Higgs vs CCFC Court Row (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

My problem is that everyone states that if Sisu win this will be the case. Not necessarily so. Would much rather see the evidence before forming an opinion.

To be honest, whatever way this and the JR go, it'll do nothing. We've already seen in this thread one tweet taken as evidence for both sides.

It's all just a sideshow. You can't go around chasing after every but of evidence. For most it's not a legal issue, but a moral one and you won't win that with a piece of evidence.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Can a decision be made without all of the evidence? What happens if one side has a deal breaking bit of evidence?

fernandopartridge

Its all about motives.

That statement doesn't say their motive for lending the money was to force a club sale, it just says what might be an outcome of it.

For the council to lend the money with the intention of getting rid of sisu is illegal.

For the council to lend money that might have a knock on effect to sisu isn't illegal.

For the council to have a preferred owner of the football club isn't illegal.

Yes, I've said that in my post if you read it properly.

shmmeee

In a perfect world we'd all love that. In the real world it would depend how you went about it. Guess that is what the JR is to decide.

Yeah, like I say in the "real" world, clubs aren't anything to do with us and we're just customers.

I think the thing that galls people the most about all this is that being so harshly revealed.

Whatever happens, I hope we have a discussion as a country about what clubs are and how to avoid this kind of thing again.

AFCCOVENTRY

@TheSimonGilbert: Sisu QC agrees there's a 'tit for tat element' to this case. Judge points out Higgs is limited at £29k but "sky is the limit" for Sisu

chiefdave

What if they haven't had chance? I'm not saying they have,.just asking how it works

Both sides have had to lay out the basis of their arguement over the last few hours. If you had something that was going to blow the whole case out of the water you'd mention it as early as possible so you could get it all over and done with.

chiefdave

@TheSimonGilbert: Sisu QC agrees there's a 'tit for tat element' to this case. Judge points out Higgs is limited at £29k but "sky is the limit" for Sisu

That's not the best arguement to make in court is it??? If that's the best their squad of legal types could come up with Fisher should be a touch worried!

spider_ricoh

Both sides have had to lay out the basis of their arguement over the last few hours. If you had something that was going to blow the whole case out of the water you'd mention it as early as possible so you could get it all over and done with.

Maybe.

Or maybe you see how the other side deploy their argument and keep that ace in hand to use it at the moment when it will have maximum damage effect.

I suspect if there really was a smoking gun on either side, we wouldn't be in court - it would have been settled long ago.

shmmeee

Am I the only one that doesn't immediately understand the impact of these tweets, or just the only one not admitting it?

chiefdave

So it seems the clause Higgs are claiming under does exist and has a limit (I guess the £29K). Unless there's exemptions written into the clause SISU will be stuffed won't they?

Nick

Administrator

Is that the most Higgs can win is 29k or lose? Same for SISU, they can win "the sky" or lose "the sky"?

Rob S

They keep referring to a case called Belize. The Breaking Bad fan in me finds this amusing

Rob S

Btw, case won't be thrown out. Judge ruling on if he can decide now based on preliminary arguments only with no witnesses

We find out if it ends today or goes on all week

GaryPendrysEyes

Btw, case won't be thrown out. Judge ruling on if he can decide now based on preliminary arguments only with no witnesses

We find out if it ends today or goes on all week

Are we just talking about the Sisu counter case, or the primary Higgs case- or both?

Monners

Yes. Lots of legal people passing things around and rummaging thru files.

I can see the mythical 4000+ pages of emails :)

Is it really as exciting as you are making this seem - you should be a script writer :D Do they wear wigs by the way? (and I don't mean Mr Fisher)

Users who are viewing this thread