Higgs vs CCFC Court Row (4 Viewers)

J

Jack Griffin

Personally i don't think SISU give a shit about this court case and i'm not surprised it was thrown out. It's the JR they want.

It simply sucks money out of the charity.

mark82

Personally i don't think SISU give a shit about this court case and i'm not surprised it was thrown out. It's the JR they want.

Quite. This is small fry in comparison. It's like a pre season friendly.

I don't care so much about which way the decisions go but would have been nice to hear what the witnesses had to say just to try to give a fuller picture. Guess will have to wait for the JR for that now. Imagine arguments will be much the same.

J

Jack Griffin

If the Charity win the case won't they get costs back?

Even if they do get costs, I doubt they will get as much as spent and given the track record SISU have of settling their debts I doubt the charity will ever get paid.

SkyBlue76

Just a bit of light sparring, this one!

I'm not so sure. Why employ so many lawyers if it doesn't mean much to them? They claim they can batter people in the courts - it probably helps attract investors if they can bully their way to whatever goal they are hoping to achieve - but they have been thrown out by judges before and have been thrown out again today.

If they lose the JR as well. Surely it would seriously damage their reputation.

At this rate, they'll get a new reputation for being battered in the courts and not worth investing in.

Godiva

The JR is against CCC not Higgs.
This case may have lifted some information from Higgs to sisu (and into the public domain) that may help sisu in the JR.
If that is true - then I think sisu are happy to pay the £29k plus tip.

SkyBlueCharlie

Even if they do get costs, I doubt they will get as much as spent and given the track record SISU have of settling their debts I doubt the charity will ever get paid.

Deliberate non-payment of a debt can lead to the serving of a Statutory demand and then could be followed up by the issuing of a winding up petition. Biter bit?

chiefdave

I think people are forgetting that it was Higgs that took this to court in the first place not SISU so it's not like its part of some grand master plan to get information.

wingy

This case may have lifted some information from Higgs to sisu (and into the public domain) that may help sisu in the JR.

What Information .

the Judge who granted them the JR has provided the route to that?

SlowerThanPlatt

Sisu's counterclaim dismissed by the judge. Court will hear evidence for Higgs' £29k costs claim over next 2 days. More coming

martcov

They also have to pay their own legal team.

AFCCOVENTRY

Sisu aren't finding out anything new from the court case today. They perfectly know very well who said what and what was signed etc.

Sisu are on their last legs at the club now and hopefully with today going Higgs way and the losing the JR they have nothing left in the tank.

Ultimately it's a very sad scenario to see the clubs name being dragged about by sisu in the courts.

Godiva

I think people are forgetting that it was Higgs that took this to court in the first place not SISU so it's not like its part of some grand master plan to get information.

You don't think sisu would know Higgs had an obligation to bring it to court?

fernandopartridge

What Information .

the Judge who granted them the JR has provided the route to that?

There is nothing in the JR that would mean Higgs would have to reveal any communication between them and the council. I don't think the council are legally obliged to share but then again the documents referred to may be revealed under FOI.

Godiva

They also have to pay their own legal team.

Yes, but I am sure somebody will be quick to say that sisu will sell Wilson to cover that cost.

AFCCOVENTRY

@TheSimonGilbert: Sisu's counterclaim dismissed by the judge. Court will hear evidence for Higgs' £29k costs claim over next 2 days. More coming @covtelegraph

martcov

To me SISU were always and still are the bad guys. Turning up with an army of lawyers with a ridiculously high counter claim against a paltry 29000 claim from a charity. Whatever their supposed real motives are, they are not getting my support. Fees for advice from Tim Fisher!!? I hope they lose and have to pay up here and that the JR gets thrown out as well. These people are not interested in soccer and CCFC is just a pawn in their bigger game. No, I am not an ACL or CCC lover, but I have a thing against bullying, whether in court, in business or on the streets.

Godiva

So why such a big counter claim? was it not to try and scare Higgs and therefore not make it to court?

I don't think so - if Higgs claim is turned down (that is still to be decided!) then sisu would of course try to get as much cost covered as possible.

Rob S

Just been chatting with a few people at the court and about to leave Brum. Will update and answer outstanding questions on the way back to nicer parts of Warwickshire ;)

olderskyblue

There is nothing in the JR that would mean Higgs would have to reveal any communication between them and the council. I don't think the council are legally obliged to share but then again the documents referred to may be revealed under FOI.

But didn't Tim say that he has evidence proving their case? Why does he need more? Blimey, even grendel says he's seen the evidence..... (he may not have used those exact words of course...) :D

Nick

Administrator
To me SISU were always and still are the bad guys. Turning up with an army of lawyers with a ridiculously high counter claim against a paltry 29000 claim from a charity. Whatever their supposed real motives are, they are not getting my support. Fees for advice from Tim Fisher!!? I hope they lose and have to pay up here and that the JR gets thrown out as well. These people are not interested in soccer and CCFC is just a pawn in their bigger game. No, I am not an ACL or CCC lover, but I have a thing against bullying, whether in court, in business or on the streets.

Soccer?????

SlowerThanPlatt

A High Court judge has thrown out a £290,000 claim against The Alan Edward Higgs Charity by Sky Blues owners Sisu on the first day of their long-anticipated High Court battle.

Coventry City's owners had made the counterclaim after the charity had launched a legal action against the hedge fund to recover £29,000 the Higgs Charity said it was owed after the collapse of negotiations to sell its stake in Ricoh Arena operating company ACL.

At the hearing in Birmingham, Mr Justice Leggatt decided there was no implied term of "good faith" in the negotiations between the Higgs Charity and Sisu over the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread