Hinckley AFC at the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

ccfcmustang

Just seen on coventry city mad that the newly formed Hinckley team have had meetings about where they are going to play their games. A fan tweeted after that the Ricoh is the favourite. Personally, I would be outraged to see another team adopt Coventry as their home (especially a team from Leicestershire). A non league team moving to coventry to play at a 32,000 seater stadium and CCFC moving to another council patch to play at a 12,000 seater. What a fucking joke this has turned into.

Captain Dart

Probably having a laugh.

torchomatic

They could never pay their way so ACL wouldn't be interested.

skybluebal

All they have to do is move a few miles across the border; change their name; change the colour of their shirt and Coventry has a team playing in the city only a couple of steps from the Football league and with a pent-up fan base. Sounds a good business proposition - but who would ever do such a thing to their fans :thinking about:

ccfcmustang

Ms Lucas just wants a football team playing in Coventry and only paying rent on the Ricoh. If this new Hinckley team can provide that then I dont see why she would say no. Probably encourage us to watch their games on a saturday afternoon

Ashdown1

Oh dear, how gullible ?! Of course it was one of the Hinckley/Leicester types taking the piss. They have a perfectly good stadium at their level they can use. They really struggle for support though, for a town of its size they barely get about 400 home fans to a match. They'd only need one small block in the Lloyds Pharmacy stand.

Astute

Hinckley playing in Coventry would be as stupid as Coventry playing in Northampton.

Otis

If a football team comes to play at the Ricoh then it has to be CCFC or a phoenix Coventry City club (should CCFC fail to return).

Can't think of anything more embarrassing than having some other town's club playing in Coventry and Coventry City playing outside Coventry.

SIR ERNIE

If a football team comes to play at the Ricoh then it has to be CCFC or a phoenix Coventry City club (should CCFC fail to return).

Can't think of anything more embarrassing than having some other town's club playing in Coventry and Coventry City playing outside Coventry.

agreed.

If there's going to be no return to the Ricoh by start of next season, Cov Sphinx should step in for a trial period. If it doesn't work/ no demand, go back to sphinx drive. At least it would be a grass roots Coventry club and I bet they'd get at least 1,000 for home games. It would be football back at the Ricoh and whilst four leagues below the FL, could lead to anything. Just a thought.

chiefdave

Why would you start a new team called Hinckley and move then to Coventry? Must be someone on the wind up.

mds

Ms Lucas just wants a football team playing in Coventry and only paying rent on the Ricoh. If this new Hinckley team can provide that then I dont see why she would say no. Probably encourage us to watch their games on a saturday afternoon
I think she would as unhappy as the next person at the thought of a team and not CCFC playing at the Ricoh.

Hinckley playing in Coventry would be as stupid as Coventry playing in Northampton.

Stranger things have happened :confused:

torchomatic

ACL have already done just that. They moved on, don't forget.

I assume once Sisu have started the new stadium us CCFC fans can forget about the Ricoh and let someone else have it.

Manchester_sky_blue

agreed.

If there's going to be no return to the Ricoh by start of next season, Cov Sphinx should step in for a trial period. If it doesn't work/ no demand, go back to sphinx drive. At least it would be a grass roots Coventry club and I bet they'd get at least 1,000 for home games. It would be football back at the Ricoh and whilst four leagues below the FL, could lead to anything. Just a thought.

I probably would go to watch Sphinx at the Ricoh, just as I have been to Sphinx drive a few times (and would again no doubt). It would not be a replacement for CCFC but i have a soft spot for Sphinx as a secondary team and would like to see them progress and do well, irrespective of what ultimately happens to CCFC.

Houdi

ACL have already done just that. They moved on, don't forget.
Of course I'm sure you haven't forgotten that is exactly what Tim Fisher said many months ago, around the same time he was claiming that the location for the new stadium would be announced in 3 weeks time.

Users who are viewing this thread