Hatton fight. (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

10 it looks like? am i wrong?

SkyBlueScottie

Hatton was on the booze all throughout his career, and has pretty much been off it for the last 14 months.

Of course age could have caught up with hiim etc but I actually think he will be ok. We tend to write our fighters off early over here, Hatton has only lost to Mayweather and Pacquiao, where as people such as Malignaggni are still fighting and are thought of as a v good champion. As long as there is fuel in the tank I could see him winning a title again, in fact Malignaggi is at ringside tonight to offer him a shot as long as things go well this evening.

scroobiustom

got goosebumps on the entrance - (dont even like him that much) come on hatton!

Marty

I reckon thats it for him now. Unless he needs a pay day of course.

Mr pot

Good. The fucking manc chav lost. I am happy that we will never see this piss poor excuse of a boxer again. British boxing has been shit for too long anyone who clinged on to this guy knows fuck all. I truly hope hatton will defeat his demons in life however and enjoy his retirement.

Mr pot

He looked unhealthy before the fight. It's not often you see boxers bruised like he did before a fight from sparring.

Gaz

Very sad to see, Ricky Hatton was a very good boxer but he was allways going to struggle here tonight.

Nothing to do with writting off our fighters or anything but most boxing fans would have said it was a mistake to make a come back, and tonight's showing has proved that.
As for malignaggi, I don't rate him a very good champion and don't know anyone who thinks he is, but the harsh truth of it is that Hatton wouldn't last 4 rounds with him now.

Very sad ending to his career and to a personal all time favorite of mine.

Mr pot

Hatton was never ever a great though was he. As in someone in British boxing who will be remembered. As far as I'm concerned I'm glad this facade of a chapter is over

Grendel

Hatton was never ever a great though was he. As in someone in British boxing who will be remembered. As far as I'm concerned I'm glad this facade of a chapter is over

What's the next chapter in this wonderful sport? Soon you'll be telling me an ex-England fast bowler will be taking to the ring.

Gaz

Not sure if he ever will be remembered in British boxing as a great, I don't think anyone on this thread has claimed him one either have they.
But he definitely will be remembered as one of the most exciting fighters of his generation, who had undeniably great support when he fought.

Mr pot

Not sure if he ever will be remembered in British boxing as a great, I don't think anyone on this thread has claimed him one either have they.
But he definitely will be remembered as one of the most exciting fighters of his generation, who had undeniably great support when he fought.

No one on the thread did say he was a great. Just wanted to point out that technically he is and was a shit boxer. Maybe I'm one of few who never got excited by his career and prospects

Users who are viewing this thread