High Mileage Diesel (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Must admit, I was tempted a few years ago for a Volvo Estate

IMG_6982.JPG

duffer

Must admit, I was tempted a few years ago for a Volvo Estate

IMG_6982.JPG

Needs to be grey, or flat blue if one of the really, really old square ones. With a dog guard and a Labrador in the back, and a holder for your hat. That's what proper Volvos look like. :)

wingy

More pressure coming from the commitee tasked on dealing with pollution today .
Seeking to further hasten the demise of both Petrol and deisel vehicles.
Citing India as an example who are aiming at 2030 ten years earlier than us .

NorthernWisdom

More pressure coming from the commitee tasked on dealing with pollution today .
Seeking to further hasten the demise of both Petrol and deisel vehicles.
Citing India as an example who are aiming at 2030 ten years earlier than us .
How much pollution will be created artificially hastening the obsolescence of vehicles?

Is electric really the direction we should be heading? Has enough thought been given to this? It was only a couple of years ago that diesels were the future, after all!

Will classic cars be allowed after this date? I assume there will be *some* leeway for cars that cover a limited mileage each year? Otherwise, what happens to those examples of an industrial past?

wingy

How much pollution will be created artificially hastening the obsolescence of vehicles?

Is electric really the direction we should be heading? Has enough thought been given to this? It was only a couple of years ago that diesels were the future, after all!

Will classic cars be allowed after this date? I assume there will be *some* leeway for cars that cover a limited mileage each year? Otherwise, what happens to those examples of an industrial past?
In answer to the first bit lots .
My old Saab 900 Turbo was 23 years old when I sold it to the next enthusiast.
My current C70 coupe is 16 and happily doing no more than 4K miles pa, luckily for me I no longer rack up close to 20K pa.

Users who are viewing this thread