Highlights (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Brilliant run from Sterling. Good finish from Chapman, but it was a little disconcerting to see he was the only forward/City player in the danger area. Maybe illustrates the lack of goals from us, as you would have hoped for at least another striker/midfielder were busting a gut to get in there. Great win, though!

Nick

Administrator
Brilliant run from Sterling. Good finish from Chapman, but it was a little disconcerting to see he was the only forward/City player in the danger area. Maybe illustrates the lack of goals from us, as you would have hoped for at least another striker/midfielder were busting a gut to get in there. Great win, though!
That was the issue all game really, most of the time Chaplin wasn't in the either.

Thankfully that time he was

higgs

Five wins five defeats three draws building another team in the summer I'd take that after 13 games. If we gel more as a team we should have a comfortable season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gibbo

Hiwula should have placed his shot better - went for power. I remain really impressed by Sterling's cool. He looks up twice and checks what his options are. The guy tracking him was knackered at the end which helped

Otis

That was the issue all game really, most of the time Chaplin wasn't in the either.

Thankfully that time he was
I think some have been a little harsh on Chaplin to be quite honest. Saw a few times yesterday posters criticising him for not getting in the box.

To my mind it just seems to be players just not on the same wavelength.

One instance in particular springs to mind (though there were others). I think it was Clarke-Harris who worked his way to the byline. I very much had my eye on Chaplin and his movement and he deliberately hovered on the edge of the penalty area awaiting a pull back. Had JCH done that, Chaplin was unmarked and would have had a clear shot at goal.

Seems to me Chaplin was expecting a pull back and instead JCH put it into the 6 yard box.

They just need to develop an understanding. I don't think it is a fault of Chaplin and is more just down to misunderstanding as to where the ball is going to go.

Happened at least twice where Chaplin made space for himself and was waiting a pull back to the edge of the box.

Otis

giphy.gif

harvey098

What was he holding? It looked like a colostomy bag which is why I thought they were singing about him pissing himself

Users who are viewing this thread