Heres a toughie (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

So it seems well be back home on better and longer terms than we have had before (otherwise why go back?)

Also, doesn't this justify the St Andrews move in a way? Wasps clearly in distress now all of a sudden the EU complaint ' doesn't matter'. And of course, we won promotion playing there.

So here's my question to you all

If we stay up, could it not be said that SISU have actually put us in a better position than they found us?

hinckley cov

So it seems well be back home on better and longer terms than we have had before (otherwise why go back?)

Also, doesn't this justify the St Andrews move in a way? Wasps clearly in distress now all of a sudden the EU complaint ' doesn't matter'. And of course, we won promotion playing there.

If we stay up, could it not be said that SISU have actually put us in a better position than they found us?
No we were at the Ricoh and not sharing it with insects

shepardo01

Outwardly, possibly yes - provided we start the season in the Championship (fingers crossed!)
But - we do not know the full financial picture of, let's say their first quarter i/c compared to now (Start of next season)
Obviously we have sank in many ways, to then get back to this possible position....

Magwitch1

Really !! Are we in our current position because of Wasps or the fact sisu have denied MR a decent competitive budget despite being in receipt of a few million quid in transfer money.

shmmeee

Also lol at “shows Wasps are desperate”.

Yeah, us coming back with our tail betweenour legs and giving Wasps what they asked for with a long term deal really shows them. 😂😂

Terry Gibson's perm

Yeah, us coming back with our tail betweenour legs and giving Wasps what they asked for with a long term deal really shows them. 😂😂

They seemed to move the biggest stumbling block they haven’t done that out of the goodness of their heart, I would think most sporting clubs are really feeling the pinch.

Saddlebrains

Explain why the EU complaint which they openly stated was the issue last time, is no longer an issue?

Theyve had fuck all income in that place for the last 12 months bar Slam Transport using Car Park C.

No way in this world we went with tail between our legs

shmmeee

Where have you seen we’ve given them what they asked for and they’ve not moved on our demands?

10 year deal rumoured. Long term was one of Wasps asks at the start and we refused because “we’re building a stadium” (we wanted to try and distress Wasps).

Also by all accounts we pulled out of an agreed deal last time so it was always on us to come back.

shmmeee

Explain why the EU complaint which they openly stated was the issue last time, is no longer an issue?

Theyve had fuck all income in that place for the last 12 months bar Slam Transport using Car Park C.

No way in this world we went with tail between our legs

The EU complaint wasnt the issue last summer. That was repeatedly stated. That’s why they started talks.

If you’re going to stick to the Sisu line you should be talking about the indemnity remember? The one Wasps always refused to agree existed?

Sick Boy

Look, I’m just glad Sisu have seen sense. If people here want to get a stiffie about getting one over on much hated Wasps then crack on. The arguments are boring.

Here’s to 30k first home game next season.
Both sides are desperate and have seen sense, not just SISU.

Saddlebrains

Look, I’m just glad Sisu have seen sense. If people here want to get a stiffie about getting one over on much hated Wasps then crack on. The arguments are boring.

Il have you know I haven't had a stiffy for weeks

peaches and cream

Does anybody on here actually know the details of this agreement? I think the answer to that is no yet comments are being made that you're coming back on better terms and Wasps have given ground, to make matters worse your arguing between yourselves about it when nobody knows the facts. I think its sensibly to agree that both sides believe they have a reasonable outcome from this or it wouldn't have happened. instead of arguing just rejoice in the fact that you will be able to watch your team in Coventry. as one Wasps fan i genuinely wish you every success and hope you can flourish.

fatso

I've no idea if this is part of the reason, BUT, could our return have anything to do with our withdrawal from the EU and no longer being under the jurisdiction of the European court of appeal?
Just a thought.

Londonccfcfan

Be lucky to get 18k home fans even if theres no covid restrictions.

The die hard 6k that went St Andrews will be there plus about another 10k. Following game dropping back to a decentish 12-14k home fans max.

The only scenario where we average 20k next season is if we are fighting for top 6 finish.

Losing every other week is soul destroying enough watching on telly.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It would be great if we agreed acess to any new stadium sponsorship deal.

And new shirt sponsorship, ie the same as the stadium sponsorship.

Evo1883

Yes ofcourse we will be in a better position... But the way we've gone about it has been horrifying

Users who are viewing this thread