Help required with dating a football (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Xmas presents in my family have always seemed a bit predictable so it came as a suprise a few years back that the usual City slippers were replaced by an old laced up football with Coventry City on it. Its signed by the team of the day but I have no idea from what era and I dont recognise the names.

Dad won it in an auction at some masons do some years back and I was most pleased. I forgot I had it but then found it when sorting out all my 87 memorabilia

If people think they could help then I'll post some pictues. I did refer it to the club historian but he doesnt do autograph ID

Normal service had resumed with the slippers until I said I no longer wanted them .....my poor NOPM effort

Cheers

Covkid1968#

This reads like some sort of perverted request....Im happily married and have no sexual interest in leather footballs

wingy

What year did your dad give It to you,pretty likely It's from the squad of same year.

Covkid1968#

What year did your dad give It to you,pretty likely It's from the squad of same year.

Approx 5 years ago - I haadnt considered that current players would sign an old football. Unless you are hinting at me being in my 60's the old man gave it to me in the 50's when I was a wee lad.

When were laced up balls replaced - was it the 60's??????????

I'll get up into my man cave of a loft and bring it down over the weekend and post some pictures

sweeno70

I obviously got the wrong idea of this thread as I thought that somebody wanted help to actually go on a date with a football !!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Football dating. Is it like carbon dating?

Como

Laced balls were around in the 60's, might have been going out by then. My guess is that this was never intended to be used, more a display item with the laces being for historical association.

Otis

This reads like some sort of perverted request....Im happily married and have no sexual interest in leather footballs

Well that's the way I read it too.

I myself used to date a football. Got no kicks from it though and in the end I feel I let it down badly.

Users who are viewing this thread