Higgs vs CCFC Court Row (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Can we forget about the sideshow that is the court case, and instead take a moment to appreciate exactly how dirty MMM's wife is?

tisza

@TheSimonGilbert: Contract law being discussed in depth. This is a slow process. Expecting half a day per witness when we get to them. Could be a long trial.
of course it will be if the lawyers get their way - paid by the hour. Sisu's 8 lawyers will be raking it in.

skybluetony176

Evidence already submitted as part of skeleton arguments submitted prior.

All this is about judge being able to make a decision based on that plus AEHC barristers submission this morning.

Sisu QC wants to call PKH and Harris to the stand, judge might not think he needs to hear it.

Evidence submitted so far should still get out in public (inc. Emails)

Everybody wins? 29k to AEHC, emails in the public domain.

Seems to be coming up to final furlong...

another question for you rob, whats your back ground (i dont mean is the court room wood paneled either) you seem a bit more clued up than all of us on whats going on and what it means?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

of course it will be if the lawyers get their way - paid by the hour. Sisu's 8 lawyers will be raking it in.

£20 to £25K a day would be a decent estimate whilst at trial. Could easily be double. Plus preparation.

That's a lot of curried chicken pies at the fabled My Little Pony Arena

Rob S

@TheSimonGilbert: Contract law being discussed in depth. This is a slow process. Expecting half a day per witness when we get to them. Could be a long trial.

There's more than that. Judge still to decide if need for witnesses or decide without = shorter case.

Godiva

Sounds like Sisu lawyers desperate to get witnesses on the stand.

Yes - for now they only have half a victory ... evidence going into public domain.

AJB1983

Belize case something to do with interpretation of contract law and stuff like that.
Belize communications. Without reading into it too much it might be something to do with the various elements that are CCFC/sisu and their various connotations and how it relates to the contract?

Rob S

Judge to give judgement tomorrow on issue (what they've been discussing)

Counter claim disposed!

Godiva

Simon Gilbert ‏@TheSimonGilbert · 4m
Sisu QC says if Higgs had withdrawn from negotiations openly Sisu would not have incurred costs and neither side could have sought costs.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Couple of questions

If the emails etc have not actually been used in the court are they public record? It seems that there has been plenty of legal argument prior to a case actually starting in terms of witnesses and documents. If the case was struck out or simply decided by the judge on the barristers submissions so far then those documents have not been read in court have they? therefore not public record........ which is perhaps why they want witnesses to be questioned

Has the judge accepted a link via beneficial ownership between SISU and SBS&L? because I would think if there is no link then I suspect ARVO, SBS&L and CCFC H will not be able to use the documents unless they are actually used in the court. The case is Higgs vs SISU isn't it?

chiefdave

Judge to give judgement tomorrow on issue (what they've been discussing)

Counter claim disposed!

That sounds like it gone about as badly as it could possibly go for SISU today. Seems like he's close to telling SISU to go away and stop wasting everyones time!

fernandopartridge

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yes - for now they only have half a victory ... evidence going into public domain.

Yeah. But that's all wrong.

Unless they can actually build a case, either here of at JR; then all they will influence is hearts and minds. Which is what they should have done - if they have been mistreated - months if not years ago.

Now, by their own actions, they've backed themselves into a corner. Without victory, we can all see they're buggered; and by definition, so is the football club.

This was always the risky outcome of trying to use a sledgehammer to crack the proverbial - which is way I've always been mystified by those to 'support' it; the move to Sixfields and the fabled stadium, which are all gilding the lily of a disastrous overly-aggressive and self-serving route

kingharvest

Personally i don't think SISU give a shit about this court case and i'm not surprised it was thrown out. It's the JR they want.

Users who are viewing this thread