haskell ups his game (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

Haskell has upped the ante with a revised bid as new information has come to light.any thoughts

Sbarcher

Is upping his aunty legal?

mattylad

well done to him if that is the case, full ownership of the Ricoh perhaps or just knowledge of the second bid going in???

Last edited:

Otis

Upped the ante?

A revised bid could be just as well be a smaller bid based on new information couldn't it?

Nathccfc

I just hope that something good can come from this 'supposed' better news. Us fans need some good news

Otis

American property tycoon Preston Haskell IV today upped the ante with a revised bid to buy the Sky Blues.
Today is the deadline set by Coventry City FC Ltd’s administrator Paul Appleton for offers for the company that currently holds the rights to the 'golden share' – the licence to play in the Football League.
Appleton has already revealed that eight parties have expressed an interest, including Haskell and a Chinese consortium fronted by North Warwickshire businessman Michael Byng, although it remains to be seen how many actually follow through with firm bids.
Sisu/CCFC (Holdings), who claim they are the beneficial owner of the golden share, are also expected to bid for CCFC Ltd, the company they put into administration.
Haskell’s bid is being fronted by former Sky Blues vice chairman Gary Hoffman and suspended life president Joe Elliott, who submitted an initial offer ten days ago but have decided to revise that following information that has since come to light.
Hoffman and Elliott have tabled their bid on the basis that they are in advanced commercial discussions and close to an agreement on buying 50 per cent of the stadium.
What the offers for CCFC Ltd will resolve is unclear but anyone bidding will be doing so on the assumption that the golden share – which is now in Preston with the Football League who confiscate it when a club goes into administration and then return it when it comes out – is given to them to run the football club.
Hoffman confirmed a revised bid was being made today and said: “Our objective would be to do a deal on the stadium and buy the football club, the golden share, to enable us to reunite the heart and home of Coventry City because Coventry has not had a home, really, since Highfield Road because it has been a tenant.
“It would be great to reunite the heart and the home and to have Coventry City playing at the Ricoh from day one of the new season.
“That’s what we want to do and that’s what Preston Haskell wants to do, and he’s committed to doing that.”

Otis

American property tycoon Preston Haskell IV today upped the ante with a revised bid to buy the Sky Blues.
Today is the deadline set by Coventry City FC Ltd’s administrator Paul Appleton for offers for the company that currently holds the rights to the 'golden share' – the licence to play in the Football League.
Appleton has already revealed that eight parties have expressed an interest, including Haskell and a Chinese consortium fronted by North Warwickshire businessman Michael Byng, although it remains to be seen how many actually follow through with firm bids.
Sisu/CCFC (Holdings), who claim they are the beneficial owner of the golden share, are also expected to bid for CCFC Ltd, the company they put into administration.
Haskell’s bid is being fronted by former Sky Blues vice chairman Gary Hoffman and suspended life president Joe Elliott, who submitted an initial offer ten days ago but have decided to revise that following information that has since come to light.
Hoffman and Elliott have tabled their bid on the basis that they are in advanced commercial discussions and close to an agreement on buying 50 per cent of the stadium.
What the offers for CCFC Ltd will resolve is unclear but anyone bidding will be doing so on the assumption that the golden share – which is now in Preston with the Football League who confiscate it when a club goes into administration and then return it when it comes out – is given to them to run the football club.
Hoffman confirmed a revised bid was being made today and said: “Our objective would be to do a deal on the stadium and buy the football club, the golden share, to enable us to reunite the heart and home of Coventry City because Coventry has not had a home, really, since Highfield Road because it has been a tenant.
“It would be great to reunite the heart and the home and to have Coventry City playing at the Ricoh from day one of the new season.
“That’s what we want to do and that’s what Preston Haskell wants to do, and he’s committed to doing that.”

Otis

Excellent stuff. The golden share is already in Preston!!

He now just needs to sick it up or shit it out doesn't he and he's on to a winner!

RogerH

It's occurred to me that as the two major bidders are in completely different lines of business, whether there was any scope for co-operation to create a bid which would be far too much for SISU to refuse ? Probably not, but just a thought.

clemy07

Where has this been reported? Thought the deadline had been extended until 14th june. I hope something is sorted sooner rather than later, I am fed up of worrying about off the field antics now.

SkyBlueRuffian

Maybe the thinking is if any potential buyer has already agreed a deal to buy the Ricoh, fully or partly, then it'll make their purchase for CCFC Ltd stronger.

The fact that PHIV has already met with ACL and is headed by Hoffman and Elliott makes him the strongest contender, although Michael Byng was very confident of ownership.

Sbarcher

Preston buys Ltd and GS - he has the right to play football. Agrees a sale of Ricoh with interested parties (no pressure to do this as he will agree a reasonable rent until completed).
Holdings hold player registration which FL will now declare null and void.
Preston takes on contracts of those he wishes to keep and tops up with others.
SISU are f***ed!!!
QED

Premier

I think SISU don't want any bids so that CCFC ltd can be liquidated so the lease for the Ricoh disappears with teh company. That then strengthens their hand for challenging CCC's arrangement for the mortgage?

stupot07

I don't envy any potential buyer. The football league still has discretion on whether it returns the golden share to ltd or award it to Holdings.

This is not cut and dry.

Buster

could be that after creditors meeting sisu has informaly wispered a minimum walk away fee and interested parties have been asked to match! Wouldnt that be sweet . Just speculation of course based on the fact that things arnt looking too good for sisu at the moment.

mattylad

If I had to go to court and back a corner then it wouldn't be that holdings have any claim on the GS. That would set a new legal precedent and blow the league rule book to smithereens. Far more likely is that a price would have to be paid in line with the value of the assets being held in holdings and a smart bidder might well put an offer together that included a percentage buy out of the debt, an agreement on the Ricoh and a value taken from the last accounts for those assets held under the holdings banner. Pushing the legal point that ltd/holdings have traded as the same company and so now can't be dealt with separately

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Maybe the thinking is if any potential buyer has already agreed a deal to buy the Ricoh, fully or partly, then it'll make their purchase for CCFC Ltd stronger.

The fact that PHIV has already met with ACL and is headed by Hoffman and Elliott makes him the strongest contender, although Michael Byng was very confident of ownership.

Au contraire. It sounded like Byng had already met SISU, and SISU still hold a lot of the cards in this.

ajsccfc

The article mentions that SISU could make their bid stronger by writing off part of the debt currently owed to them, and then continuing in charge. This is what's going to happen, isn't it?

Steve.B50

I don't envy any potential buyer. The football league still has discretion on whether it returns the golden share to ltd or award it to Holdings.

This is not cut and dry.

yes agreed stupot, but any genuine investor will want part or all of the stadium, I know thats what I would want. The FL would have great difficulty not giving the Golden Share to a potential buyer who also has the Ricoh, which is already and still remains the official registerd address for CCFC.

The article mentions that SISU could make their bid stronger by writing off part of the debt currently owed to them, and then continuing in charge. This is what's going to happen, isn't it?

I guess it depends on how far in the future we are looking. A short term view could be that removing some of the debt is attractive to making the football club more viable but the problem is always going to be the revenue streams. We need to be looking mid/long term now and that cannot surely be with SISU. We have such a history of miss management of this club during their term that anything else surely looks a better long term option. Add to the fact that ACL and SISU are like a divorced couple hence no stadium negotiations it becomes a messy mix.

What if SISU write 30million off and build a stadium for 30million arrrgghhhh :(

mattylad

I guess it depends on how far in the future we are looking. A short term view could be that removing some of the debt is attractive to making the football club more viable but the problem is always going to be the revenue streams. We need to be looking mid/long term now and that cannot surely be with SISU. We have such a history of miss management of this club during their term that anything else surely looks a better long term option. Add to the fact that ACL and SISU are like a divorced couple hence no stadium negotiations it becomes a messy mix.

What if SISU write 30million off and build a stadium for 30million arrrgghhhh :(
rest assured that any debt value SISU write off will soon be ran back up in management fees for building a new ground!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
This is all far too confusing for my old brain to take in! I just want to be assured that I have a club to follow in future no matter what. I can't be arsed with "Golden Shags", PH45 sun cream, SUSI or any other business/financial goings on. Think I'll just wait until the new season starts and find out from Google where we're playing and who owns us! :)

_brian_

He's 100% committed.

He should be*! LOL!

*To a mental institute** is what I'm getting at!

**If Tim Fisher or any of his representatives are reading this, then this is purely a joke and I do not sincerely believe that Mr Fisher has mentalist issues.

wingy

If I had to go to court and back a corner then it wouldn't be that holdings have any claim on the GS. That would set a new legal precedent and blow the league rule book to smithereens. Far more likely is that a price would have to be paid in line with the value of the assets being held in holdings and a smart bidder might well put an offer together that included a percentage buy out of the debt, an agreement on the Ricoh and a value taken from the last accounts for those assets held under the holdings banner. Pushing the legal point that ltd/holdings have traded as the same company and so now can't be dealt with separately

Thats how i see it.Nothing is written in stone of course but I have thought the value for SISU getting out is in LTD .Anyone who is bidding needs it to be a serious bid as Holdings would go for peanuts once a foot is in the Door.
Edit;- And if the rumour of Ryton being sold are true ,somenone has recognised this.

Users who are viewing this thread