.

letsallsingtogether

Coventry Badge outside factory

Attachments

• 20230525_150637.jpg
    20230525_150637.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • 20230525_150536.jpg
    20230525_150536.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread