Health and safety Jobs (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Anybody on this forum work in health and safety?

I am looking at doing a Nebosh General Certificate and Construction Certificate... And was wondering How easy or how hard it is to get work upon Completion.

I have had 1 person mention national grid, I cnat remember who it was so would be grateful if that person could inbox me...

Anybody else's input much appreciated

wingy

I am looking at doing a Nebosh General Certificate and Construction Certificate... And was wondering How easy or how hard it is to get work upon Completion.

I have had 1 person mention national grid, I cnat remember who it was so would be grateful if that person could inbox me...

It was Reverend.

Si80

Can't comment on how easy / hard it is to get work on completion, but I know that anything H&S in my company (Severn Trent) really looks favourably on Nebosh / Iosh trained people when advertising roles in that area.

clint van damme

Health and safety is for snowflakes!

In all seriousness, it was the reverend who mentioned NG. He doesn't post as often as he used. Perhaps DM him.

Evo1883

Booked myself on the nebosh general certificate course in Birmingham, being held at St Andrews of all places 😂

OffenhamSkyBlue

I would say it is relatively easy to get a job in H&S with a couple of decent qualifications behind you (we struggle to find good people when we have vacancies - most applicants are chancers or no-hopers!). Doing NEBOSH Construction is a good call, but consider a Fire qualification too - there are often organisations looking for a decent Fire adviser.
I'd hold off on going beyond certificate level until you get your foot in the door somewhere, so that you (a) know you enjoy the line of work, and (b) may be able to get them to pay for at least some of it!
There are more and more ways of getting to Diploma level now, not just via NEBOSH, and plenty with distance learning options. I did a university diploma, which might be an option for you too.

I'd say now is a good time to get into it too - everyone suddenly loves someone who can do their Covid risk assessments for them!

The Reverend Skyblue

I would say it is relatively easy to get a job in H&S with a couple of decent qualifications behind you (we struggle to find good people when we have vacancies - most applicants are chancers or no-hopers!). Doing NEBOSH Construction is a good call, but consider a Fire qualification too - there are often organisations looking for a decent Fire adviser.
I'd hold off on going beyond certificate level until you get your foot in the door somewhere, so that you (a) know you enjoy the line of work, and (b) may be able to get them to pay for at least some of it!
There are more and more ways of getting to Diploma level now, not just via NEBOSH, and plenty with distance learning options. I did a university diploma, which might be an option for you too.

I'd say now is a good time to get into it too - everyone suddenly loves someone who can do their Covid risk assessments for them!
My life at work is consumed with COVID RA, I have no time to do all the other parts of my job, monitoring work quality is hard to find the time for. Hopfully next year all should get back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread