Have Wasps got a ground for next season? (1 Viewer)

Cov kid 55

I thought they had agreed a deal to play at Solihull Moor’s ground next season. However, reading the Cov Rugby Club forum just now, it would appear that that isn’t the case, and that they seem to be considering various options. That worries me, is there a chance that they could poll up at the CBS Arena again? Ashley owes the football club nothing, and if he/Frasers can make money from having another full time tenant, then why wouldn’t he? Someone reassure me, please?

Grendel

I thought they had agreed a deal to play at Solihull Moor’s ground next season. However, reading the Cov Rugby Club forum just now, it would appear that that isn’t the case, and that they seem to be considering various options. That worries me, is there a chance that they could poll up at the CBS Arena again? Ashley owes the football club nothing, and if he/Frasers can make money from having another full time tenant, then why wouldn’t he? Someone reassure me, please?

Why do you care? You are up their arse on the forum sucking up to that toss pot Neils

Cov kid 55

From the Cov Rugby forum it looks like that’s not done and dusted.The whole Sixways thing looks to be up in the air.

Hobo

Who cares where they are?

stupot07

Last edited:

Cov kid 55

I couldn’t give a fuck where they play. But also don’t want them at the CBS. So kind of do give a fuck.
That’s the point, I don’t care where they end up, as long as it’s not at the CBS. But while ever their ground next season hasn’t been finalised, there could be a danger that they end up back here?

edgy

So the only way is up then, if they are the better of the two where do ccfc ladies play ?

Members of the West Midlands Regional Women's Football League - Open Age / Division One North.

Matches played on Sunday afternoons / Home Venue: Kenilworth Sporting, Gypsy Lane, Kenilworth, CV8 1FA.

Training is on Wednesday evenings between 7:30pm and 9:00pm / Venue: President Kennedy School, Rookery Lane, Coventry, CV6 4GL.

1679482151438.png

Come on Doug, get the lasses back under the CCFC umbrella. Can't have Cov Utd being top dogs in the city.

TomRad85

Members of the West Midlands Regional Women's Football League - Open Age / Division One North.

Matches played on Sunday afternoons / Home Venue: Kenilworth Sporting, Gypsy Lane, Kenilworth, CV8 1FA.

Training is on Wednesday evenings between 7:30pm and 9:00pm / Venue: President Kennedy School, Rookery Lane, Coventry, CV6 4GL.

View attachment 28795

Come on Doug, get the lasses back under the CCFC umbrella. Can't have Cov Utd being top dogs in the city.
Nice club house at Kenilworth Sporting, do a good breakfast too.

skybluelee

View attachment 28795

It would be great to see them climb the pyramid a bit and then get them playing at the CBSA. Surely the investment needed would be relatively minimal to take them for where they are currently (tier 6) to something like the 4th tier as a starting point.

Boosh

I would rather any money be used on our team rather than some random girls.

Nick

Administrator
How would it be viable in the slightest to play at the CBS? Cov Utd women playing at the Butts isn't even viable.

Who's going to pay for it all?

slowpoke

Ladies football is certainly on the rise but any ladies team to play at the CBS would need serious sponsorship, but then again Fraser Plus target customers are more likely women I’d think, might be interesting.

It’sabatch87

I was speaking to a wa*ps fan a few weeks ago from Henley on Thames and she couldn’t understand my hatred towards them.
I said we already had a rugby club in our city etc…
She didn’t have a clue about their debts and couldn’t understand why they folded and thought the owner would look after them.
She was still thinking they were getting 10,000 plus gates🤣

Last edited:

skybluelee

How would it be viable in the slightest to play at the CBS? Cov Utd women playing at the Butts isn't even viable.

Who's going to pay for it all?
Doesn't have to be a permanent scenario but for 1/2/3 fixtures a season to try and further increase the appeal of football to women and girls. Maybe a benefit could be an increase in the numbers of women and girls at City matches. My daughters' interest in football generally has peaked as a result of the Lionesses and it feels to me like a good time to tap into that market further.

No idea regarding the financial viability.

NorthernWisdom

Doesn't have to be a permanent scenario but for 1/2/3 fixtures a season to try and further increase the appeal of football to women and girls. Maybe a benefit could be an increase in the numbers of women and girls at City matches. My daughters' interest in football generally has peaked as a result of the Lionesses and it feels to me like a good time to tap into that market further.

No idea regarding the financial viability.
A club should be club rather than business anyway. Only helps if we had a successful CCFC womens to get CCFC mens in profile as well - mutually beneficial an all that.

Samo

I would doubt that
Why? I would think that would be the perfect use of a stadium, men's and women's week about, given the growth of the women's game.

Boosh

Why? I would think that would be the perfect use of a stadium, men's and women's week about, given the growth of the women's game.

Im heading to the north London derby on Saturday, anyone else taking in a women’s game during the international break?

oscillatewildly

I said this could be a possibility a few months back. However, we do know that MA is not a charity and that club right now needs charity.

Users who are viewing this thread