here we go... (4 Viewers)

bigfatronssba

The Gentleman

If, and it's a huge if, SISU have evidence that something untoward has occurred during this deal I absolutely want them to carry on with legal action, I want them to win it and I want the end result to be Wasps buggering off back to London. If they have nothing then they absolutely should not even be considering legal action and should be concentrating on building a relationship with Wasps.

Of course if we just look at past history with SISU this is very much wishful thinking. But for all we know something has gone on, looking on from outside it doesn't look all on the up and up to me. That's just a gut feeling of course, I don't have access to anything that could back that up with evidence but if it has happened then I certainly don't want a shrug of the shoulders and everyone getting away with selling our stadium out from under us on the cheap, I want some action to put things right.

I remember how Sisu kept banging on about the 'evidence' they had for the JR and how they would expose all in the case. Sadly, we (including les Reid) are all still waiting so I think I know where my money would be going. Do you really think that something untoward has go on with the Wasps deal after all the crap Sisu have tried to drag up about dodgy dealings. It would be worse than political suicide for the CCC to pull something knowing that Sisu would likely bring something to court.

To me this is another waste of time and money (which could be better spent on the team) and your theory is based on nothing but a gut feeling. Well, one thing is for sure, this is going to make CCFC's life as tenants of Wasp's a damn site worse.

I'm actually beginning to think that Sisu think they are just playing with monopoly money and they are all suffering with mental illnesses.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Nothing will be proven. If Sisu are going to claim the stadium was sold on the cheap, and throw the state aid accusations around again they are onto a loser. After the loan leading to the JR CCC will have made sure the legality of this sale is watertight.

I don't really understand law, maybe it undermines there appeal against the judicial review verdict if they don't file papers against it?

I doubt SISU have a case and its just going to be another waste of time.

Grendel

Really?
Any chance of building a relationship is diminishing and we are heading for the door. Mark my words.
I'm asking for a refund on my tickets.

Oh fuck off you attention seeking twat.

oldfiver

I remember how Sisu kept banging on about the 'evidence' they had for the JR and how they would expose all in the case. Sadly, we (including les Reid) are all still waiting so I think I know where my money would be going. Do you really think that something untoward has go on with the Wasps deal after all the crap Sisu have tried to drag up about dodgy dealings. It would be worse than political suicide for the CCC to pull something knowing that Sisu would likely bring something to court.

To me this is another waste of time and money (which could be better spent on the team) and your theory is based on nothing but a gut feeling. Well, one thing is for sure, this is going to make CCFC's life as tenants of Wasp's a damn site worse.

I'm actually beginning to think that Sisu think they are just playing with monopoly money and they are all suffering with mental illnesses.

CCC applied to Court to have certain of the information not revealed because it was classified information

They like using terms like business confidentiality , classified etc

Kingokings204

If, and it's a huge if, SISU have evidence that something untoward has occurred during this deal I absolutely want them to carry on with legal action, I want them to win it and I want the end result to be Wasps buggering off back to London. If they have nothing then they absolutely should not even be considering legal action and should be concentrating on building a relationship with Wasps.

Of course if we just look at past history with SISU this is very much wishful thinking. But for all we know something has gone on, looking on from outside it doesn't look all on the up and up to me. That's just a gut feeling of course, I don't have access to anything that could back that up with evidence but if it has happened then I certainly don't want a shrug of the shoulders and everyone getting away with selling our stadium out from under us on the cheap, I want some action to put things right.

Dave just to confirm this legal action is just standard procedure and this is nothing to do with being a fresh case. It's just going through the motions as they say.

This action will result in nothing and sisu know this but they have to act in the right way for their business.

Kingokings204

I don't think we should be as mad as we are here. Some posters seem to think this is a fresh case but I believe this not to be the case it's just standard procedure in relation to the JR appeal. Nothing will come of this.

italiahorse

I don't think we should be as mad as we are here. Some posters seem to think this is a fresh case but I believe this not to be the case it's just standard procedure in relation to the JR appeal. Nothing will come of this.

Is it the JR phase 3 or the Higgs 50% phase 1 ?

bigfatronssba

Sale to Wasps though cannot be used in the JR. Only things that happened before January 2013 can be used as evidence.

Kingokings204

Is it the JR phase 3 or the Higgs 50% phase 1 ?

Good question. I'm no lawyer obviously but it seems to be standard procedure.

Think of it this way. Only 2 months ago wasps bought the Ricoh and there is never in a million years would ccc and Higgs sell off ACL to wasps if there was any possible way sisu could take them to court and win.

Just had a JR that cost nearly 1 mil in the summer so they know sisu very well. They would take no chances whatsoever with any sale. Wasps now own the Ricoh and this won't change. Sadly ccfc don't own it although I still hold out hope within 5 years of gaining 50% of wasps like us need to raise the capital that's if we part with a fair sum this is assuming.

Kingokings204

Sale to Wasps though cannot be used in the JR. Only things that happened before January 2013 can be used as evidence.

“This step has been taken as a precautionary measure to safeguard Coventry City FC’s position in relation to the outstanding legal appeal."

Comercially, it is the right thing to do and is necessary to protect the club’s position as a tenant in Coventry.

“It also ensures that all the outstanding legal action reaches its natural conclusion.”

Maybe there is something sisu know we don't. Doubt it. I still think and from the quote it's just going through the motions. Expect this to wind down to a full stop sometime next year well I hope so anyway.

Last edited:

The Gentleman

CCC applied to Court to have certain of the information not revealed because it was classified information

Oh look everyone, the smoking gun. Jesus christ man.

Nick, now CCC have fuck all to do with CCFC can we do a seperate thread like the Wasps one where people who still believe this shit can type until their fingers get sore because it is boring.

chiefdave

Dave just to confirm this legal action is just standard procedure and this is nothing to do with being a fresh case. It's just going through the motions as they say.

We've been told over and over again the the JR appeal can only consider the originally presented evidence, i.e.: did the judge make the wrong decision based on the available evidence. Is that not correct because if it is I'm struggling to see how they're now including anything relating to the sale to Wasps?

Kingokings204

We've been told over and over again the the JR appeal can only consider the originally presented evidence, i.e.: did the judge make the wrong decision based on the available evidence. Is that not correct because if it is I'm struggling to see how they're now including anything relating to the sale to Wasps?

Yes i understand.

Read the sisu quotes on this http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-owners-launch-further-8320647

They are just doing what's needed to do the legal side properly.

chiefdave

Do you really think that something untoward has go on with the Wasps deal after all the crap Sisu have tried to drag up about dodgy dealings.

In my opinion something is being hidden. Of course that doesn't' mean anything illegal has been done. The speed at which we went from the proposed sale being made public to it being completed was far too quick for my liking and ever since then it's been 'can't say, confidential'.

From CCC / Higgs side I would have expected the proposed sale to be made public followed by a period of consultation during which the likes of CCFC, CRFC and the population of the city could make their views known. Additionally during this time SISU could have entered their own offer. To me that is the correct procedure for a major discoid such as this when the seller is supposed to represent the people of the city. From a Wasps point of view I wouldn't have gone near completing until all the legal process with SISU and the JR had been completed.

There's other little things, we went practically overnight from reports that lots of councillors were going to vote against to a unanimous vote, what happened there? CCC said CRFC had been fully consulted they said they knew nothing about it etc.

Something just doesn't seem right, the timing of us coming back included. As I say doesn't mean anything illegal has happened but certainly appears something is being hidden.

The Gentleman

I'm actually beginning to think that Sisu think they are just playing with monopoly money and they are all suffering with mental illnesses.[/QUOTE]

images

Sisu's last board meeting

bigfatronssba

“This step has been taken as a precautionary measure to safeguard Coventry City FC’s position in relation to the outstanding legal appeal."

Comercially, it is the right thing to do and is necessary to protect the club’s position as a tenant in Coventry.

“It also ensures that all the outstanding legal action reaches its natural conclusion.”

Maybe there is something sisu know we don't. Doubt it. I still think and from the quote it's just going through the motions. Expect this to wind down to a full stop sometime next year well I hope so anyway.

I don't disagree with your reasoning, just that if Sisu are hoping to use Wasps as evidence in the JR then I think they are on to a loser.

Kingokings204

I don't disagree with your reasoning, just that if Sisu are hoping to use Wasps as evidence in the JR then I think they are on to a loser.

Yes agree but with sisu you never know what these clowns are thinking. Maybe further away to Luton perhaps as Northampton wasn't far enough away?

Kingokings204

What legal process are they following then? If no new evidence can be entered what are they submitting? That's what I'm not understanding.

Yes completely agree and understand. They obviously know more than us even if they don't show it all the time. Sisu have never against all their legal action against what seems like everyone. I don't dont believe they have won 1 case. I mean what chance as ccfc fans do we have really?

bigfatronssba

Yes completely agree and understand. They obviously know more than us even if they don't show it all the time. Sisu have never against all their legal action against what seems like everyone. I don't dont believe they have won 1 case. I mean what chance as ccfc fans do we have really?

I do think though this could be a case of them pretending they know more than us. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just them trying to bully Wasps into getting a good long term rental deal.

The tactics that didn't work against everyone else might now be heading for Wasps.

SkyblueBazza

I'm anti wasps and sick of the cheerleading for them on here but our owners don't half make it easy for some people to turn there back on the football and join the wasps bandwagon.
What cheerleading is that? I thought I was pretty much lone voice with my "good luck to them" stance. I mean I don't feel for wasps at all. I believe that those who support Coventry RFC & people from all over can choose freely to go watch them if they so wish...you know like most of us chose to not go to Sickfields.
The positives for me could be a jointly owned Wasps & CCFC - as in with owners that actually seem determined to make the club a success...because they're definitely looking to make Wasps a bigger success. They're also appearing to be distressing SISU...who might happily offload the club for a discounted price. If they decided to buy CCFC too...There is our stadium & income stream all rolled into one. They might just go on to make us the top Midlands club for generations.
What's to object to?

Wheelfass

The positives for me could be a jointly owned Wasps & CCFC - as in with owners that actually seem determined to make the club a success...because they're definitely looking to make Wasps a bigger success. They're also appearing to be distressing SISU...who might happily offload the club for a discounted price. If they decided to buy CCFC too...There is our stadium & income stream all rolled into one. They might just go on to make us the top Midlands club for generations.
What's to object to?
My sentiments also SBB. In Fact I can't see many other options open for any escape from this dark and dingy nadir that we are hurriedly sinking into. There has to be a change coming soon because our very survival depends on a change.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What cheerleading is that? I thought I was pretty much lone voice with my "good luck to them" stance. I mean I don't feel for wasps at all. I believe that those who support Coventry RFC & people from all over can choose freely to go watch them if they so wish...you know like most of us chose to not go to Sickfields.
What's to object to?

Your not a lone voice, many Coventry fans have already bought their ticket for Sundays game.

Covstar

My first reaction on hearing the news was to laugh. I'm laughing because SISU would rather focus on Courtroom Battles (which they have lost every time but try and try till you succeed and all that ) than actually running a football club and make this club look like a massive joke. They have distanced themselves from every organisation they have had to work with and now this trick that they have pulled wont win any brownie points with our new landlords either. Is there anyone else left for them to take court action against? No good can come out of this latest saga and unfortunately Coventry City as a club continues to deteriorate into oblivion.

SISU, quite possibly will be frontrunners for ''The Top 5 worst owners of a football club in the world'' TV show if there ever was one.

oscillatewildly

Does this latest challenge by sisu mean that wasps (or at least their contractors) can't legally (?) over torque the fixings on the newly sited signage? Not suggesting anything, like. Just wondering :whistle:

martcov

a bit like when it comes to naming the site of the new stadium..... Sorry, that is SISU

Nick

Administrator
a bit like when it comes to naming the site of the new stadium..... Sorry, that is SISU

However when SISU do it they are hiding things but when the council do it, it is just standard business isn't it? Both shady.

martcov

However when SISU do it they are hiding things but when the council do it, it is just standard business isn't it? Both shady.

Er no.... When SISU do it, they are hiding the fact that they don't have the "things" that SISU say they have. When the council do it, they are hiding the things that SISU say they, CCC, apparently have. If you get what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread