Higgs reason for sale to Wasps false pretences? (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

So Tim says that he isn't unhappy about not getting the Ricoh and you are still looking for someone else to blame for everything that has happened. What you do most of the time is make out that someone has said something that they haven't by twisting their words whilst saying that you don't have to say anything against SISU as you have said in the past that they have been bad for our club. Yeah right.

Keep up with your veiled insults. Keep up with blaming everyone but SISU if it keeps you happy. Most of us know what has caused all of this shit. SISU didn't start it all. But they are the ones that have lost us the Ricoh with their underhand tactics. Yes CCC have fucked our clubs future up. But they are not the ones to blame for everything.

I'm glad you've learned your new name.

I've never ever not blamed SISU. They are the second worst owners the club has ever had. Not that it excuses the other cunts in the story a share of the blame. The thing is, some of the drivel written on here does continually make excuses for other parties whilst blaming everything on SISU.

Astute

I've never ever not blamed SISU. They are the second worst owners the club has ever had. Not that it excuses the other cunts in the story a share of the blame. The thing is, some of the drivel written on here does continually make excuses for other parties whilst blaming everything on SISU.

I blame them for our club not owning the Ricoh Fern. Litigation and not wanting to negotiate was always going to end up badly for our club.

So how come that Wasps have got the Ricoh cheaply but it wouldn't have been a good thing for SISU to have taken on the loan?

Samo

I agree with you wholeheartedly but must you name call like a 10 year old?

Godiva

I blame them for our club not owning the Ricoh Fern. Litigation and not wanting to negotiate was always going to end up badly for our club.

So how come that Wasps have got the Ricoh cheaply but it wouldn't have been a good thing for SISU to have taken on the loan?

Thing is - without the rent strike, without the litigations Higgs would still look to get the formula price (approx. £8m) and CCC wouldn't look to sell.
The club would still pay an exorbitant high rent with very little match day revenue.
There's a reason ACL has been sold at the price it was sold at.

Grendel

I agree with you wholeheartedly but must you name call like a 10 year old?

If you are talking to 10 year olds your patience does start to be tested.

Chief Dave experienced the idiot brigade yesterday -- it's really tiresome

Samo

If you are talking to 10 year olds your patience does start to be tested.

Chief Dave experienced the idiot brigade yesterday -- it's really tiresome

Again, I agree wholeheartedly and and I've have my own run ins as you know. I just don't think Astute should be called names anymore than you should.

skybluetony176

The railway is a branch line. It's not a gateway into Coventry. The Novotel nearby is rarely full.

The arena currently has events on a regular basis. Are there going to be even more now it's Wasps home?

Its a branch line that links 2 main lines IIRC so its possibly a gateway from 2 different regions. Then there is the M6 (north) which has easy links to the M1 (north and south), A14 (east), M42 (straight across the midlands) and not too far from the M5 (west). 1 change at Coventry and you're on your way to Birmingham airport. Its location is key and very under utilised as of yet.

And yes there will be more events on at the Ricoh now Wasps own it. Their home games if nothing else.

Astute

Thing is - without the rent strike, without the litigations Higgs would still look to get the formula price (approx. £8m) and CCC wouldn't look to sell.
The club would still pay an exorbitant high rent with very little match day revenue.
There's a reason ACL has been sold at the price it was sold at.

Which is what negotiations would have been about. I agree that SISU had to do something. But litigation and refusing to talk was not the way to go. Joy also refused to talk when better offers came in.

Astute

Again, I agree wholeheartedly and and I've have my own run ins as you know. I just don't think Astute should be called names anymore than you should.

Thanks but don't worry. If you can't take childish name calling you shouldn't go on a forum :)

chiefdave

How was it secure and doing well ? It was just ticking over.
You seem to pick up on anyone's comments and make it out as mainstream.

CCC & Higgs repeatedly stated it was doing fantastically well without CCFC and was projected to do better and better.

So effectively SISU managed to drive a local charity out of their support for local sports as Higgs have now said they're focusing on the arts.

Convenient that Higgs decide to not have anything to do with sport anymore right after SISU suggest a joint venture community initiative.

So Tim says that he isn't unhappy about not getting the Ricoh and you are still looking for someone else to blame for everything that has happened.

So everything Fisher says is untrue unless it's something that supports your viewpoint? I believe very very little of what he says but what we you really expecting him to say here? "I completely fucked it up and Joy is furious, we've no idea what to do now, the club is screw and it's all my fault"

torchomatic

That has always been the case though. Not just with Astute, to be fair, but to a lot of posters on here. Fisher either tells despicable lies or the terrible truth depending on the argument.

So everything Fisher says is untrue unless it's something that supports your viewpoint? I believe very very little of what he says but what we you really expecting him to say here? "I completely fucked it up and Joy is furious, we've no idea what to do now, the club is screw and it's all my fault"

Samo

That has always been the case though. Not just with Astute, to be fair, but to a lot of posters on here. Fisher either tells despicable lies or the terrible truth depending on the argument.

Seen this over and over - He only lies when his mouth is open we are told... and then he is quoted endlessly when it suits. Laughable really.

Grendel

I think this is the quote from The Times, he isn't talking about the land as the property asset, he's talking about Wasps. So either he's said exactly the same answer to the Cov Telegraph about the land as well, or the Telegraph have reported out of context.

"I mention that some Wasps fans believe he bought their club solely to acquire an undervalued property asset. “I’m not a property developer, I’ve never developed anything in my life".

Given the fact the company that owns the arena is stockpiled with debt (£17 million I believe before the ACL deal) I hardly think its going to be developing anything do you?

Godiva

Which is what negotiations would have been about. I agree that SISU had to do something. But litigation and refusing to talk was not the way to go. Joy also refused to talk when better offers came in.

The point is that sisu/ccfc would never have been offered a deal similar to the Wasps deal. Even with negotiations and paying rent (being nice and behaving in a respectful manner)the value of ACL would never have been reduced to what it is today (or a couple of months ago). And with the higher value the combined revenue (ACL+CCFC) would not have been enough to justify a purchase. It would overall be a loss making combination.
They came up with the idea of having YB take a hit on their loan - in stead it ended up being Higgs and CCC paying the price.

Still the price Wasps paid may yet be too high. What happens when CCFC moves out? Will ACL then be able to service the loan to CCC?

Otis

I think this will be a very quite thread in which very few of our council loving colleagues participate.

More egg splattered on their faces.

To be quite honest, I think most of us are bloody sick to the back teeth of 'council loving' 'Sisu apologist' tags being thrown around ad nauseum.

It is all very tiresome and laborious. I don't think anyone loves the council and I don't think anyone loves Sisu. As per usual, the reality is somewhere in the middle. You will always get one or two who will buck the trend and be rather blinkered in their views, but if you ask everyone outright, 'Do you think the council has done no wrong at all in this saga?' the answer will undoubtedly be a no. The council of course have made mistakes.

By the same token we all know that no-one is saying Sisu have done no wrong.

The whole thing is getting really tiresome now and I can well see why threads are going quiet. Same old, same old ..... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I frequent less on here these days. It is really becoming dull and mind numbing.

Grendel

To be quite honest, I think most of us are bloody sick to the back teeth of 'council loving' 'Sisu apologist' tags being thrown around ad nauseum.

It is all very tiresome and laborious. I don't think anyone loves the council and I don't think anyone loves Sisu. As per usual, the reality is somewhere in the middle. You will always get one or two who will buck the trend and be rather blinkered in their views, but if you ask everyone outright, 'Do you think the council has done no wrong at all in this saga?' the answer will undoubtedly be a no. The council of course have made mistakes.

The whole thing is getting really tiresome now and I can well see why threads are going quiet. Same old, same old ..... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I frequent less on here these days. It is really becoming dull and mind numbing.

I would say its been the most interesting day on here for years!

lifelongcityfan

I totally agree with the sentiment here. all we see on here is the same old debates by the same old people.. it is really getting quite depressing.

some will say why do you bother; its a bit like the football on offer when people criticise whats on show, people say well f off if you are not interested. Sadly I am interested in both this site and the football...but both are becoming more depressing to endure.

At some point i will give up and move on. We all need SISU to be straight about the future and also invest ( that means new investment - not just paying wages) before things turn.

I also think we have lost a lot of fans for good and this trend will continue. Also ,many having bought ST this season will not bother next.

Last edited:

Rusty Trombone

Given the fact the company that owns the arena is stockpiled with debt (£17 million I believe before the ACL deal) I hardly think its going to be developing anything do you?

If I was forced into a guess I'd say they would develop, but like you I've no facts either way. Just because you have debt doesn't mean you don't develop, in fact you may well take on debt to develop, an intelligent man like you must know that.

This thread though was about the suggestion that he said something at odds with someone else, but I believe the op may have accidentally mismatched the quotes.

Grendel

If I was forced into a guess I'd say they would develop, but like you I've no facts either way. Just because you have debt doesn't mean you don't develop, in fact you may well take on debt to develop, an intelligent man like you must know that.

This thread though was about the suggestion that he said something at odds with someone else, but I believe the op may have accidentally mismatched the quotes.

I don't - he has no fucking intention of developing and you'd be an idiot if you think he dies. Hedge funds don't develop - end of.

Rusty Trombone

Still the price Wasps paid may yet be too high. What happens when CCFC moves out? Will ACL then be able to service the loan to CCC?

CCFC aren't contributing much to ACL at the moment though, the rent is £100k isn't it, then they will presumably get parking and F&B money. I can't see this money being the make or break for ACL now.

wingy

So everything Fisher says is untrue unless it's something that supports your viewpoint? I believe very very little of what he says but what we you really expecting him to say here? "I completely fucked it up and Joy is furious, we've no idea what to do now, the club is screw and it's all my fault"[/QUOTE]

Yeah pretty much followed by " I Resign".

Astute

I can't think of anything he has said that was the undoubted truth other than when he said we were moving out of Coventry......and I didn't believe him then either. Most of what he says is about this new stadium that we don't have any proof of. And each time things start looking up he says the same again.

Gazolba

Seems Higgs for many years were saying that whoever was top buy their share of ACL would have to be willing to redevelop the rest of the area too(Though never realised why it should be the job of the football club to do that). and stated this as a reason for selling their share to Wasps.

If someone owns something, they can sell it to whoever they want and they don't have to give a reason. And being disingenuous is not a crime.

Gazolba

Well now you've put 'end of', I guess that's that.

Never could understand the point of that expression. Just use a period, that has been it's purpose for decades. I've used three of them here.

Users who are viewing this thread