Highlights (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

He’s played well recently no issues there my issue is things like today just clear it being The most senior defender & vice captain trying to take a touch there is asking for trouble.

harvey098

We’ll concede a few more of those goals (in this case penalty) where we get caught at the back but it has to be accepted as part of the way we’re playing this season. It’s risk / reward and the reward has far outweighed the odd goal we’ve conceded by not just “putting your foot through it”.

cc84cov

We’ll concede a few more of those goals (in this case penalty) where we get caught at the back but it has to be accepted as part of the way we’re playing this season. It’s risk / reward and the reward has far outweighed the odd goal we’ve conceded by not just “putting your foot through it”.
There’s a time and a place taking a touch which he mis-controlled leading to a penalty when their player is so close is not the time mate it needed to just go

Nick

Administrator
Lol I said mcfadz should be the one dealing with JCH,I watch all games either live or on ifollow today was radio but the comment was made after seeing him taking that touch before giving the penalty away again,how many had he give away this season ? Let’s see people’s reactions if we get to play off final and end up losing to that lack of concentration
Rose was marking jch

Blind-Faith

Yes he gave the penalty away but he was hung out to dry being put in that position in the first place , if it was Hyam or Rose the same would of most likely happened , he can’t be solely to blame for that first goal.

Evo1883

Also due to the nature of how we play football mistakes will sometimes happen.. I've seen man City fuck up at the back this season a couple times with passes etc it's the only issue with playing out from the back...

cc84cov

Yes he gave the penalty away but he was hung out to dry being put in that position in the first place , if it was Hyam or Rose the same would of most likely happened , he can’t be solely to blame for that first goal.
Marosi & Rose should of cleared it but mcfadz certainly should of again being the senior & more experienced player frustrating he’s conceded so many pens.

cc84cov

Also due to the nature of how we play football mistakes will sometimes happen.. I've seen man City fuck up at the back this season a couple times with passes etc it's the only issue with playing out from the back...
I can’t remember a player giving away so many penalties in a season mate and were only at Xmas he could hit double figures lol my worry is we get to a play off final and it happens

Nick

Administrator
I can’t remember a player giving away so many penalties in a season mate and were only at Xmas he could hit double figures lol my worry is we get to a play off final and it happens
I'm sure you will make judgement from cwr commentary and go on and on whatever happens.

cc84cov

I'm sure you will make judgement from cwr commentary and go on and on whatever happens.
I go to all home games mate if not away it’s ifollow...do you still use your ifollow as a season ticket ? ;)

interested to hear your thoughts on the vice captain most experienced defender giving away so many penalties by Xmas though ?

Nick

Administrator
I go to all home games mate if not away it’s ifollow...do you still use your ifollow as a season ticket ? ;)

interested to hear your thoughts on the vice captain most experienced defender giving away so many penalties by Xmas though ?
You must be watching different games to everybody else then.

Use my ifollow as a season ticket? I don't think printing that off would get me through the turnstiles.

How many have been from hospital balls to him? Wasn't much said about Dabo against Tranmere. Playing like we do at the back will get us into trouble. It's caught other players out too.

cc84cov

You must be watching different games to everybody else then.

Use my ifollow as a season ticket? I don't think printing that off would get me through the turnstiles.

How many have been from hospital balls to him? Wasn't much said about Dabo against Tranmere.
Fair point some have been garbage passes today he mis controlled it,I like mcfadz he’s key to the leadership at the back with hyam & Rose just frustrating when he makes those errors.

Evo1883

Fair point some have been garbage passes today he mis controlled it,I like mcfadz he’s key to the leadership at the back with hyam & Rose just frustrating when he makes those errors.

I know this isn't the words of John Terry but my old man played semi pro as a sweeper at Leicester United and he thinks fadz is an outstanding defender at this level... I'd be concerned if he got a long term injury today

Exit Stage Left

Godden took far too many touches and allowed the goalkeeper to close him down for that last attempt.

You'd think with two hat tricks behind him he'd have the confidence to finish chances like that.

Strange performance from Matt Godden today. He seemed to lack that clinical finishing that we have seen recently. Like you say, after scoring back to back hat-tricks, you would really fancy him to score in that one on one against their keeper. It was almost as if he had too much time to think about it before shooting.

Terry_dactyl

Strange performance from Matt Godden today. He seemed to lack that clinical finishing that we have seen recently. Like you say, after scoring back to back hat-tricks, you would really fancy him to score in that one on one against their keeper. It was almost as if he had too much time to think about it before shooting.
The miss at the start of the second half wasn’t great either.

Nick

Administrator
I know this isn't the words of John Terry but my old man played semi pro as a sweeper at Leicester United and he thinks fadz is an outstanding defender at this level... I'd be concerned if he got a long term injury today
He's played very well the last few games, was Tyler walker even playing against us?

Sky Blue Pete

Keeper stood up so well and lifted his arm to save it.

Evo1883

I don't expect godden to score every match or take his chances every game... For me the Shipley chance was the most straight forward one today...

Godden is in the right areas, and that's the thing that separates him from our other strikers, on another day he would of scored 2, that's football

Sky Blue Pete

I don't expect godden to score every match or take his chances every game... For me the Shipley chance was the most straight forward one today...

Godden is in the right areas, and that's the thing that separates him from our other strikers, on another day he would of scored 2, that's football
Cracking save

harvey098

Godden took far too many touches and allowed the goalkeeper to close him down for that last attempt.

You'd think with two hat tricks behind him he'd have the confidence to finish chances like that.

Are you drunk? He had one touch then hit it. The touch was a good one as well, perfect weight and kept him central to the goal. Probably could have slid the shot rather than dinking it but was a good save.

Users who are viewing this thread