Hinckley Confirm Coventry Discussions (2 Viewers)

Sub

Hinckley Confirm Coventry Discussions

Blue Square Bet North club Hinckley United have confirmed reports that there have been on-going discussions with....

0 Comments
Published 13th December 2012
Tweet

1355396283_original.jpg

....npower League One outfit Coventry City.
The Sky Blues revealed that it had commenced the process of making contact with other football clubs to evaluate if their stadiums meet our requirements should negotiations with ACL fail to reach a mutually agreed position on the rent with the result that CCFC is forced to move away from the Ricoh Arena to a new venue.
Hinckley United have had a long standing relationship with Coventry City and many other local clubs and those relationships includes the provision of any viable support which in the past has included pre-season matches which supporters of both clubs have enjoyed over the years.
That mutual support will hopefully continue to ensure the future of football at all levels locally.

Otis

But getting further away in the capacity. 4,329.

Wonder if they will sell tickets at a reduced price for having to sit on someone's lap.

lordsummerisle

Wonder if they will sell tickets at a reduced price for having to sit on someone's lap.

The clubs I go to it normally costs me a fair bit extra to have somebody to sit on my lap.

skyblueman

Any prospect of putting in some temporary stands to boost the capacity? Bloody hope not

keBaB

This ground is not suitable for so many reasons which I can't be arsed to go into; top of that long list is that FL regulations, appendix 1 states grounds must have a capacity of at least 5000, 2000 of which must be seated... No amount of lap-dancing season ticket holders is going to argue with that.

Waldorf

Any prospect of putting in some temporary stands to boost the capacity? Bloody hope not
What? In order to seat our season-ticket holders? And the number of away fans they're obliged to seat? Not a chance. With the cost of hiring temp. stands, the could pay the rent ACL have offered them!

Ashdown1

More bloody garbage from SISU. I could bike to this one from my house but I don't think I'll pump up my tires just yet !!

davebart

the very suggestion that SISU have actively considered the idea of ground sharing with other tin pot clubs says more about their competence, their understanding of football fans and their attitude to the people of coventry than anything else.

At least when Ransom was here they had someone with an inkling of what football was about.

lordsummerisle

the very suggestion that SISU have actively considered the idea of ground sharing with other tin pot clubs says more about their competence, their understanding of football fans and their attitude to the people of coventry than anything else.

At least when Ransom was here they had someone with an inkling of what football was about.

He certainly did, filling your pockets with loot is definitely what football is about nowadays.

Warwickhunt

:laugh:Whats the matter with you lot! take your own EFFIN chair then, it will be like watching Blackpool play cos they got deckchairs as well

swfcfan

sorry to hear the problems you are having lads.

our first season in League 1 after relegation we had massive off the field issues, after several winding up orders we were very close to going into admin & even liquidation. But even when we thought the end could be near it was terrible, but it all came good in the end. Promotion was won & we are debt free.

I'm sure you will get all this sorted, someone with some business sense can see the potential in your club, at least you have a decent manager!

All the best,
SWFC

Grendel

It's even more ludicrous than the last attempt at convincing people there is a real alternative. Less seats than season tickets.

It will be Cov Sphinx next.

SkyblueBazza

sorry to hear the problems you are having lads.

our first season in League 1 after relegation we had massive off the field issues, after several winding up orders we were very close to going into admin & even liquidation. But even when we thought the end could be near it was terrible, but it all came good in the end. Promotion was won & we are debt free.

I'm sure you will get all this sorted, someone with some business sense can see the potential in your club, at least you have a decent manager!

All the best,
SWFC

Thanks for your thoughts & encouragement - I guess having been there, you can fully understand that we're not feeling quite so optimistic about the situation ourselves.
Good luck in the Championship...SW are a big club & deserve Prem status IMO & I hope you get it. Always had a soft spot for them since I was dragged down to Fellows Park (Walsall) vs SW - I'd never seen so many away fans at the time...& that was in Div3!

covmartin

I've just listened to the Hinckley Chairman being interviewed on Radio Leicester. I'll try to give a summary of what was said.
At the end of last week the Hinckley Chairman invited Fisher to a reserve game. He asked Fisher how our reserve team were getting on (in terms of where they are playing) and Fisher's response was "We're not doing too good on the first team front".
The Hinckley chairman said he saw an opportunity to raise the ground share subject after this comment.
He said that Hinckley have made an offer to ground share with Coventry. He claims league rules only require them to appease season ticket holders (6,500) and they could do that easily by putting in temporary stands to bring seated capacity up to the required number.
He was really trying to sell the idea of this and said they would be a better option than Nene Park. It would also be a lifeline for Hinckley football club.
There was no clue given as to Coventry's response but my feeling from the interview is that this story seems to be coming from the Hinckley end. They would love this to happen to solve their own financial problems.

Ashdown1

When this has all been sorted and agreed, the individual who will look the individual biggest flacid penis in all this will be Fisher and close behind that the Faggot himself !!

Users who are viewing this thread