Hill's Lounge & Bar (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSid

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before but I saw it on another forum. There is refurbishment at the Butts Retreat and the licence application is for it to be called Hill's Lounge & Bar. Is this someone gambling on City being at the BPA from next year and cashing in on JH's name?

M3 Licensing Online

vow

3112507c474746f10e78def46d607813_interesting-memes-image-memes-at-relatablycom-very-interesting-meme_400-285.png

vow

Savvy business decision to name it that toby fayre, win-win really, no loss if we don't play there and it's a new bar in Earlsdon/Town.

Brylowes

A city centre stadium that we would own. It would need to be a decent size but if it gets us away from this Ricoh mess I don't see why anyone wouldn't want it?
It's not a stadium, it's one small stand and a pitch all hemmed in by a main road
A railway line a retirement village and a multi-storey car park.
Oh 'and we don't and never will own it.
One thing it will do is match our future prospects under SISU.

ccfchoi87

It's not a stadium, it's one small stand and a pitch all hemmed in by a main road
A railway line a retirement village and a multi-storey car park.
Oh 'and we don't and never will own it.
One thing it will do is match our future prospects under SISU.

It won't be one small stand will it? It would hopefully be 20k but if it's 15k who cares? Again read my last post about the ownership

skybluebeduff

Well we don't know the deal yet but you would assume if we paid to build it we would get 100% football revenue and half of everything else. Which is considerably more than we have now
That imply's SISU pumping money into the club to do that, and that delusional, wouldn't you agree? They are not interested in the clubs future, they'll just find somewhere to rent just like Northampton.

ccfchoi87

That imply's SISU pumping money into the club to do that, and that delusional, wouldn't you agree? They are not interested in the clubs future, they'll just find somewhere to rent just like Northampton.

Where did I say I think it will happen? I just said I'd hope so

ccfchoi87

So we'll either be

A) ground sharing with a rugby club

Or

B) ground sharing with a rugby club

it's a tricky one

A) renting from a franchise rugby club from London with no access to non CCFC revenues and only a percentage of Matchday revenue

Or

B) joint ownership with the real rugby club in Coventry where we gain revenue from other events and 100% on Matchdays.

You're right it is a tricky one

letsallsingtogether

It won't be one small stand will it? It would hopefully be 20k but if it's 15k who cares? Again read my last post about the ownership
We have we will still be renting it off a rugby club after spending all that money to get it to standard.
We will never own it.

quinn1971

A) renting from a franchise rugby club from London with no access to non CCFC revenues and only a percentage of Matchday revenue

Or

B) joint ownership with the real rugby club in Coventry where we gain revenue from other events and 100% on Matchdays.

You're right it is a tricky one

How do you know we'll gain 100% revenue, we'll just be renting,I doubt whoever owns the butts would want anything to do with sisu, I worry that people think moving to the butts would be a good move

Brylowes

Ah yes, I was forgetting SISUs long history of progressive investment, silly me :emoji_hugging:

It staggers me that anyone still clings to this crackpot idea, I'm not saying we will Never end up there,
just that if we do it will be as lowly tenants with limited access to revenues, sound familiar.

ccfchoi87

How do you know we'll gain 100% revenue, we'll just be renting,I doubt whoever owns the butts would want anything to do with sisu, I worry that people think moving to the butts would be a good move

The move would be fantastic if it was on them terms. Hence I said I hope it happens. I doubt they would build a 15k seater stadium just to rent it to us. It would be a joint venture

ccfchoi87

Ah yes, I was forgetting SISUs long history of progressive investment, silly me :emoji_hugging:

It staggers me that anyone still clings to this crackpot idea, I'm not saying we will Never end up there,
just that if we do it will be as lowly tenants with limited access to revenues, sound familiar.

I never said it's likely. I said I hope so. There's no chance they will build a bigger stadium just to rent it to us. If a big enough stadium for us was built it would be because we have paid for it

ccfchoi87

You could guarantee if this was a Hoffmann idea everyone against it now would have a different opinion...

Brylowes

I never said it's likely. I said I hope so. There's no chance they will build a bigger stadium just to rent it to us. If a big enough stadium for us was built it would be because we have paid for it
No, nobody mentioned anything about building anything or revenues or anything of the kind,
You just said you hope we end up there 'I just asked why.
Do you really believe SISU will ever build anything?

Brylowes

You could guarantee if this was a Hoffmann idea everyone against it now would have a different opinion...
But I thought Hoffman had an agreement in place at the Ricoh sorted in case by some
Miracle he obtained ownership, so why would he need to consider a non league ground
Up the road.
If we ever end up at the Butts, it will be because it suits SISU not CCFC.

ccfchoi87

No, nobody mentioned anything about building anything or revenues or anything of the kind,
You just said you hope we end up there 'I just asked why.
Do you really believe SISU will ever build anything?

Nope not at all. However in this spat between seppalla and Anne Lucas nothing would surprise I could imagine a new stadium building built just to spite the council. I don't believe it will happen but if it did happen and it was big enough, we owned half and got enough revenue from it, we would be far better off. Anything to get away from wasps, the Ricoh and the council

ccfchoi87

But I thought Hoffman had an agreement in place at the Ricoh sorted in case by some
Miracle he obtained ownership, so why would he need to consider a non league ground
Up the road.
If we ever end up at the Butts, it will be because it suits SISU not CCFC.

When did I say he would consider it? If he had come out with this, people would get behind it.

singers_pore

Nope not at all. However in this spat between seppalla and Anne Lucas nothing would surprise I could imagine a new stadium building built just to spite the council. I don't believe it will happen but if it did happen and it was big enough, we owned half and got enough revenue from it, we would be far better off. Anything to get away from wasps, the Ricoh and the council

So you're imagining things that you don't think will happen. There's a word for that ...

ccfchoi87

So you're imagining things that you don't think will happen. There's a word for that ...

I imagine we will win the champions league, I imagine we'll get promoted from league 2 next season, I imagined George Thomas scoring a screamer at Wembley. Just because you don't think it will happened doesn't mean you can't think about it

Ranjit Bhurpa

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before but I saw it on another forum. There is refurbishment at the Butts Retreat and the licence application is for it to be called Hill's Lounge & Bar. Is this someone gambling on City being at the BPA from next year and cashing in on JH's name?

M3 Licensing Online
Hill's Lounge & Bar might not have any connection to JH. For all we know, it could be Hill83 off here who may have dropped a few quid on the Lotto and decided to open a drinking den.

Brylowes

You do know Ann Lucas lost the leadership of the council some time ago don't you.

Sky Blue Kid

Well we don't know the deal yet but you would assume if we paid to build it we would get 100% football revenue and half of everything else. Which is considerably more than we have now

We know for a fact that CRFC would be majority share holders, and would have the "Say" in every stadium decision.

Grendel

We know for a fact that CRFC would be majority share holders, and would have the "Say" in every stadium decision.

Well we don't but hey ho.

Sky Blue Kid

Well we don't but hey ho.

Wanna bet???

On a CCFC ground share:

“One of the several options at the study stage is having the Sky Blues as tenants here. We have stated in writing that there would be a number of conditions to this, designed to protect Coventry Rugby’s interests, before it could be realised:- any costs associated with the project would not be borne by CRL or BPAL; the issue of primacy of tenancy would have to be resolved to our satisfaction; the pitch would have to meet all requirements of the RFU, the RL and ourselves; CRL would retain control and ownership of the site through BPAL; we prefer a stadium of not more than 12,000 capacity. Also, as I have already stated elsewhere, we will not deal with SISU.”

Users who are viewing this thread