Here we go again on the radio phone in (1 Viewer)

Otis

'We played really well in the first half today.'

'Were you there today Ricky?'

'No. I listened to the game on the radio.'

:whistle::(

Otis

Don't want to rip into the guy but he has been on the radio a fair few times over the last few seasons and the amount of times he says he wasn't at the game is quite notable.

Paxman II

That guy just summed it up nicely for me...and i wasn't there!

...ohh hang on Clarke out? Yes i said Christie should have been in myself as Clarke is not playing well.

Otis

I have CWR on while I am watching the City play at the Ricoh and the amount of stuff thecommentators get wrong and also call wrong is quite astounding at times.

RichieGunns

Facebook is the same...

Some idiot on the Sky Blue FB saying we played poorly for most of the game.

What is their problem?

Yeh we let a two goal lead slip but it was due to very unfortunate circumstances (Fleck and Wood being injured) and In all honesty Swindon are a very very good team!

5 game unbeaten run
6 goals scored
4 conceded!
2 wins
3 draws!

I call that some very positive stats and im not gonna start jumping on the teams back because of one unfortunate game where we should have won it but had a lot going against us!

The fact they kept trying to find that winning goal shows how much their mentality has changed in the time Robins has been here!

PUSB!

stupot07

Facebook is the same...

What is these peoples problem?

Yeh we let a two goal lead slip but it was due to very unfortunate circumstances (Fleck and Wood being injured) and In all honesty Swindon are a very very good team!

5 game unbeaten run
6 goals scored
4 conceded!
2 wins
3 draws!

I call that some very positive stats and im not gonna start jumping on the teams back because of one unfortunate game where we should have won it but had a lot going against us!

The fact that kept trying to find that winning goal shows how much their mentality has changed in the time Robins has been here!

PUSB!

You came have positive stats and play poorly. We could have easily have lost today, and vs Oldham and Mk Dons, and only got a draw against Bournemouth.

Ccfc1979

Facebook is the same...

What is their problem?

5 game unbeaten run
6 goals scored
4 conceded!
2 wins
3 draws!

The fact they kept trying to find that winning goal shows how much their mentality has changed in the time Robins has been here!

PUSB!

Agree with every word. What is this macabre infatuation with Cov fans to almost thrive on negativity?!? That is the single biggest things holding the club back. An insistence on not letting the past go. And using any tenuous, false excuse to not go to matches.

RichieGunns

You came have positive stats and play poorly. We could have easily have lost today, and vs Oldham and Mk Dons, and only got a draw against Bournemouth.

Very true stupot but id rather have wins and draws while playing poorly than losses while playing brilliantly!

RichieGunns

Agree with every word. What is this macabre infatuation with Cov fans to almost thrive on negativity?!? That is the single biggest things holding the club back. An insistence on not letting the past go. And using any tenuous, false excuse to not go to matches.

I'll freely admit that im one of the people who can't go to matches but that is down to my personal financial situation than to me not wanting to go.

Believe me I want to go and once my new job is underway in November, ill be going as much as i can!

But my point is this, you don't need to go to the matches to have a positive attitude about the team.

I turn off the radio once the match is done because I hate listening to the idiots who phone in.

I don't ring in because i wasn't at the match so i have no right to!

I wish these idiots who ring in would come to the same opinion and let the fans who actually have the money to go, give their opinions.

They have seen the match up close and personal and are the most qualified to give an opinion!

Otis

How does that argument stand up? If Fleck was your best performer and you have to replace him with someone not quite so good.

Replacing Messi with someone else is only player for player isn't it I suppose using that logic!

stupot07

How does that argument stand up? If Fleck was your best performer and you have to replace him with someone not quite so good.

Replacing Messi with someone else is only player for player isn't it I suppose using that logic!

Tbf Otis, Robins did have the next 'Gareth Bale' to bring on as his replacement. ;)

@richh87

It's very disappointing from 2 goals up - but I can't say why it happened as I wasn't there.

It's a good point, and if we'd come from 2 goals down i'd be really happy.

Ccfc1979

I'll freely admit that im one of the people who can't go to matches but that is down to my personal financial situation than to me not wanting to go.

Believe me I want to go and once my new job is underway in November, ill be going as much as i can!

But my point is this, you don't need to go to the matches to have a positive attitude about the team.

I turn off the radio once the match is done because I hate listening to the idiots who phone in.

I wish these idiots who ring in would come to the same opinion and let the fans who actually have the money to go, give their opinions.

They have seen the match up close and personal and are the most qualified to give an opinion!

Finances and personal circumstances are very different. I mean those saying not until SISU go, Thorn goes, we invest millions (we haven't got), etc. I live 50 miles away and got a season ticket but can't afford all away games. Admire those who do despite probably having challenging finances themselves.

kepit 2 yusen

It's very disappointing from 2 goals up - but I can't say why it happened as I wasn't there.

It's a good point, and if we'd come from 2 goals down i'd be really happy.

I was there and can only offer my opinion. True, the loss of Fleck and Wood was noticeable but it seemed to come down that last 15-20 vulnerable minutes we nearly always seem to have where we are just hanging on and the opponents are coming to get us. Seen it so many times and it happened again today. For some reason we just stop being cohesive on the pitch and it looks desperate. As yet we are still unable to play 90 minutes and its costing us. They did play well in the first half and had some good moments in the second.
Swindon looked very capable of putting 2 or 3 more past us in the end and we have only Murphy to thank that they didn't !

sky_blue_up_north

This a pretty good run, win at home, draw away is all we need to do get to the play offs

stupot07

I'm sure they said on sky that Notts County haven't lost away in 14-15 games.....and they won 4-0 away today.

Grendel

I'm sure they said on sky that Notts County haven't lost away in 14-15 games.....and they won 4-0 away today.

Yes a very hard game. The truth is we are miles off being play off contenders so should be happy with a draw against a team with momentum. Our defence is I think one of the worst in the league. Reckord looks decent but Clarke has been poor and the centre halves all look sun standard.

Add to that we are likely to lose Mcgoldrick bailey and Reckord in January and the future is uncertain.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Good luck with the new job...:claping hands:

redsox

Facebook User
[
Playing a Dame is going to be so much fun (I'm a professional actor lol)[/QUOTE]

He's behind you!!!!:p

Astute

I don't think you are a professional actor at all. I think you just like dressing up in women's clothing.

And who is better than yourself to give him some tips Otis ;)

RichieGunns

I don't think you are a professional actor at all. I think you just like dressing up in women's clothing.

Lol Nah I don't like dressing up in women's clothing, but playing a Dame is immensely fun!

And my degree contradicts your statement in every way. I'd be happy to show you one of these days lol Type Harry Haylings into Google and you'll find my profile on Casting Call Pro.

I of course go by real name on here (Richie :p )

Otis

Just checked you. Fair play to you.

Do you always get paid for acting work? A lot of these short films are just expenses only usually (feed you and maybe a bit of petrol money and that's it).

RichieGunns

Just checked you. Fair play to you.

Do you always get paid for acting work? A lot of these short films are just expenses only usually (feed you and maybe a bit of petrol money and that's it).

Yeh I mostly get paid for what I do.

When it comes to short films, its all to do with the budget. Mostly its student films and what you said is what mostly happens but some have a big enough budget that they can pay you for your time.

Two films I did this year paid me. One paid me for my train fair while the other gave me about £40 for my time as well as my train fair back lol

The show im doing this year works out at £275 a week which is quite good for a panto tour.

I'm also performing at Conkers Activity Centre in Burton. It's a residency, im there for a week and 2 days and any of you are more than welcome to come as its open to the public. You simply pay for your admission to Conkers (which is £8.05 for Adults, £6.25 for Children (3 - 15), free for 0-2's and if your bringing a family its £25.16 for two adults and two children or 1 adult and 3 children).

The admission to both shows (A Christmas Carol and Sleeping Beauty) is included in the tickets from what my boss has told me.

Times are:

Sleeping Beauty - 11am
A Christmas Carol - 2pm

Feel free to come. Would be great to meet some of you at some point! I may get the chance before then as I hope to go to a few games once my bank has money in it again lol Depends if I have saturdays off of course lol

Users who are viewing this thread