Helping Someone Out (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I have noticed random people stopping you to ask for money is on the rise. I wouldn't give them anything.

Had a bloke flag me down on the street asking for money because he had run out of fuel. Erm, no thanks.

Nick

Administrator
Nah its always been about. In the 90s at uni I had a Nissan Bluebird stop me continuously over three years sayng they'd run out of fuel needed to get back to Reading so could I buy their drugs...

Did they actually ask you for the drugs? "Run out of fuel mate, can you buy me some drugs?"

covcity4life

not all are greedy btw. notice that on streets many will say 'cheers mate but ive already eaten, give it someone who needs it'

but in the hostels where they have a bed and meals thus spend more on alcohol thats where you get people grabbing food off you and saying stuff like 'oh man you only got ready salted crisps? i like salt and vinegar' etc

but i dont get annoyed because at end of the day they still have it hard compared to me.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

In town today and saw an elderly Indian lady go up to a homeless guy near Broadgate and she went to give him some food and he refused.

Passed him again 20 minutes later and he was asking people for money.

Said it before go through town at 7am and you’ll see so few compared to a nice sunny day at midday.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

A rather haggard bloke with sick down his jacket came over to me, said he'd got throughly rat-arsed the night before and got arrested, and he didn't have the money to get the train home so had been stuck there all day. Guess I should have got him the ticket rather than given him the cash, but I got a big sick-stained hug and sloppy kiss for my troubles before he rushed off to get a ticket.

He deserved help for his honesty!

The train ticket one they’re always pulling out, usually Northampton of all places they need to get to!

fernandopartridge

In town today and saw an elderly Indian lady go up to a homeless guy near Broadgate and she went to give him some food and he refused.

Passed him again 20 minutes later and he was asking people for money.

This mind sound dreadful but you should give neither money nor food to beggars. It doesn't help.

tommydazzle

This brings back an incident here in Bell Green a few years ago. I saw a blind bloke struggling against the wind and it was blowing him about, so I said " hang on I'll grab your arm,and help you along." To my amazement he said " fuck off " and tried to hit me with his cane ! A couple stood by me and said, don't help him mate as he's a nasty bastard. So I left him and the wind blew him over !
Made my day this - can't stop laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread