Higgs vs CCFC Court Row (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Now over 120,000 views of this thread!

martcov

judge made plain that the criticisms made by Sisu of the Trustees' conduct were "misplaced and unfortunate allegations" = bullshit

dongonzalos

judge made plain that the criticisms made by Sisu of the Trustees' conduct were "misplaced and unfortunate allegations" = bullshit

ymapusy5.jpg

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not going to alter the number of posts of bollocks though!

Anybody there today commentating, who I can just read their past post history, and save myself all the wanky interludes?

Give it a couple of hours NW and Simon Gilbert will have done a summary of everything you need to know

I think Simon has done a really good job in trying to keep us informed and just telling it how it is/was ............ makes a nice change to get balanced reporting

Nick

Administrator
At the price SISU were offering, now we know, are you surprised Higgs had no appetite for conclusion? As for SISU and their motivation, as per just above, it was the council's veto wasnt it? Oh, just realised you said it wasn't...

Don't think i mentioned anything about the council did I? Was the offer rejected or just left to go stale.

If sisu were that out of order, surely they would have been ordered to pay costs? Didn't the judge say they both just left it?

The judge who has seen more evidence than us?

Ps, the past record of you and the people who looked that post sort of puts a downer on it, I don't need a law degree I just think the opposite to you ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

The bigger question:

How does ccfcway feel on his Pompey thread finally being overhauled after years in front?

wingy

This ones for Godiva .

Well I guess that tells us what the package was ,and why the SISU mortgage buyout wilted .

The resulting divisions now In focus ,Higgs expected to sidestep for a Pittance.

Easy to see why they would Veto that one I would say.

Last edited:

Astute

The bigger question:

How does ccfcway feel on his Pompey thread finally being overhauled after years in front?

Does that make our club a bigger fuckfest than Portsmouth?

And with the JR to come you aint seen nuffin yet.

dongonzalos

Give it a couple of hours NW and Simon Gilbert will have done a summary of everything you need to know

I think Simon has done a really good job in trying to keep us informed and just telling it how it is/was ............ makes a nice change to get balanced reporting

Been very refreshing, better than one person lauding themselves. Doing very little investigative journalism. Then getting very defensive when numerous people are pointing out the same floors to their game.

Spionkop

What we've learnt I think is that Sisu are exactly the kind of grasping outfit that the vast majority of City fans think they are. And knew they were long ago.
We've read of lies in court today on their part. CCFC didn't pay the rent? Not Sisu. Really? Mind boggling. Joy knew nothing of this - the hands on lady.
We've read that they threatened and blustered to close the club down, OUR Coventry City FC, if they didn't get their own greedy way. Liquidate it. Yours and my CCFC.
We've discovered they think the 50% share in the Ricoh is worth NOTHING, zero, nil.
But out of the goodness of their hearts they'd pay 2 million pounds.
I wonder where this leaves the Higgs people, Sisu and Allard Way? Our youth set up?
The list of bad things they do against OUR club could go on, but you get the picture.
One of the saddest things to come out of this three day thing, is that there are still people here prepared to give them a hearing, almost sticking up for them.
Just what has to happen before the blinkers come off?
Little wonder Higgs lost patience with Sisu. 6 months to do a deal and they failed to offer Higgs anything.
It confirms that Sisu want the Ricoh for virtually nothing. A Premier League standard football ground, worth what? £60 million maybe.
The Sisu case was thrown out within an hour. Says it all.
I hope they'd get a good kicking at the end today. They deserve it. That was a let down.
On this evidence and the critical appraisal of it that will occur in the media over the next few days, the tide has very much turned against Sisu. Awful bastards that they are. A grasping hedge fund.

dongonzalos

What we've learnt I think is that Sisu are exactly the kind of grasping outfit that the vast majority of City fans think they are. And knew they were long ago.
We've read of lies in court today on their part. CCFC didn't pay the rent? Not Sisu. Really? Mind boggling. Joy knew nothing of this - the hands on lady.
We've read that they threatened and blustered to close the club down, OUR Coventry City FC, if they didn't get their own greedy way. Liquidate it. Yours and my CCFC.
We've discovered they think the 50% share in the Ricoh is worth NOTHING, zero, nil.
I wonder where this leaves the Higgs people, Sisu and Allard Way? Our youth set up?
The list of bad things they do against OUR club could go on, but you get the picture.
One of the saddest things to come out of this three day thing, is that there are still people here prepared to give them a hearing, almost sticking up for them.
Little wonder Higgs lost patience with Sisu. 6 months to do a deal and they failed to offer Higgs anything.
It confirms that Sisu want the Ricoh for virtually nothing. A Premier League standard football ground, worth what? £60 million maybe.
I hope they'd get a good kicking at the end today. They deserve it. That was a let down.
On this evidence and the critical appraisal of it that will occur in the media over the next few days, the tide has very much turned against Sisu. Awful bastards that they are. A grasping hedge fund.

Sometimes when you entrenched yourself in one view so much it is very hard to come back even as it unravels.

Some are brave enough to change direction others just keep plodding on into the crash.

olderskyblue

What have I learnt today?

we don't have as many legal experts on here as I thought.... ;)

Nick

Administrator
Been very refreshing, better than one person lauding themselves. Doing very little investigative journalism. Then getting very defensive when numerous people are pointing out the same floors to their game.

Simon has done himself no harm!

Brighton Sky Blue

Does that make our club a bigger fuckfest than Portsmouth?

And with the JR to come you aint seen nuffin yet.

I've been arguing with a Leicester fan on another forum that the City are worse run than Pompey at this point. He doesn't seem to think that playing in your own city with the club being fan owned is better than being one division higher, playing 35 miles away in front of 1,500 with no end in sight.

Grendel

My mate fish should be on a fortune in royalties tonight.

NorthernWisdom

The artist known as JimmyHillsbeard kind of summed up all I need to know I suspect, over on (GMK)

JimmyHillsbeard said:
Cognitive dissonance the only winner today - plenty of evidence on both sides to support the claim that the other have been shabby and underhand.

If you hated SISU before this case, there's nothing to change your mind; if you thought that CCC and ACL (and maybe even Higgs) had played a role in making our club untenable as a going concern there's enough evidence here to reaffirm your view.

MKH sums up Joy's business approach; PWKH reveals himself to be prone to some rather smug sophistry about semi-deflated balloons.

SISU distanced themselves from "football club" today; Higgs from CCC yesterday.

SISU counter-claim dismissed yesterday. Higgs' claim not supported today.

Shall we call it a draw, and reconvene for the bigger event later?

Rob S

Well the conference turned out to be fun. Free drinks now :)

As for the main event... well, I did try to warn you.

Not wanting to stir it up but I think there's some people who want to stick to their guns no matter what.

I've said all along this is a shared responsibility and as uncomfortable as it might be, one side can't take all the blame.

Ultimately, we all need to work out a SOLUTION rather than just back one side to win.

PUSB

Brighton Sky Blue

The artist known as JimmyHillsbeardkind of summed up all I need to know I suspect, over on (GMK)

Shall we call it a draw, and reconvene for the bigger event later?

The Higgs have never associated themselves with the Council on any other basis than holding joint shares in ACL, so I'd disagree with part of his analysis. Also not sure where he gets the idea that ACL had a hand in making the club untenable from as it was SISU's inactivity on the negotiations that encouraged them to look elsewhere. The council, on the other hand...

NorthernWisdom

The Higgs have never associated themselves with the Council on any other basis than holding joint shares in ACL, so I'd disagree with part of his analysis. Also not sure where he gets the idea that ACL had a hand in making the club untenable from as it was SISU's inactivity on the negotiations that encouraged them to look elsewhere. The council, on the other hand...

He doesn't actually make a judgement one way or another...

Brighton Sky Blue

Well the conference turned out to be fun. Free drinks now :)

As for the main event... well, I did try to warn you.

Not wanting to stir it up but I think there's some people who want to stick to their guns no matter what.

I've said all along this is a shared responsibility and as uncomfortable as it might be, one side can't take all the blame.

Ultimately, we all need to work out a SOLUTION rather than just back one side to win.

PUSB

The obvious solution is to unite the club with the stadium. That has always been the solution but we have two parties too wrapped up in personal feuds and oneupmanship to arrive at it.

Users who are viewing this thread