Highfield Group - Will you donate? (1 Viewer)

mds

From Coventry city mad via newsnow http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/League+One/Coventry+City

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bring-coventry-city-fc-home

Bring Coventry City FC home is the slogan.

Asking for donations to buy the club, 50 days to raise £3m?
Who agreed/set the price, is that Sisu`s way out?
What if Sisu want more than £3m?
What happens to donations if the £3m isnt raised?
Makes me think of the "shareholders" and Sisu.
Im a sad old cynic sometimes.

And no i wont, unless its at £2,999,999 and needs my £1

Last edited:

Otis

Well I'll give the £2,999,999, so your quid's in and it's all done and dusted just like that!

Kingokings204

What have we got to lose?

I am seriously considering the £5,000 life season ticket.

One question though...... what happens to our money should we not make £3mil and/or Sisu don't sell?

Kingokings204

Ah just saw it states if it doesn't raise £3mil it will give all monies back but it doesn't state whether if we hit £3mil but club don't accept. I assume monies still given back but doesn't state.

Might be a sisu con internet trick that they need to fund the lawyers bill lol wouldn't surprise me.

Astute

I don't understand the defeatism on here. It would be so easy.

Step 1, get 3m people to donate a quid.

Step 2, get everyone in the UK to donate a quid to pay the SISU debt off.

Can anyone lend me 2 quid?

Sub

This group, which appears nameless and faceless:facepalm: Again really? are we not already owned by a group like this ?:thinking about:

Last edited:

Astute

How much more do you all need to give to run the club after buying it?

I would be happy to make a donation. I would also be happy to make future donations. But I would want to know more.

If the club was run by fans we wouldn't have an excuse for not turning up. Our wage bill is now very low. If it was done right we wouldn't need to fund our club other than in the normal way. But would our club be debt free? Or how much debt and at what interest rate? So how much would the revenue have to be before there was money for the squad and all other expenses?

What would we get for our money if we kept putting money into our club? Would we be doing it to the benefit of the business men who are asking for our help? Would there be shares available in our club again?

Count me in if we get the right answers.

lordsummerisle

I would be happy to make a donation. I would also be happy to make future donations. But I would want to know more.

If the club was run by fans we wouldn't have an excuse for not turning up. Our wage bill is now very low. If it was done right we wouldn't need to fund our club other than in the normal way. But would our club be debt free? Or how much debt and at what interest rate? So how much would the revenue have to be before there was money for the squad and all other expenses?

What would we get for our money if we kept putting money into our club? Would we be doing it to the benefit of the business men who are asking for our help? Would there be shares available in our club again?

Count me in if we get the right answers.

Certainly If I owned and was running the club would aim to make it self-sufficient and be very open and transparent about it.

This is how much income we get from tickets/sponsorship/League/Cups etc.

80% of that pent on rent/utilities/wages/acadamy etc, 20% kept back for contingincies.

The more people that turn up the more that can spent, no "punts" for success, just sustainable growth.

Intend to still have a team with no debt, and able to continue for the future.

Otis

it's all totally legit, trust me.

Checked them out.

Verifications

This person has not yet verified their account with any social networks.

Referrals

None.

Contributions

1. His own. No idea who this 'we' is.

Campaign

Our campaign is aimed at bringing Coventry City FC home to the Ricoh Arena. Stand up and support your club

What more do we need to know? I agree with all that above. Bringing Coventry City home and standing up and also supporting my club. I especially like standing up.

A Google search of The Highfield Road Group CV2 also brings up nothing other than this one single request for money.

I'm off to donate now this very instant!!!

lordsummerisle

it's all totally legit, trust me.

Checked them out.

Verifications

This person has not yet verified their account with any social networks.

Referrals

None.

Contributions

1. His own. No idea who this 'we' is.

Campaign

Our campaign is aimed at bringing Coventry City FC home to the Ricoh Arena. Stand up and support your club

What more do we need to know? I agree with all that above. Bringing Coventry City home and standing up and also supporting my club. I especially like standing up.

A Google search of The Highfield Road Group CV2 also brings up nothing other than this one single request for money.

I'm off to donate now this very instant!!!

That's more due diligence than was ever done on Sisu before they took over.

I'm in!

Astute

I would say that after these last few years most of us fans would be happy for our football club have a more secure financial future than anything else. Depending on the details on any takeover our income would be near the top of the division we are in. No need to spend beyond our means. If us fans could manage to put a competitive team together our attendances would go up. We might even be able to manage a top 6 finish.

_brian_

I'll be honest, I'm tempted to donate £25 to get a free ticket to a home game of my choice! Call me stupid, but for me that's the deal of the century!!!

Sky Blue Kid

This ranks up there with the 3 biggest lies........."The cheque's in the post"...."Trust me, I'm a Doctor".....I promise I won't_ _ _ _ _"...I'll let you finish that one!

Sky Blue Kid

What is the weekly amount of interest of 3 million pounds in the highest interest account? Not Financial Advice: According to Money.co.uk, Barclays Monthly Savings Account offers the highest interest rate at 3.25%. If you start with £3,000,000 in a savings account earning a 3.250% interest rate, compounded annually, after 1 year your savings account will have grown to £3,097,500, of which £3,000,000 is the total of your beginning balance, and £97,500.00 is the total interest earnings. That would be £8,125 monthly or about £2031.25 weekly. Read more http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/what-is...ighest-interest-account/2278401#ixzz2z2HliAJ2 They could afford to drag out, let's say 2 months will £3m in the bank, and give everyone their money back and profit over 16k for doing nothing more than keep the money in the bank for that amount of time...Very clever eh?

shmmeee

If Indegogo is like Kickstarter then there's no actual rules for you to get anything once you've paid. If they hit the target they can just keep the cash claiming "we tried" and there's nothing you can do.

chiefdave

Fan ownership is a non starter for us at the moment, SISU would want way more than could ever be raised.

Looking at this scheme there's a lot of alarm bells ringing for me. If something like this was going to happen surely it would involve the Trust in some way? You certainly wouldn't use a site like this who take a % commision, better off using a trusted local solicitor or accountant who can hold all the money in escrow. The biggest alarm bell is you're not actually buying a share of ownership, more like buying tickets in advance, or worse, making a donation so someone else can fund a bid (or live off the money). And of course nothing screams scam like nobody knowing who is behind it!

duffer

It's pretty remarkable, this. You'd think that if there were a group of businessman involved, they'd at least all chuck a tenner in to get the ball rolling. At the moment there's a solitary £1 donation.

It might be legit, but I'm far from convinced. If you're going to ask for investment, I think you need to say who you are at the very least!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Only a grade A idiot would get financially involved in CCFC....

....For a definition of grade A idiot...look at a list of our previous & current owners & board members since the early 1990's......

all fuckwits to a man!

shmmeee

If Michael had posted the idea on here he'd get the usual head patting responses

Not from me he wouldn't. Anybody trying to buy the club from Sisu complete with debt, and without a clear fan consensus, is an idiot.

Fan ownership is the way forward, but not with the club saddled with this much debt, it would make it impossible.

We're only good to be a billionaire's plaything or for some chancer to take a punt on until that debt goes.

chiefdave

If Michael had posted the idea on here he'd get the usual head patting responses

Depends what he posted wouldn't it? At least we would know who was behind it! If Michael, or anyone else for that matter, posted a scheme that was clear in it's aims and had a viable business plan for the future it would be a lot easier to support than something like this.

crowsnest

"The Highfield Group, are local businessmen preparing a take over bid"

"This is a plea for you not to put that money in the pockets of SISU"

How are they going to buy the club without giving money to SISU?

Skyblue4u

Seems legit, the account is offshore in Nigeria. Oddly enough I won the lotto last week in that country so when the winnings are paid into my bank account next week I'll make a hefty contribution to the cause.

J

Jack Griffin

More serious question, why did cov mad give this publicity without apparently checking it out?

lordsummerisle

Seems legit, the account is offshore in Nigeria. Oddly enough I won the lotto last week in that country so when the winnings are paid into my bank account next week I'll make a hefty contribution to the cause.

I often wonder if there is an honest lawyer in Nigeria who is genuinely trying to give away millions.

He must sit at home scratching his head wondering "Why the hell does nobody want this money, weird".

jimmyhillsfanclub

To be fair if they have a pound then they're already on a par with Hoffman's offer.

If they've got some headed note paper, then they have trumped hoffs offer....

Maybe now they could go on to create an "offer" where they take the match day gate money from the Ricoh, pay some of it to the landlord, keep some of it (just to cover costs, obviously) and not give any back to the club....:whistle:

ccfcway

is this a joke ?

18,000 sign a petition, so how on earth would we get 3 million ?, and even if we did, where does it say SISU will sell for £3 million

lewys33

Where have I heard about an unknown figure asking for the fans to give something up for the good of the club before? hmmmmm ........:thinking about:

They have a twitter account with the cov badge though ......... deffo legit.

Users who are viewing this thread